E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner

ELF Studio Daily Brush CleanserDaily Brush CleanerDaily Brush Cleaner

3.4

Water, Alcohol Denat, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben

on 5/18/2017 4:58:00 PM

Good for doing a quick daily spot clean on your brushes in between washings. Works for me. Bottle looks exactly like the Mist and Set so be careful not to spray this on your face if you own both...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Such a useful product. I like that I can clean my brushes enough to change colors or just give them a refresher before they get a proper wash. The smell is off putting but it dissipates quickly. I usually squirt twice and then blot my brush on a towel. It's dry and ready to go immediately afterward. Sometimes with darker colors it takes more than two squirts and it still doesn't completely clean the brush, but then again, it's just a spot cleanser. It's been fulfilling its purpose so far.

I do have one quick packaging gripe, though- the bottle is the exact same one as the ELF Mist and Set. So if you have both like me, I'd recommend marking either so you can tell them apart and maybe keeping them in an assigned place when not in use. The manufacturer most likely did this to save money but I know more than one person that accidentally grabbed one when they wanted the other. Just a heads up.

on 2/7/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this because of the great reviews and I'm glad I did! First off it smells amazing! It's a strong smell though anf lasts for awhile so if you don't like that sort of thing then don't get this, but I love the smell so I don't mind it. I sprayed it on once on my liquid foundation brush and then rubbed the brush on a tissue or paper towel till the brush was clean. I was going to take off one lippie though, because while it does clean the brush enough to get a better application of makeup in the next use you still do need to use your regular brush cleanser to get it thoroughly clean, but on the website it recommends that you do anyways so 5/5. If I could get the brush shampoo by ELF in stores then I would get that instead of this, but since I can't, I definitely will keep it as a part of my makeup bag.

on 8/9/2016 4:39:00 PM

This cleans my brushes so well! It smells nice. I just spray a couple of pumps onto my brushes and swirl them onto a clean tissue until there is no more color rubbing off.

on 9/5/2016 3:16:00 AM

This is my first time using a brush cleanser and this does the job pretty well.
I know I'm suppose to use it often but I didn't want to spend so much time on cleaning my brushes.
Also, I guess I should've gotten the brush shampoo instead.

This works just as well and I love the scent!

I can't say it works very well because I had to spray my brush a couple of times before it gets clean?

Then again, I only clean them with this like once in 2-3 weeks

on 11/24/2016 4:07:00 PM

Good for a frequent, light brush cleaning after you use it so that it isn't too hard to cleanse it fully once you get around to it later. It worked well but personally, I would use olive oil or my cleanser instead just because it would mean less products in my bathroom.

Overall, it does what it aims for and promises it will do pretty well! I just don't think it's the most effective way to go around things.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff, but I don't use it as a complete brush cleaner which is where most of the negative reviews come from I think.

Instead, I use it to spot clean and disinfect my makeup brushes and sponge in between regular cleanings with soap and water. I don't expect my brushes to be super clean after using this stuff but I like that it had alcohol in it to disinfect. I guess you could take 70% isopropyl alcohol, put it in a spray bottle and get basically the same effect. But straight alcohol wouldn't be very good for spot cleaning, which is why I don't mind spending $3 on this "brush cleaner." It was sooo handy on my trip to Italy where I didn't have time or resources to deep clean my brushes for a week and a half! So I would definitely recommend this for vacations.

I personally don't find the smell to be that offensive and IMO it goes away pretty fast. I think the reason it smells bad to some people is because ELF put in fragrance to cover up the alcohol smell but they didn't choose a very good fragrance lol. The only real con I have is that one time a bottle I bought would leak ever so slightly but enough to bother me. So minor quality control issues

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money! The bottle was almost empty after the first time I used it to clean my brushes- and iit didn't even do a very good job!

on 7/4/2016 1:27:00 AM

I've repurchased this multiple times. I use it to sanitize my brushes in between washes. I feel it does that quite well, no break outs over here! It doesn't remove all the color/stain from the brush, but it will remove loose product in the brush. I spray my brushes lightly then wipe them on a clean towel, and boom I'm done. I do let them dry over night before I use them. I'll definitely repurchase until I find something that beats the quality and price.

Pros:
Sanitizes brushes well, the alcohol in it kills the germies I believe
Removes excess product in my brushes so I don't mix colors
Packaging is convenient and works well
Price is fantastic

Cons:
The smell isn't great probably due to the alcohol but I'd rather it kill germs than smell good
Doesn't remove all the product from the brush...not sure it's supposed to tho.

on 4/23/2016 2:46:00 AM

First, this was $3 at my local drugstore and it smells amazing. 2 lippies for that.

I have to clean each brush twice with this product, and that is very annoying as I'm used to the Mac brush cleaner. It doesn't spray out too much and the packaging is good, another lippie for that.

I will use this until it runs out, but I wouldn't rebut simply because I have to use too much to get each brush clean, and because I have to use double the product, so I will run out very quickly. xo