E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara
Enter TitleStudio Mineral Infused Mascarae.l.f. Mineral Natural Volumizing MascaraStudio Mineral Infused Mascara

3.9

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 12/14/2017 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It's perfect for me. It's cheap and works well. I tend to lean towards the more natural and less wet foundation formulas. It's been a long road of trial and error and I really like this one. It separates and lengthens like a dream. Clumps are minimal and my lashes hold a curl!

on 12/13/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this searching for a cruelty free brand that wasn’t $30 a tube. I saw good reviews but apparently that’s the old formula. I don’t like this mascara at all. It’s very wet and adds length but does so by clumping my lashes together. Gives Zero separation. Adds NO volume. Prone to clumps. And the flakes! By the end of day I’ve got pieces under mg eyes. And God forbid you workout or do anything physical with this one, you’ll be left with one big stuck together eyelash. I’m unimpressed and would never repurchase. I liked the tube packaging and brush. The brush was a thinner nylon type that really lets you get close to the lash line.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was THE best mascara. Cheap AND the best. How often does that happen? Over the years, I've used many expensive brands, some of which were way worse than this. I want to only use cruelty free, and I was thrilled to find E.L.F., and especially thrilled with this mascara. Well, now they've changed it and it is beyond horrible. Why why why!!!??

on 10/16/2017 2:34:00 AM

This product is now essentially discontinued, much to my dismay (and probably others). I've used this mascara for 5 years or so now, but it's time to find a new HG. As of 2017, this mascara now comes in a new formula. This formula change took a mascara that once was not too wet and not too dry and turned it into a wet, gooey mess. It is truly mystifying that they thought this resinous paste was acceptable for mascara, nevermind being worthy of replacing a great formula. The brush is also different, no longer a silicone rubber brush that was great for an even application of product and separating the lashes. Now, it is a more typical nylon bristle brush that unfortunately promotes further clumping. At least the price hasn't gone up, although if you factor in how horrible this stuff is, $3 is still too much. - 1 point for clumpy, heavy formula, - 1 point for poor brush.

on 9/29/2017 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I enjoy the way it looks initially, very natural, but it clumps up and smudges incredibly easily. Flakes throughout the day too :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I could give this a 3.5 I would. It's a good mascara, but not anything special in my opinion. I do think this is a great option if you don't want to spend a ton on a mascara though, it separates the lashes nicely and makes them look a bit longer. It doesn't add too much volume which is a minus for me (but that's mostly a personal preference). It can take some time to remove if you're using an eye makeup remover but an oil clenaser gets it off easily.

on 8/11/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

*** Note! If you are looking for ELF mineral mascara in the old formula - check around at local smaller stores that carry ELF products (like Dollar General, some walgreens/cvs..gas stations etc..) I was able to find a full stock of the old formula at my local campus convenience store! They happened to have a little turning ELF display full of products and sure enough - there was a whole rack of mineral mascaras! I grabbed 2 and am debating on going back to grab 2 more just to keep on hand until ELF possibly reformulates this back (I wish), which is the only way I'd repurchase. ****

Edit: I deleted my review so that I could update this -- as of 7/2017 - elf reformulated this mascara (all their mascaras) with a new formula (possibly in June 2017). Most of the positive reviews for this mascara on the ELF website and on here are for the original formula with the wand that bends a bit? The new formula has Kaolin and Zinc Oxide in it (at the bottom of the ingredients list). If you are looking at a tube in store - that's how you can tell. They also have stamped all the new mascaras with "NEW FORMULA".

The new formula (if you read on ELF) is horrible. The brush is thick and clumps the mascara, and it is nothing like the original . Its thick and gloopy, just like the Jordana mascara and instead of separating and lengthening, this new formula just globs the mascara on and makes my lashes clump together. It also smears horribly when trying to remove. I've found it harder to get off my lashes and if any is left after washing my face, it just smears everywhere. I literally used the old formula the day before I bought this new formula, its like night and day.

I did find that I can use this new formulation ONLY if I completely wipe off the mascara wand every time with a kleenex and then apply it with a LIGHT HAND. If I don't do this - it just makes my lashes clump and stick together. It's just too wet of a formula and the wand doesn't apply it well.
----------------
OLD FORMULA WITHOUT KAOLIN /ZINC OXIDE - My new go-to mascara! 2/2017
After hunting this down at my Target (was out of stock at my local walmart) I was excited to try this for how CHEAP it was. I made the mistake of trying Jordana extreme volume - what a nightmare (so wet, so clumpy/goopy). After first application, I was in LOVE with this. It lengthened my lashes so much - and I can apply a few coats without it looking clumpy. I love it. It isn't a volumizing mascara - but I would definitely use this for my first/second coat to lengthen, and then top with a volumizing (covergirls volumizing one). Love this, for the price - it's a steal! One thing to add, it does not keep my lashes curled, but for how well it defines and lengthens them, im ok with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this when I couldn't buy my favorite Jordana mascara because it was sold out, and I couldn't wait for restock. Pleasantly surprised: Formula the right consistency, not too wet and gloopy, and definitely not too dry. Held a curl without it getting uber crispy on me and gave my lashes the oomph I needed, plus no transfer or flaking. My only gripe is I felt that the wand would bend or break if I pulled it out too hard. (that's what she said) *ahem* Anyway, I suppose that's what happens with a $3 mascara, but I don't mind it for the price. This is not necessarily my HG, but an excellent backup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is a flop from ELF.
My main issue with the mascara is the flaking. Throughout the day I would do check ins and I noticed the little flakes around my undereye and eyelid. It wasn't cute.
THe price was good and the natural look of the mascara is what I wanted but I'm never going to wear it with those gross flakes.

One of my favourite mascaras! The brush is easy to use and it makes your lashes look very long. The mascara smudges a bit underneath my eyes if I use it on my lower lashes. Also extremely cheap!