Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Extreme Coral #15

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

1 review

on 5/20/2010 12:03:00 PM

I'm editing my review because I've had this lipstick a while and when I first wore it I never thought I would end up loving it as much as I do.

This is an amazingly pigmented coral that tends more towards scarlet. It's very retro, and really came in handy when I had to come up with a "Dorothy" costume at the last minute.

I bought this because both the package and the color reminded me of an antique lipstick my mother had kept from one of her relative's estates. Of course, no one used that lipstick as it was very old but the heavy gilded package containing an unbelievably vivid coral lipstick always seemed so glamorous and beautiful to me when I played with it growing up. This lipstick is exactly that old-fashioned coral. Honestly, it's not a color I'm used to seeing.

I find corals easier to wear than bright cool reds, and I really recommend this if you want the "pop" of color you see when some people wear bright cool reds but look ridiculous when you wear the same shade.

This lipstick deserves appreciation just for lasting power. Dab it on carefully, blot off excess, and it will wear for hours that way. It has a perfectly matte texture without being as drying and thick as most matte lipsticks.

I find it does bleed a little though.

Anyway, now that I have this it has become one of my favorite colors. I don't see this shade a lot so it seems worth the purchase to me. I would definitely repurchase this.