Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To start off yes this powder has unusual packaging. The attached puff seems a bit akward but once you get used to it the finish it gives is wonderful. I alternate between using the puff and using a separate brush. Either way this powder never emphasizes fine lines or pores. What I get is a soft matte finish that I never have to touch up. This powder over UD Naked Skin foundation are perfect.

When I first heard of this product I wanted to try it. I was very hesitant though to make the purchase since I read so many negative reviews about it. Every single one I read said the user could not get the powder out, and most wound up breaking the applicator sponge off and just used a brush! I was horrified!!! That wastes so much of the fine powder! Urban Decay designed this to specifically work with this sponge! So as much as I dislike telling my secrets here's a little tip so that maybe UD wont discontinue this powder!! To easily release the powder from jar, turn product over so the applicator sponge is facing down, then gently use thumbs to pump the sponge several times until you notice a fine plume of powder float out. At that point I will either squeeze the product above my face or dab it across my prominent features; I.e.forehead, nose bridge, apples, jaw line and tip of chin, then I softly blend it in with the product's applicator. A little goes a very long way! I am slightly disappointed however at how quick primer and or foundation cakes up the sponge. I usually do not have enough time to let my wet product dry completely before I use my powder. To top it all off the humidity here in Texas rarely lets anything dry all the way. I am unsure of how to clean my sponge to get the buildup off since it is attached to the powder jar. I would be disappointed if I got the powder inside moist.

The cost of the powder is worth it! I do not think I have a single negative opinion about it! For years I used a compact from covergirl, but it is no longer available in my area.
If you are looking for a setting powder that will even out your complexion, to go over your foundation, that will not make you look like a ghost, this is the finishing powder for you! It allows your natural complexion to show through and if worn over foundation, it allows the color of the foundation to come through without it looking like cake. It does not settle into fine lines or pores.
I am thrilled I did not "judge this book by the cover"! The value is perfect! I would use about one normal powder compact once every month or so and I have used my razor-sharp for about three months now and will still have enough for another several months! In the end, the razor-sharp ends up being less expensive than the compact!
AMAZING PRODUCT! EVERYONE SHOULD USE IT!

on 4/19/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great powder, awful packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This translucent finishing powder works great. Sets my foundation without looking powdery and gives on overall visually smoothing effect. I don't often do a full face, but when I do, this powder is the best at making the foundation, blush, highlight, and contour look seamless and more natural. With my brown skin, I was hesitant to try translucent powder, but this super light powder blends right in and doesn't look ashy. For reference, I have cocoa brown combination to normal skin with acne scars and hyperpigmentation. It minimizes my t-zone shine and helps my face last all day. I even use it with a little bronzer for a barefaced (looking) glow and its amazing. There's no smell and it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin or eyes. There's enough detail in the other reviews about the sponge puff thing, so I won't go into it. I removed the inner sponge layers and just dust some into the top through the puff and apply with a real techniques brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best finishing powder i've ever tried. It doesn't leave a powdery makeuppy look no matter how much you pat on and really does hide minor imperfections. The packaging looks a bit cheap, and the product is quite expensive for such a small pot, but it is a good quality powder at the end of the day, and unless I discover something better, I will probably repurchase.