L.A. Colors Pressed Powder

L.A. Colors Pressed Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium), Squalane, Propylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I really like this product but the one thing I don't like about it is the packaging. The packaging has a very flimsy lid and it likes to pop off but can easily be put back together. I use this product daily as my foundation and amazing has great coverage for only 1 dollar. This lasts all day until I use a face wash to take off all of my makeup. Worth every penny, and I find that it works better than any other powder foundation I have used before from the drugstore and those are more expensive. This is truly an amazing example of quality over quantity. There is no reason to go out and buy a MAC pressed powder that is like $20 when things like this are at the drugstore for $1. Love this!

on 3/7/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Once again, I accidentally purchased this terrible product in BP 22 Tan. The color match was great for setting under eye concealer however, this powder is very powdery and does not blend very well. It is not finely milled at all. I thought that maybe purchasing a different shade will work in my favor however this powder is still horrible I do not recommend this powder. It is chalky, powdery, and does not blend very well into the skin without leaving and ashy white cast. When switched it appeared to be nice however, I was wrong. with this product I see that the second time around was not the charm and once again I wasted a few bucks on a cheaply-made product. This product is just not designed for deeper skin tones. I will not repurchase this product again.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/15/2015 10:51:00 PM

This is a good pressed powder, especially for those on a budget. This provides decent coverage, without highlighting dry areas or looking cakey. I can actually wear 2 shades, both "Beige" and "Nude", which go on lighter than they appear in the pan. Nude is more yellow undertoned, whereas Beige has more neutral to cool undertones. I have a oily t-zone and the shine control is a bit lacking for my needs, but this is still a good powder. I appreciate how slim the compact is, because I despise all the bulky powders at the drugstore these days. This has a large mirror and a pretty thin, cheap foam applicator that you can replace with a slim cotton puff (compact won't close with a thicker one). This can easily be used as a powder foundation, but can be worn over a sheer foundation or BB cream without looking too made up. All in all, worth my $1!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The rave reviews about this product are true! I picked up a compact of this powder at Dollar Tree for surprise, $1. For some reason, I really do not like using my expensive powder (NARS) with drugstore foundation, or my expensive BB Cream (also NARS) with a drugstore powder. I don't know why I do this, it's just a habit that I have.

I had started using Maybelline Fit Me! again (in a different shade and using the Matte and Poreless or whatever the foundation is called that has the teal writing on it) and couldn't bring myself to use my NARS pressed powder over it. Since I spent so much on my NARS products, I mainly use them for really nice events like weddings, funerals, certain music shows, etc. (Though I will admit, during the summer I sometimes use only my NARS powder if I'm going out on a really nice date or to an outdoor event) but I digress. I had my Fit Me!, but humidity in California has been so insane lately, I knew that my oily problem spots would cause me immense grief unless I used a powder over them.

Enter LA Colors Pressed Powder. I had originally purchased the Fit Me! Foundation in a shade that I THOUGHT would match my Fit Me! foundation (Warm Honey), but I quickly discovered that the colors for the foundation are WAY off, and the shades seem to be rather limited in my town that is devoid of melanin. I returned the foundation and set out searching for another. I do not like L'Oreal (they test on animals) and I tend to just stay away from Revlon or CoverGirl for whatever reason. I would use Wet n Wild, but something happened to my last Cover All pressed powder (I think it shattered?) and I needed a replacement.

I don't know what possessed me to pick up LA Colors Pressed Powder at the Dollar Tree. I had already read the reviews on the Dollar Tree website (I'm still flabbergasted that a dollar store has a website) so I guess it was already in my head. I selected the color Tan out of a choice of three other colors, I don't remember exactly what they were, but I picked this one specifically because it had yellow undertones. This is also why I purchased the NARS powder. I went home and used this lightly over my Fit Me! Foundation and boy was I shocked. This powder does as good of a job as my NARS does!

It goes on matte and eliminates any oily problem spots. It's colored powder, but if you apply it loosely, it goes on and looks flawless over foundation. It is soft and fine, and easy to pick up with a fluffy powder brush. I use it with my ELF Complexion Brush (I prefer to use that brush when putting on pressed powder) and so far, I really like this powder. The match is pretty good, but I prefer my NARS. In a pinch, to use over a drugstore foundation or for a purse compact, this is an excellent option. You also can't beat the $1 price tag!

The packaging is also pretty cute. My compact has a tab that is supposed to close over the mirror part (the top) but it's a chore getting the compact to actually close at all. But still, you can't beat $1.

on 9/1/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why everyone likes this powder. I tried it twice in two different colors and it left my face dull, lifeless, and flat looking. The packaging is the worst, in both cases the lid broke off on the first use. Maybe this works better on younger faces? For me it caked and highlighted wrinkles I didn't know where there. For now I'll stick to L'Oréal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really wasn't that good. Not a great finish, not long lasting. Nothing to write home about. In my opinion, sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

First, let me just say, as soon as I got this and opened it the mirror part fell off so the packaging is crappy, but what would you expect for such a low price? I wouldn't really call this just a powder but more a foundation. The coverage is VERY heavy and leaves your face looking caked. When I buy a powder in a compact I expect light coverage for touch-ups but this disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a big LA Colors fan! I find their powder to be pretty good for a buck. Much better than wnw CoverAll but I like elf's powder better. LA Colors is cruelty free which is awesome!! The "applicator" (termed loosely) that comes w this sux but I have a big old velour pouf that distributes this powder well. It seems to use up pretty fast but for a dollar I can deal. This is good for my oily skin & btw the LA Colors liquid foundation & concealer are also good! I use Nude but I am going to check out the darker colors for contour after reading the reviews here. Thx MUA!! This is your basic powder, there are better ones out there but there's worse too!! The Nude color is slightly yellow.

The press powder is not dry it is a little cream and it does not have a good pigmentation I got the shade tan to have a warm bronzed and it did nothing for me so I would recommend just to get it to set your make not for colour or anything like that and it's very afford able it's only $1.25 at the dollar tree

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the shade "cocoa" (bpp265) from Dollar General in hopes of using it as a contour shade (I am very fair so imagine the look on the checkout lady's face when I put it on the counter).
Seriously when you pay 2$ for makeup you might as well just take it to the toilet and flush, right? WRONG.

this is fucking amazing. Dare I dub thee Holy Grail material. If you are fair then finding a contour/bronzer that wont cast an orange glow is really difficult to find. I've spent tons of money at Sephora (btw, their brand bronzer is HORRIBLE) and been let down.

This powder, when applied with an angled brush (ELF brand, also 2$) looks brilliant! Like, it blends so nicely and really contours my face (I only apply on cheeks and forehead) AND it lasts all day. Like literally, I work a 10 hr day and its intact (can't say the same for my MAC blush or Sephora highlighter, ahem)

Seriously guys, its 5/5. Oh btw, I have normal skin with no breakouts/acne or sensitivity to make up, so this powder didn't cause me to break out or anything