Ardell Apple Pear Cold Wax Brow Shaping Gel

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Packaging: Awesome! This product is very neatly and logically packaged.

Price: I paid 4:49 for mine at CVS. Very good price in my opinion, although after using it I would have preferred to pay less (I will explain why in my overall explanation). I chose it over the strips which were 4:99. (P.S. Can not find this product on the CVS website, anywhere :\)

Overall: This product is okay. I am a first time waxer so I wanted something cheap and easy. As another reviewer said, this product is best used WARM which kinda defeats the purpose of calling it COLD WAX. I put mine in a cup with hot running water. I put it back in the cup every time I wasn't using it and yes, it did need that. I tried using it without putting it back in the water and I couldn't get it to glide on well, I had to put it in the hot water every time. The smell is great and the wax works very well, it comes with everything you need. The only downside, as I and others have said is that the wax is hard to use COLD. DO NOT MICROWAVE, hot water in a cup is good enough, I just put my tap all the way to hot and let it run.

The only other downside is the small amount of wax. Because I couldn't find this on the CVS website I am afraid I may not be able to find it again and I am running low already.

I would recommend this with the side note to use warm and maybe buy more than one if you can.

This isn't a bad product by any means but I find it a little difficult to work with. Although this is a cold wax, which is handy, it doesn't come out of the tube easy. The first time I had to squeeze with some force to get it out of the tube and then it kind of went everywhere. The second time, I poured hot tap water into a dixie cup and and set the tube in there to warm while I took a shower. That made it much easier to get out of the tube and I think it worked better that way. I'm on the fence if I'll buy it again. It was just okay for me. I prefer the Sally Hansen no strip microwaveable wax although it's more of a pain. This is a far less messy version.

I've used pre-shaped cold wax strips for years on my brows. I finally got tired of them not really fitting me properly, having to cut them to fit and then the pain...for some reason those strips always hurt like hell and I never could get used to it. I found this cold gel wax (really seems just like sugar wax in a tube) at my local CVS for about $4.00. It comes in an angle tipped squeeze tube just like a lip gloss and has an orange stick, muslin strips and soothing oil in the kit.

It was love at first wax! You only need a TINY bit to just barely cover the hair, press the muslin on and snap off. It removes all of the hair in one shot and DOES NOT HURT LIKE THE STRIPS!! No pain what so ever. I highly recommend using the flat side of the orange stick to apply around your brows but you can also use this on other parts of your face or body. The only issue I ran into was when the muslin strips ran out I bought the paper type removal strips at Sally's....this wax will not work with anything other than muslin. You get. 0.6 oz in the tube but if you're only using this for brows it will last you a very, very long time. I've had it for nearly a year and still have 3/4 of the tube left. This stuff is great, I certainly recommend it.