Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 8/15/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the most finely milled face powder I've ever came across. I was so scared when I bought this as I'm NC45 and the shade was so light (even though it was supposed to be translucent, they usually show up with a white cast on me). But this blends into my skin like a dream.

The packaging is pretty but impracticable. I took the sponge out as recommended and put the powder in the lid. The powder is so fine, its beautiful. I set my tinted moisturizer and concealer with this. This really gives me a flawless finish that does not look as though I'm wearing a tonne of makeup. It just helps me give the illusion as though I have really great skin.

If I'd known this was so great I would have bought more. I think its discontinued but my fingers are crossed that UD bring this back on sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This translucent finishing powder works great. Sets my foundation without looking powdery and gives on overall visually smoothing effect. I don't often do a full face, but when I do, this powder is the best at making the foundation, blush, highlight, and contour look seamless and more natural. With my brown skin, I was hesitant to try translucent powder, but this super light powder blends right in and doesn't look ashy. For reference, I have cocoa brown combination to normal skin with acne scars and hyperpigmentation. It minimizes my t-zone shine and helps my face last all day. I even use it with a little bronzer for a barefaced (looking) glow and its amazing. There's no smell and it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin or eyes. There's enough detail in the other reviews about the sponge puff thing, so I won't go into it. I removed the inner sponge layers and just dust some into the top through the puff and apply with a real techniques brush.

I own both this setting powder and the MUFE HD loose powder. They perform about equally as far as I can tell in setting foundation and keeping oil at bay without giving an overly dry/powdery look. I do like the slight peachy cast of the UD Razor-sharp powder as it's a little kinder to my NC17ish skintone--I look a little less pale and washed out when I use it versus the MUFE HD powder. I don't know about it's ability to magically blur out any imperfections, but when I take care with my makeup--skin prep, priming, foundation, concealing, and then this powder--I am able to get a fairly flawless/airbrushed look. But again, I think that's more the result of good foundation/concealer application.

The reason for my ho-hum three-star review? The packaging has to be the worst idea in the history of cosmetics. What was UD thinking? The only reason I didn't return this product after observing firsthand the mind-boggling awfulness of the packaging was because I ripped the sponge applicator off the top of the jar and am able to dispense a small amount of product into the lid of an old MAC loose powder container.

Unless UD rethinks the packaging of this product, I will not be repurchasing. There are far too many other good quality setting powders out there with which I don't have to wrestle with the packaging and which cost the same or less than this.

on 2/10/2012 11:47:00 AM

Like other reviewers have mentioned the packaging sucks as the attached powder puff can't be cleaned and it deposits an uneven amount of powder on the skin. I simply removed the puff and just use the lid to swirl some product onto a brush for application.
This powder only comes in one shade and it matches my complexion (MAC NC15) beautifully. This powder has definitely amazed me as it sets my foundation and provides me with a semi-matte airbrushed look. Doesn't look cakey, powdery, and wears extremely well throughout the day. I have even started using it to set my under eye concealer and this has to be the best powder I have ever used for this task. I'm really enjoying this powder and would repurchase. I'm giving it 4/5 as the packaging isn't user friendly.

on 4/25/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I didn't like this finishing powder I found it to make me look white and cakey. I then tried it with UD Good Karma Finishing powder brush and now I couldn't be without it! The brush applies a light veil of powder and once it sets after about a minute your skin will look flawless. It minimizes my pores and mattifies my oily skin with a satin finish. Kept my make up looking fresh all day.