Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 8/15/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the most finely milled face powder I've ever came across. I was so scared when I bought this as I'm NC45 and the shade was so light (even though it was supposed to be translucent, they usually show up with a white cast on me). But this blends into my skin like a dream.

The packaging is pretty but impracticable. I took the sponge out as recommended and put the powder in the lid. The powder is so fine, its beautiful. I set my tinted moisturizer and concealer with this. This really gives me a flawless finish that does not look as though I'm wearing a tonne of makeup. It just helps me give the illusion as though I have really great skin.

If I'd known this was so great I would have bought more. I think its discontinued but my fingers are crossed that UD bring this back on sale.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so, as most are saying, the packaging for this product is a nightmare. But the actual powder is a godsend! I left the sponge puff applicator attached and keep it on the "close" setting. I just unscrew the whole top part off, dip a brush in the powder, and apply it that way. You don't waste product that way and it's a lot cleaner. The powder itself is amazing and does exactly what it claims. Try it out if you want! Just be wary of the packaging.

I own both this setting powder and the MUFE HD loose powder. They perform about equally as far as I can tell in setting foundation and keeping oil at bay without giving an overly dry/powdery look. I do like the slight peachy cast of the UD Razor-sharp powder as it's a little kinder to my NC17ish skintone--I look a little less pale and washed out when I use it versus the MUFE HD powder. I don't know about it's ability to magically blur out any imperfections, but when I take care with my makeup--skin prep, priming, foundation, concealing, and then this powder--I am able to get a fairly flawless/airbrushed look. But again, I think that's more the result of good foundation/concealer application.

The reason for my ho-hum three-star review? The packaging has to be the worst idea in the history of cosmetics. What was UD thinking? The only reason I didn't return this product after observing firsthand the mind-boggling awfulness of the packaging was because I ripped the sponge applicator off the top of the jar and am able to dispense a small amount of product into the lid of an old MAC loose powder container.

Unless UD rethinks the packaging of this product, I will not be repurchasing. There are far too many other good quality setting powders out there with which I don't have to wrestle with the packaging and which cost the same or less than this.

on 4/21/2013 8:57:00 PM

I really like this powder. I usually don't wear powder because I am in my late 40's and don't want to emphasize fine lines or wrinkles more than necessary. This powder does blur my pores and gives my skin a more flawless look without looking dry or powdery. I have used Bare Minerals for some time, but it has begun to make my skin look really dry. The color the MUA picked for me at the urban decay counter works well for me. I am curious how this will hold up and wear as the weather gets hotter.

on 4/12/2013 11:29:00 PM

Great finishing powder!! A tip for those looking to alter the packaging, because I didn't see any specifics here already: tap all the powder back into the container. gently pull the sponge off of the soft plastic, it comes off in parts, and then you will be able to gently pull out of the holes of the hard container the soft plastic that attaches the sponge. now you have a bigger opening you can use to tap out loose powder into the cap and apply with a brush. :)

I was a little leery of this finishing powder at first but have really grown to like it. I usually don't like loose powders but find that loose finishing powders are what work best for me when setting my makeup so I was really drawn to this with its particular promises. I like this setting powder because it is finely milled and truly does blur away my fine lines and minor imperfections. It can be scary at first because it does apply a little white and ghostly, but going over it with a nice, fluffy powder brush clears that up. As others have mentioned, the only downside is the applicator. Not to sound like a turd, but it's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen... it seriously sucks. I have not read one review on here or other sites that thought the attached-puff applicator was a good idea. Sorry for my rant but I really hate the puff, haha.
In the end though, I really love this and believe it gives a smooth, almost air-brushed finish if applied correctly (with a quality powder brush). It's not going to cover up a honking, mountain of a zit but it will definitely help with your typical imperfections. I also think it helps with oil control, another plus! Oh, and it may look like there's not a lot in the container but I promise this baby will last you a longgg time!

on 9/24/2012 7:17:00 PM

I bought this a while back and am now on my second jar. I really like the fine powder and it glides over my skin easily. It also sets my foundation well and feels amazingly light.

The packaging however, I do not like. It has a puff on it and I seldom use it, therefore its a waste of space that could potentially have more substance for the price I pay.

UPDATE: This has since been discontinued and I'm so sad! Anyone know of a good dupe?

on 6/21/2012 5:58:00 PM

Would have given this one a 5 if it were not for the weird attached puff thingy on top that makes application a nightmare!

I LOVE the powder - it sets my foundation and my t zone does not get oily the whole day - even in swampy Arizona summers!

I got a sample of this in the urban bride kit and wish i could say i would re-purchase this but until they fix the awkward container or i figure out a way to open it and remove the puff i won't be buying another.

I have the sample size of this from the Urban Bride kit. I do like this powder, it helps set my makeup (I use it over MUFE HD foundation) it keeps my face fairly matte all day long (as much as possible in Florida humidity) and overall is a nice product.

What do I hate? The stupid applicator brush. Of course the sample size comes with the same one that people complain about on the full size. I find it impossible to pull the entire top off to get to the powder by itself (maybe because I'm afraid of wrecking my nails doing so) so I usually click it to "Open" and dot the applicator on my face, then use a brush to spread it and also dab the brush ON the applicator to pick up some powder. But the applicator just wastes so much product - it doesn't seem to apply a lot to your face, but if you tap it at all you can see powder flying everywhere. It's annoying.. also, the powder kind of smells gross but I think most powders probably do so that's not a big deal.

on 2/10/2012 11:47:00 AM

Like other reviewers have mentioned the packaging sucks as the attached powder puff can't be cleaned and it deposits an uneven amount of powder on the skin. I simply removed the puff and just use the lid to swirl some product onto a brush for application.
This powder only comes in one shade and it matches my complexion (MAC NC15) beautifully. This powder has definitely amazed me as it sets my foundation and provides me with a semi-matte airbrushed look. Doesn't look cakey, powdery, and wears extremely well throughout the day. I have even started using it to set my under eye concealer and this has to be the best powder I have ever used for this task. I'm really enjoying this powder and would repurchase. I'm giving it 4/5 as the packaging isn't user friendly.