E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

image 1image 2image 3

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 7/4/2016 1:27:00 AM

I've repurchased this multiple times. I use it to sanitize my brushes in between washes. I feel it does that quite well, no break outs over here! It doesn't remove all the color/stain from the brush, but it will remove loose product in the brush. I spray my brushes lightly then wipe them on a clean towel, and boom I'm done. I do let them dry over night before I use them. I'll definitely repurchase until I find something that beats the quality and price.

Pros:
Sanitizes brushes well, the alcohol in it kills the germies I believe
Removes excess product in my brushes so I don't mix colors
Packaging is convenient and works well
Price is fantastic

Cons:
The smell isn't great probably due to the alcohol but I'd rather it kill germs than smell good
Doesn't remove all the product from the brush...not sure it's supposed to tho.

on 7/3/2016 1:22:00 PM

Products Used UP: 0

I ended up just throwing this out. This did nothing for my brushes. Sometimes not even a speck of makeup would come off when I use this. It also, like many other reviewers have noted, has a terribly strong smell like cheap perfume that lingers on your brushes.

To Read all 104 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money! The bottle was almost empty after the first time I used it to clean my brushes- and iit didn't even do a very good job!

on 4/23/2016 2:46:00 AM

First, this was $3 at my local drugstore and it smells amazing. 2 lippies for that.

I have to clean each brush twice with this product, and that is very annoying as I'm used to the Mac brush cleaner. It doesn't spray out too much and the packaging is good, another lippie for that.

I will use this until it runs out, but I wouldn't rebut simply because I have to use too much to get each brush clean, and because I have to use double the product, so I will run out very quickly. xo

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Disgusting odor for cleaning my pro brushes in my kit. Does not clean well, or at all. Will never purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite brush cleaner. I've used so many different types, including making my own. What a joy that was to make. Not.

Anyhoo, this passed my tried and true test with flying colors: I used it to remove the E.L.F. HD Blush from my brushes. If anyone has had any experience with these blushes, then you know that it can be frustrating to the point of tears to remove 100% of that stubborn pigment out of brushes.

But breathe a sigh of relief, because this stuff has magical powers! I swear, I don't work for the company, I'm just excited to share my joy that I can reuse my blush brushes after applying the HD blush. All I do is spray the brush with this, then wipe my brushes across a terry cloth hand towel. Voila! Brand new brushes.

Now I don't have to wait to use my favorite blush brushes (seriously, the HD blush WILL overshadow every single other blush that you try to put on your face. Really, I learned this the hard way. Don't ask.) So now that problem exists no more. HA! I beat you highly pigmented Encore HD Blush. So there! How do ya like them apples?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Try me, I dare you. I'm armed and ready with my trusty bottle of daily brush cleaner.

I just wish they made it in a bigger size. Oh well. It's so cheap that it's fine to stock up on it. No biggie.

on 9/9/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just used this last night to clean all of my brushes. And I went through the entire bottle. But it had been a long while since I had last cleaned my brushes. Other reviews mention the scent, which is not bad in my opinion. It's not overly strong to me. But I am happy with the results. My brushes are certainly clean and I am surprised just how dirty they were. I say this works well and I would definitely purchase again. (Btw- I used it on Real Techniques, E.L.F and Sheer Cover brushes.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why this has such horrible reviews? I love this stuff. It saves my ass daily tbh. It helps get all the gunk out of my makeup brushes easily, it dries fast, and it leaves my makeup brushes feeling really soft and conditioned. They are not dried out whatsoever, like I've read from other reviews on here. It does have a strong perfumey smell, but I kinda like it. I guess that'll come down to preference though. I would definitely recommend this.

First off I want to warn people who buy this to save money:
YOU WILL NOT SAVE MONEY BY BUYING THIS!
Yes this is cheaper than the much superior MAC brush cleanser, but you get SO MUCH LESS product.

Here is some basic math to show you how much you're really paying for this:

In the US a bottle of MAC brush cleanser retails for 15 USD and if you want that same amount of product from E.L.F. (almost 4 bottles at 3 USD each on the elf-us website) it's close to 12 USD.
You've saved 3 USD by the time you finish your 4th bottle of this stuff. Not a great deal.

In the UK a bottle of MAC brush cleanser is 12 GBP and if you want that same amount of product from E.L.F. (almost 4 bottles at 4.50 GBP each on the elf-uk website) it's a whooping 17,6 GBP!!
By the the time you finish your 4th bottle of this stuff you actually spent 5,6 GBP MORE than you would have done at MAC!!!

The cleaner itself:
This is only for spot cleaning. It does work, but not quite as well as the MAC one. It dries in about the same about of time, however I feel this maybe dries the bristles out a little more / isn't quite as conditioning. The smell is very chemical, not horrible, but still a turn off. It does have a spray cap bottle which is nice for spot cleaning, so that is a plus, but I still recommend finding a spray cap that fits on the MAC bottle instead of buying this.

All in all, if this was a fraction of the price, I probably would buy this again to save money spot cleaning my cheaper brushes, even if it's not that great. But because of the ridiculous price tag (come ON elf you guys are supposed to be cheap!) I'm very happy sticking with my MAC brush cleanser for spot cleaning as well as deep clean.

on 8/4/2015 2:34:00 AM

I haven't tried the cinema secrets brush studio yet so I can compare it with this product but I will say that by the looks of it it does the same thing. I think you must have a very filthy brush if you claim that this product does absolutely nothing for your brush. I like to spray my brush 6-10 timeand then I grab a clean paper napkin and make circular motions on it and it does remove a lot of gunk. Granted, it doesn't leave the brush squeaky clean but it does remove extra residue and makeup. This is really cheap in price compared to the cinema secrets brush cleaner which is about $8 for only 2 ounces. So I'd say for $3 it's worth a try. To be honest I don't know if I would repurchase just because I prefer deep cleaning my makeup brushes after each use, regardless how time consuming it is. Also remember that brushes with synthetic bristles breed less bacteria than those with natural bristles, so if you're concerned about the cleanliness of your brushes keep that in mind. The smell is funky though, it smells like farts and chemicals lol jk, but overall it's alright, I don't think it dwarves a bad rep and like I said, yourakeuo brushes must be super dry and dirty if you really claim that this doesn't do squat for your brushes, because I promise you that when I use this, there is a lot of product that comes off even on brushes that I've only used once.

Popular Makeup Brushes