Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 6/7/2012 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Even though I love this powder, I don't think I'd be repurchasing again.

The powder works wonders, it gives me a nice finish and handles the oiliness that occurs in my t-zone by the end of the day. However, I have extremely dry skin so if I use this powder my face cakes up and my dry spots are accentuated. At this point I really don't need a powder. Also, the packaging is extremely messy. The puff doesn't work for me, and the powder somehow manages to leak no matter how tight I try to close the lid.

on 5/18/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like how this powder looks on your skin. Light texture, matte yet shimmery enough under lights. Just don't like the puff on the top because it doesn' spread evenly on your face. What I would use is a round face brush and dap it onto the puff and swipe it on the face.

on 4/12/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

__My skin:______________
Acne-prone, sensitive, oily, wide pores, and starting to get fine lines. I have pale, olive skin with medium yellow undertones and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks.

__My situation:__________
Getting married at the end of April and looking for something that will photograph well & make me look naturally flawless for about 8 hours.

The SA at Sephora told me that this could be used under foundation to blur out imperfections. I don't normally use powders because they leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask and they normally turn my foundation a different shade. After testing out this powder under my foundation (Lancome Tinte Idole Ultra), I was amazed that I looked polished & matte for 8 hours! Oils started to break through around my forehead about 10 hours, but even then it looked natural & dewy. I was stunned! Frankly, I couldn't stop looking at myself; I loved the way my skin looked!

__My techique:__________
Washed my face, moisturized (Lancome Renergie Intense Lift), applied UD Razor Sharp finishing powder with a large powder brush (I opened the lid and just gently tapped the brush straight into the powder - the sponge applicator that's attached to the container looks pretty unsanitary and like a lot of prduct would get wasted in the use of the contraption). Tapped off excess powder and buffed onto my entire face. By this point I could see some of my flaws blur out just a bit under the white, powdery haze, but brushing on my foundation helped to even out my skin tone and make me look less geisha-like. As a final touch, I applied more of the finishing powder to my T-zone.

I am absolutely delighted by the effect! I looked like myself, but better! As far as how it turns out in photographs, I think I look a little one dimensional, but I wouldn't fault the powder for this, as I always look flat in pictures because of my pale coloring. I think finding a good blush or bronzer might solve that problem.

__Other Concerns:________
It did make my face feel a little dry at first, but I'm not used to powders on my face. It definitely didn't leave me feeling like my MU was caked on or my face would crack at any given moment. I did notice that it did want to settle in my laugh lines (I hate those things!) and I had to smooth it out in that area a couple of times, especially after a really big smile. :D

I'd also like to note that no dry patches surfaced - even on areas that I applied Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment to the night before.

__Final Assessment:_______
I will likely be using this stuff on the day of the wedding to set my makeup. I actually didn't get a chance to wash my face after the test run and it proved to withstand a night of sleep! Nor did I wake up with any break-outs or unusually clogged pores! (Obviously not something that I would do regularly, but certainly a noteworthy occurance). All in all, I'm VERY IMPRESSED and will reserve this stuff for when I want to look my best (cause I prefer my everyday style to be a little less polished & more "approachable"). This stuff rocks!