Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 8/15/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the most finely milled face powder I've ever came across. I was so scared when I bought this as I'm NC45 and the shade was so light (even though it was supposed to be translucent, they usually show up with a white cast on me). But this blends into my skin like a dream.

The packaging is pretty but impracticable. I took the sponge out as recommended and put the powder in the lid. The powder is so fine, its beautiful. I set my tinted moisturizer and concealer with this. This really gives me a flawless finish that does not look as though I'm wearing a tonne of makeup. It just helps me give the illusion as though I have really great skin.

If I'd known this was so great I would have bought more. I think its discontinued but my fingers are crossed that UD bring this back on sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This translucent finishing powder works great. Sets my foundation without looking powdery and gives on overall visually smoothing effect. I don't often do a full face, but when I do, this powder is the best at making the foundation, blush, highlight, and contour look seamless and more natural. With my brown skin, I was hesitant to try translucent powder, but this super light powder blends right in and doesn't look ashy. For reference, I have cocoa brown combination to normal skin with acne scars and hyperpigmentation. It minimizes my t-zone shine and helps my face last all day. I even use it with a little bronzer for a barefaced (looking) glow and its amazing. There's no smell and it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin or eyes. There's enough detail in the other reviews about the sponge puff thing, so I won't go into it. I removed the inner sponge layers and just dust some into the top through the puff and apply with a real techniques brush.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so, as most are saying, the packaging for this product is a nightmare. But the actual powder is a godsend! I left the sponge puff applicator attached and keep it on the "close" setting. I just unscrew the whole top part off, dip a brush in the powder, and apply it that way. You don't waste product that way and it's a lot cleaner. The powder itself is amazing and does exactly what it claims. Try it out if you want! Just be wary of the packaging.

I was a little leery of this finishing powder at first but have really grown to like it. I usually don't like loose powders but find that loose finishing powders are what work best for me when setting my makeup so I was really drawn to this with its particular promises. I like this setting powder because it is finely milled and truly does blur away my fine lines and minor imperfections. It can be scary at first because it does apply a little white and ghostly, but going over it with a nice, fluffy powder brush clears that up. As others have mentioned, the only downside is the applicator. Not to sound like a turd, but it's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen... it seriously sucks. I have not read one review on here or other sites that thought the attached-puff applicator was a good idea. Sorry for my rant but I really hate the puff, haha.
In the end though, I really love this and believe it gives a smooth, almost air-brushed finish if applied correctly (with a quality powder brush). It's not going to cover up a honking, mountain of a zit but it will definitely help with your typical imperfections. I also think it helps with oil control, another plus! Oh, and it may look like there's not a lot in the container but I promise this baby will last you a longgg time!

on 9/24/2012 7:17:00 PM

I bought this a while back and am now on my second jar. I really like the fine powder and it glides over my skin easily. It also sets my foundation well and feels amazingly light.

The packaging however, I do not like. It has a puff on it and I seldom use it, therefore its a waste of space that could potentially have more substance for the price I pay.

UPDATE: This has since been discontinued and I'm so sad! Anyone know of a good dupe?

on 4/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for setting makeup, however dont bother using the puff. What I do is take the cover off the puff that way the three holes are showing. Then when you want to use it, just twist to open, turn it over still inside the cap and tap on the bottom to get the product to come out into the cap. Then use a brush to pick up the product in the cap and your set to go! Its kinda like they way you would use bare minerals, pour it into the lid and buff into your brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best finishing powder i've ever tried. It doesn't leave a powdery makeuppy look no matter how much you pat on and really does hide minor imperfections. The packaging looks a bit cheap, and the product is quite expensive for such a small pot, but it is a good quality powder at the end of the day, and unless I discover something better, I will probably repurchase.

on 6/4/2010 3:28:00 PM

I purchased this hoping it would provide some coverage in addition to a soft-focus finish like I get with Aromaleigh's ultra-res - which I like quite a lot. I got neither coverage or soft-focus, and this was itchy also.

on 4/25/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I didn't like this finishing powder I found it to make me look white and cakey. I then tried it with UD Good Karma Finishing powder brush and now I couldn't be without it! The brush applies a light veil of powder and once it sets after about a minute your skin will look flawless. It minimizes my pores and mattifies my oily skin with a satin finish. Kept my make up looking fresh all day.

on 4/12/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

__My skin:______________
Acne-prone, sensitive, oily, wide pores, and starting to get fine lines. I have pale, olive skin with medium yellow undertones and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks.

__My situation:__________
Getting married at the end of April and looking for something that will photograph well & make me look naturally flawless for about 8 hours.

The SA at Sephora told me that this could be used under foundation to blur out imperfections. I don't normally use powders because they leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask and they normally turn my foundation a different shade. After testing out this powder under my foundation (Lancome Tinte Idole Ultra), I was amazed that I looked polished & matte for 8 hours! Oils started to break through around my forehead about 10 hours, but even then it looked natural & dewy. I was stunned! Frankly, I couldn't stop looking at myself; I loved the way my skin looked!

__My techique:__________
Washed my face, moisturized (Lancome Renergie Intense Lift), applied UD Razor Sharp finishing powder with a large powder brush (I opened the lid and just gently tapped the brush straight into the powder - the sponge applicator that's attached to the container looks pretty unsanitary and like a lot of prduct would get wasted in the use of the contraption). Tapped off excess powder and buffed onto my entire face. By this point I could see some of my flaws blur out just a bit under the white, powdery haze, but brushing on my foundation helped to even out my skin tone and make me look less geisha-like. As a final touch, I applied more of the finishing powder to my T-zone.

I am absolutely delighted by the effect! I looked like myself, but better! As far as how it turns out in photographs, I think I look a little one dimensional, but I wouldn't fault the powder for this, as I always look flat in pictures because of my pale coloring. I think finding a good blush or bronzer might solve that problem.

__Other Concerns:________
It did make my face feel a little dry at first, but I'm not used to powders on my face. It definitely didn't leave me feeling like my MU was caked on or my face would crack at any given moment. I did notice that it did want to settle in my laugh lines (I hate those things!) and I had to smooth it out in that area a couple of times, especially after a really big smile. :D

I'd also like to note that no dry patches surfaced - even on areas that I applied Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment to the night before.

__Final Assessment:_______
I will likely be using this stuff on the day of the wedding to set my makeup. I actually didn't get a chance to wash my face after the test run and it proved to withstand a night of sleep! Nor did I wake up with any break-outs or unusually clogged pores! (Obviously not something that I would do regularly, but certainly a noteworthy occurance). All in all, I'm VERY IMPRESSED and will reserve this stuff for when I want to look my best (cause I prefer my everyday style to be a little less polished & more "approachable"). This stuff rocks!