4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I don't use it much. Best for winter and fall. In dim lighting it looks like a tan color versus what you get in the jar. Super bendable and actually very pretty if you get the right lighting.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

This color definitely has a strong shimmer to it, but I love that it doesn't have actually sparkles or glitter. I usually like matte crease colors, but I do like this for a crease color for my green eyes. I think it has some kind of gold in it, and I would describe it as a medium-dark shade, although it looks dark on on-line images. I have a very fair, cool complexion, and this color looks great, and does not come across like a bruise at all. The BE eye shadows aren't packaged that well, especially for traveling, but I think it's the only way they can package them for their loose consistency. :) I would recommend this shade for green eyes for day or night! :)

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

My bestfriend was wearing this shadow one night when we went out for dinner and I could not stop staring at her eyes! She told me she was wearing Devotion by BE and gave me a small pot to try out. I have green eyes and this definately does make them pop. It looks like a mauvey every so lightly taupe purple on me...I'm an NC25 for reference and it does not look muddy. The glimmer effect makes it perfect for night-time too but still weable during the day. Very pigmented and no fallout despite it being loose. No creasing. Well worth the purchase.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

10 years ago

This is a beautiful glimmer if you know how to wear it. It's a mauvey burgundyish shimmery shadow that looks great in the crease/outer lid. Today I have it on (over my HG primer /base Mac Painterly Paint Pot) with Mac Naked Lunch on the inner half of lid, Devotion on outer half and crease and mac Sketch in the deep crease. I must say it looks really good. I have a ton left and don't wear this that often so I don't think I'll need to repurchase but it's pretty enough to do so if I ever run out. It's really too bad that BE got all greedy and quit making everyone stop selling samples--I'd suggest getting a sample of this to try to make sure it's "your kind of purple".... but then again, there's always swapping ! : )

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Other

HairBrown

3.0

10 years ago

This looks good with my brown eyes, but always seemed too dark. I didn't use it much. Just read the review here about adding it to clear radiance, for a different shade and to lighten it, and I'm going to try that. I do like it as liner, it has a pretty shimmer and looks great applied dry or wet.

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

11 years ago

I am so in love with this color. It is a great sheer, purple-plum color that allows you to build the initensity. I debated about getting it but I am so glad that I did. It brings out my hazel-green eyes and was just what I was looking for..

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

11 years ago

This is the most beautiful color BE makes, and is so versatile. It can be used as a liner or shadow. I love purples, but anything too bright just looks ridiculous on me. This color is the answer to my prayers. It's the most lovely soft medium toned shimmer, sort of like a smokey lilac. Sheer it makes a nice all over color, or you can apply it thicker or wet for a more vibrant but still subdued purpley neutral. It is so hard to describe, but it's not over the top or too bright, while still being "purple". It isn't too warm or too cool, though I would say it is on the cool side. I usually use a lighter color up to the crease, with this on top and blended up into the other color, and then use this again smudged with a damp brush all around the eye. Works for day or night, just love love love it!!! As with most shadows, and especially the loose mineral shadows, a primer is a must.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBlond

12 years ago

This is a great color on its own, but I've discovered a beautifull combination: I combine a little clear radiance all-over color with it and it's absolutely gorgeous! The clear radiance is a little on the pink side, and lightens the devotion a bit for a different look. Of course there are myriad combinations of BE products, but this on it's own and with the clear radiance accentuate my green eyes really nicely :-)

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

13 years ago

This looked wonderful on my hand, but horrid on my eyes. The color looked like a wonderful, mauvy-purple when applied dry to the top of my hand, but when I actually put it on my eyes (even only in the crease), it made my eyes look bruised and tired. I also found this color a little bit more difficult to apply than some of the other BE shadows, it seemed a bit more dry and loose. I was disappointed in this shadow in particular, but do still enjoy using other BE shadows.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0
from

13 years ago

Not impressed. Dry, this applied too sheerly and looked like a muddy purple--didn't really bring out my dark brown eyes--just made me look kind of . . .dirty. Applied wet, I thought I had a winner--sparkly intense plum--gorgeous. All of the color faded away in about 2 hours though and I just looked dirty again. I haven't found a BE shadow I could recommend yet.

About reviewer (883 reviews)

SkinCombination