Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so, as most are saying, the packaging for this product is a nightmare. But the actual powder is a godsend! I left the sponge puff applicator attached and keep it on the "close" setting. I just unscrew the whole top part off, dip a brush in the powder, and apply it that way. You don't waste product that way and it's a lot cleaner. The powder itself is amazing and does exactly what it claims. Try it out if you want! Just be wary of the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Aside from the packaging this is an amazing finishing powder. I don't even bother with the cap, I just take it off when I need to use it because the first time I tried to mess with the cap I found that it was jammed. But if you take it completely off you can still use the product, and in fact it actually might be more useable that way. Actually I shouldn't say that I don't use the cap, because I do. What I do is I take a MAC 188 (Or whichever brush you use for your setting powder) and pat it in the product, then I turn the cap upside down and tap any excess powder in the little dip in the cap. It's kind of how you would use the Bare Minerals if you're familiar with that. So then I swipe the brush around in the cap and get just the right amount on my brush. I apply after I'm completely done doing my makeup, and I put it all over my face, but try to concentrate on my acne scars. It does give my skin a very smooth look and I don't know if it's just me but I think it sort of fills in my acne scars. I can apply it over my blush and bronzer and it doesn't effect the color at all. I also like using it for touch-ups or when I start to notice that my face is getting oily.

on 4/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for setting makeup, however dont bother using the puff. What I do is take the cover off the puff that way the three holes are showing. Then when you want to use it, just twist to open, turn it over still inside the cap and tap on the bottom to get the product to come out into the cap. Then use a brush to pick up the product in the cap and your set to go! Its kinda like they way you would use bare minerals, pour it into the lid and buff into your brush.

on 4/25/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I didn't like this finishing powder I found it to make me look white and cakey. I then tried it with UD Good Karma Finishing powder brush and now I couldn't be without it! The brush applies a light veil of powder and once it sets after about a minute your skin will look flawless. It minimizes my pores and mattifies my oily skin with a satin finish. Kept my make up looking fresh all day.

Okay so here is the deal with this product...its awesome as a finishing powder, however, applying it the way that it tells you to...not so awesome. I was talking with the Urban Decay Rep, and she told me instead of patting it on like you would Urban Decay Foundation...you should just pat it on your hand, and then switch is closed, and sweep it on your face. It is great once you get that flaw out of the way. Have fun! Thanks for reading.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i had high hope with this UD's razor sharp powder...
i guess, UD is not very good when in comes to powder cuz i didn't like their demattifying powder either...
i still love UD, though... not so much with powders, i guess...

so anyways, this showed my large pores and i didn't look smooth when i put it on.. under the lights, i saw some bumps - maybe from irritation??... smells awful - burnt odor.. weird???
packaging is a big problem... i hate the puff that came with.. not so sanitary cuz the puff/sponge is attached to the case.. the whole thing is just weird..

save your cash and splurge on Make up forever's HD powder... so much better...

SN: i don't work for MUFE.. i just mentioned them a lot cuz i love most of their MU..