E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

ELF Studio Daily Brush CleanserDaily Brush CleanerDaily Brush Cleaner

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 11/24/2016 4:07:00 PM

Good for a frequent, light brush cleaning after you use it so that it isn't too hard to cleanse it fully once you get around to it later. It worked well but personally, I would use olive oil or my cleanser instead just because it would mean less products in my bathroom.

Overall, it does what it aims for and promises it will do pretty well! I just don't think it's the most effective way to go around things.

on 9/5/2016 3:16:00 AM

This is my first time using a brush cleanser and this does the job pretty well.
I know I'm suppose to use it often but I didn't want to spend so much time on cleaning my brushes.
Also, I guess I should've gotten the brush shampoo instead.

This works just as well and I love the scent!

I can't say it works very well because I had to spray my brush a couple of times before it gets clean?

Then again, I only clean them with this like once in 2-3 weeks

on 8/9/2016 4:39:00 PM

This cleans my brushes so well! It smells nice. I just spray a couple of pumps onto my brushes and swirl them onto a clean tissue until there is no more color rubbing off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff, but I don't use it as a complete brush cleaner which is where most of the negative reviews come from I think.

Instead, I use it to spot clean and disinfect my makeup brushes and sponge in between regular cleanings with soap and water. I don't expect my brushes to be super clean after using this stuff but I like that it had alcohol in it to disinfect. I guess you could take 70% isopropyl alcohol, put it in a spray bottle and get basically the same effect. But straight alcohol wouldn't be very good for spot cleaning, which is why I don't mind spending $3 on this "brush cleaner." It was sooo handy on my trip to Italy where I didn't have time or resources to deep clean my brushes for a week and a half! So I would definitely recommend this for vacations.

I personally don't find the smell to be that offensive and IMO it goes away pretty fast. I think the reason it smells bad to some people is because ELF put in fragrance to cover up the alcohol smell but they didn't choose a very good fragrance lol. The only real con I have is that one time a bottle I bought would leak ever so slightly but enough to bother me. So minor quality control issues

on 7/4/2016 1:27:00 AM

I've repurchased this multiple times. I use it to sanitize my brushes in between washes. I feel it does that quite well, no break outs over here! It doesn't remove all the color/stain from the brush, but it will remove loose product in the brush. I spray my brushes lightly then wipe them on a clean towel, and boom I'm done. I do let them dry over night before I use them. I'll definitely repurchase until I find something that beats the quality and price.

Pros:
Sanitizes brushes well, the alcohol in it kills the germies I believe
Removes excess product in my brushes so I don't mix colors
Packaging is convenient and works well
Price is fantastic

Cons:
The smell isn't great probably due to the alcohol but I'd rather it kill germs than smell good
Doesn't remove all the product from the brush...not sure it's supposed to tho.

on 7/3/2016 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[1]
I ended up just throwing this out. This did nothing for my brushes. Sometimes not even a speck of makeup would come off when I use this. It also, like many other reviewers have noted, has a terribly strong smell like cheap perfume that lingers on your brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money! The bottle was almost empty after the first time I used it to clean my brushes- and iit didn't even do a very good job!

on 4/23/2016 2:46:00 AM

First, this was $3 at my local drugstore and it smells amazing. 2 lippies for that.

I have to clean each brush twice with this product, and that is very annoying as I'm used to the Mac brush cleaner. It doesn't spray out too much and the packaging is good, another lippie for that.

I will use this until it runs out, but I wouldn't rebut simply because I have to use too much to get each brush clean, and because I have to use double the product, so I will run out very quickly. xo

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Disgusting odor for cleaning my pro brushes in my kit. Does not clean well, or at all. Will never purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite brush cleaner. I've used so many different types, including making my own. What a joy that was to make. Not.

Anyhoo, this passed my tried and true test with flying colors: I used it to remove the E.L.F. HD Blush from my brushes. If anyone has had any experience with these blushes, then you know that it can be frustrating to the point of tears to remove 100% of that stubborn pigment out of brushes.

But breathe a sigh of relief, because this stuff has magical powers! I swear, I don't work for the company, I'm just excited to share my joy that I can reuse my blush brushes after applying the HD blush. All I do is spray the brush with this, then wipe my brushes across a terry cloth hand towel. Voila! Brand new brushes.

Now I don't have to wait to use my favorite blush brushes (seriously, the HD blush WILL overshadow every single other blush that you try to put on your face. Really, I learned this the hard way. Don't ask.) So now that problem exists no more. HA! I beat you highly pigmented Encore HD Blush. So there! How do ya like them apples?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Try me, I dare you. I'm armed and ready with my trusty bottle of daily brush cleaner.

I just wish they made it in a bigger size. Oh well. It's so cheap that it's fine to stock up on it. No biggie.

Popular Makeup Brushes