Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 3/15/2011 3:05:00 PM

OK, first...I LOVE UD. I HATE the packaging and the little puff thingy it comes with. I don't even use. I really hate that part of it. Moving on...I opened it up by twisting the cap off and use a stipple brush to apply this. I like it because it sets my makeup, gives me an airbrushed look (even if I go without makeup that day I still get a fresh airbrushed look). I really do like this but they have got to do something with that God aweful puffy thing!!!!

on 4/25/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I didn't like this finishing powder I found it to make me look white and cakey. I then tried it with UD Good Karma Finishing powder brush and now I couldn't be without it! The brush applies a light veil of powder and once it sets after about a minute your skin will look flawless. It minimizes my pores and mattifies my oily skin with a satin finish. Kept my make up looking fresh all day.

on 4/12/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

__My skin:______________
Acne-prone, sensitive, oily, wide pores, and starting to get fine lines. I have pale, olive skin with medium yellow undertones and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks.

__My situation:__________
Getting married at the end of April and looking for something that will photograph well & make me look naturally flawless for about 8 hours.

The SA at Sephora told me that this could be used under foundation to blur out imperfections. I don't normally use powders because they leave me feeling like I'm wearing a mask and they normally turn my foundation a different shade. After testing out this powder under my foundation (Lancome Tinte Idole Ultra), I was amazed that I looked polished & matte for 8 hours! Oils started to break through around my forehead about 10 hours, but even then it looked natural & dewy. I was stunned! Frankly, I couldn't stop looking at myself; I loved the way my skin looked!

__My techique:__________
Washed my face, moisturized (Lancome Renergie Intense Lift), applied UD Razor Sharp finishing powder with a large powder brush (I opened the lid and just gently tapped the brush straight into the powder - the sponge applicator that's attached to the container looks pretty unsanitary and like a lot of prduct would get wasted in the use of the contraption). Tapped off excess powder and buffed onto my entire face. By this point I could see some of my flaws blur out just a bit under the white, powdery haze, but brushing on my foundation helped to even out my skin tone and make me look less geisha-like. As a final touch, I applied more of the finishing powder to my T-zone.

I am absolutely delighted by the effect! I looked like myself, but better! As far as how it turns out in photographs, I think I look a little one dimensional, but I wouldn't fault the powder for this, as I always look flat in pictures because of my pale coloring. I think finding a good blush or bronzer might solve that problem.

__Other Concerns:________
It did make my face feel a little dry at first, but I'm not used to powders on my face. It definitely didn't leave me feeling like my MU was caked on or my face would crack at any given moment. I did notice that it did want to settle in my laugh lines (I hate those things!) and I had to smooth it out in that area a couple of times, especially after a really big smile. :D

I'd also like to note that no dry patches surfaced - even on areas that I applied Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment to the night before.

__Final Assessment:_______
I will likely be using this stuff on the day of the wedding to set my makeup. I actually didn't get a chance to wash my face after the test run and it proved to withstand a night of sleep! Nor did I wake up with any break-outs or unusually clogged pores! (Obviously not something that I would do regularly, but certainly a noteworthy occurance). All in all, I'm VERY IMPRESSED and will reserve this stuff for when I want to look my best (cause I prefer my everyday style to be a little less polished & more "approachable"). This stuff rocks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i had high hope with this UD's razor sharp powder...
i guess, UD is not very good when in comes to powder cuz i didn't like their demattifying powder either...
i still love UD, though... not so much with powders, i guess...

so anyways, this showed my large pores and i didn't look smooth when i put it on.. under the lights, i saw some bumps - maybe from irritation??... smells awful - burnt odor.. weird???
packaging is a big problem... i hate the puff that came with.. not so sanitary cuz the puff/sponge is attached to the case.. the whole thing is just weird..

save your cash and splurge on Make up forever's HD powder... so much better...

SN: i don't work for MUFE.. i just mentioned them a lot cuz i love most of their MU..