E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara
Enter TitleStudio Mineral Infused Mascarae.l.f. Mineral Natural Volumizing MascaraStudio Mineral Infused Mascara

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

Pretty good for an every day mascara and definitely can't beat the price. The only downfall is the flaking during the day. By the end of day a lot is smeared under my eyes and I look like a raccoon. Other than that it separates and thickens my lashes without looking clumpy.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought this on a whim just to give it a shot after I ran out of my last so-so mascara.
For the price, it's great. My only real gripe with it is sometimes it manages to transfer onto my under eye area out of nowhere. I have very blonde lashes and it has really good pigmentation. Because it's not water proof, be careful not to rub at your watery eyes during the day (lesson learned). It doesn't really add any volume to my lashes, even if I use a lash curler, but it doesn't take away my volume either or make my lashes droopy. I really just use this as my 'nothing fancy' mascara and it's great for every day makeup.
My favorite part is how easy it is to take off gently. After using only waterproof kinds for so long, I was used to having to scrub at my eyes and losing some lashes in the process.
I've had my tube for about 5-6 months, and I'll probably buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Looks beautiful, flakes horribly!!! This one went in the garbage, glad it was cheap.

on 2/17/2017 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My new go-to mascara!
After hunting this down at my Target (was out of stock at my local walmart) I was excited to try this for how CHEAP it was. I made the mistake of trying Jordana extreme volume - what a nightmare (so wet, so clumpy/goopy). After first application, I was in LOVE with this. It lengthened my lashes so much - and I can apply a few coats without it looking clumpy. I love it. It isn't a volumizing mascara - but I would definitely use this for my first/second coat to lengthen, and then top with a volumizing (covergirls volumizing one). Love this, for the price - it's a steal! One thing to add, it does not keep my lashes curled, but for how well it defines and lengthens them, im ok with it.

on 1/30/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

At first I didn't think this mascara did much for my lashes. After I saw another review that said this was a tubing mascara I started to use it more often and take my time and found that it does lengthen really well. The brush shape makes it easy to get to the base of lashes. It's not a dramatic volumized false lash look but it does make the eyes look more open. It's easy to remove with water, and doesn't clump or flake. For a quick natural lengthened look this mascara is great.

i love this mascara! The thing about this mascara is that it doesn't volumize at all it only lengthens your eyelashes. But I love this mascara, i use this everyday. The brush is kind of flimsy but the price is fantastic, it is only 3.00! So i do recommend this product!

on 11/16/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My lashes are naturally long but this mascara makes it look like I have lash extensions with just one coat. I haven't tried applying multiple coats. I find that it is very lengthening but not terribly volumizing - which I like! It doesn't make my lashes brittle and removes easily with Bioderma. I'm just sad Target left Canada and I now have to order this product online. It's one of my favourite mascaras.

EDIT: I purchased this mascara a few times from Target (before they left Canada) and was very pleased but since I have started ordering it online (form Well.ca and Elf's website) the quality seems to have changed. The tubes I purchased recently do not remove easily from the lashes. I have to work quite hard with cotton pads and cotton buds soaked with eye makeup remover. Even then there is still some mascara left which comes off when I oil cleanse. My eyes sometimes feel irritated like the mascara is not fully removed even after triple cleansing the eye area and I have not had the tube open very long. Maybe they are sending out older / expired products to customers who order online?

on 6/17/2016 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pro:
Good for everyday natural looking lashes

Cons:
Takes a long time to dry
Smudges & flakes on me
First coat's good, second and third--not recommended.

I was really excited to buy this but ended up using it just thrice .

on 5/5/2016 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG, every day mascara! I have short, sparse lashes and this mascara does a great job separating, lengthening, and providing volume. It looks incredibly natural, and holds a curl very well. The brush is easy to use, and gets every lash!

Pros:
Separates, lengthens, and adds volume for a very natural look
No smudging, and holds a curl well
Brush and wand are easy to use
Price ($3!)
Cruelty-free

Cons:
None!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Not if you're allergic or chemically sensitive. After about four days of this, I have a small laceration on my lower eyelid that is allergic in origin.

This is a tubing mascara, athough it's not marketed that way. It won't smudge, and it's not irritating. I'm a sheet white person with hooded Sami eyes (think Bjork), oily skin and allergy-prone eyes that water, so it's difficult for me to find mascara that doesn't smudge over time. This is almost HG status. It does not budge. You can wear it for hours and hours without smudging, and it's o.k. for allergy-prone eyes. It washes off with hand soap and water.

Mine came without a mascara brush attached (!), so I took off one lippie. Other than that, I have no complaints.

If you're gluten-free: This is also probaby sort-of gluten-free. (About.com has a section on gluten-free makeup; their statement reads, "We cannot claim an absence of cross-contamination, but all of our ingredients are gluten-free." This is a recommended makeup line if you are celiac, according to the person who is about.com's gluten-free makeup advisor--she says she wears e.l.f. without incident.)

Personally, I'm on the fence about whether you need gluten-free eye makeup. It's not in the category of things likely to be swallowed, and Tricia Thompson's Gluten-Free Watchdog tested some makeup at some point in the past and basically said, "I wouldn't be concerned with gluten-free makeup once you read the ingredients; it's mostly refined chemicals." This does not contain hydrolyzed wheat protein or tocopherol acetate, so it's probably o.k.

Popular Mascaras