Merle Norman Powder Base

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.4

Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Fragrance (Parfum), Lecithin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Talc, Sodium Borate 120905

It's basically a colored zinc oxide! You put it on a baby's bottom to prevent and heal diaper rash. Why not on your face? It is also a great sunscreen. There are no other foundations that I know of that are actually good for your skin. A frequently read comment is that the writer knows an elderly woman who has used this product all her life and has beautiful skin. There's a reason for that! I obviously love this product. I have tried many others but always come back to this. It is great for Rosecea! It calms the skin and covers the redness. It is less expensive than most foundations even others in the MN line. And it is made in the US!!! For some reason, most SA don't "push" this product so you may have to ask for it specifically.
I apply it with a damp sponge--no streaks.
I am sorry to say that my latest purchase of Powderbase does not have the same smell. It is still pleasant but much diminished. I loved the old fragrance more. I guess that too many people found it to be too strong. Oh well, at least they are listening to the customer!

I am 50 years old and have been using select Merle Norman products, since I was 12 years old. (I have used Merle Norman "cold cream" every night for 38 years and it shows.) I have rosacea and Merle Norman Powder Base is the ONLY thing that I can put on my skin, when it flairs. I do use Chanels' Lingerie de Peau when all is well but I always have powder base on hand. Great Product!!! Very healing and great coverage...

I am 55 years old and been wearing powder base since I was 15 years old. Only thing available in my small rural town. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. My Mother who is 76 has used it all her adult life and her skin is like a babies. It's because of this simple formula with zinc oxide, no other explanation for it. Oh yes I strayed over the years and tried different "new" products but not for long I always come back to this. I use a sponge wedge (MN brand) and blend a thin layer then finish off with the sheer face powder (big pearl container gold lid) and it lasts until I take it off. Summer months I finish it off with Luxiva Powder Foundation. It's ironclad! Morbid I know but I have told the local undertaker it better be on my face when I am laid to rest!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in Ivory and it was too dark! Which is weird cause I have other MN foundations in Ivory that match. So idk whats going on with that. I guess full coverage works for some people but it just doesn't for me.. I feel like its too cakey. I don't really llike anything about it.

I love the translucent powder. I've had mine (the big pearl pink container) for years and I use it all the time! It is truly the best for concealing dark circles. Use your concealer like usual, load this powder on a small brush and then gently wipe away with a fluffy brush. Voila!! It matches every skin tone....my HG loose powder!

When I was very young, I loved the smell of this stuff...but now I agree with the previous reviewers...Aunt Bertha! And how! It has a medicinal, spicey cinnamon smell...but this stuff is excellent for protection and coverage. I use it as a sunblock. I also apply it with water...taking my finger with the foundation and adding a few drops of water from the faucet. This foundation will just seal in the moisture and the foundation goes on like silk. I use this method and pat the foundation under my eyes with my ring finger. A very flawless look.

I have used Merle Norman Powder base since I was 15, I am going on 40! Every once in a while I decide to try some hot new product but I always return to the Powder base. I have a very difficult time finding foundation in my skin color, I have very light porcelain skin and this base is perfect for my skin tone. Several years ago the Merle Norman stores in my city stopped carrying my color, I drive 30 miles to get it! The zinc oxide is great for sun protection and the ultra creaminess of the foundation keeps my skin soft and young looking. I love this foundation!

i have used this product and REALLY liked it. the coverage is amazing on my 45 year old dark circles and uneven skin tone. it does tend to feel heavy but i felt that it was well worth it for the coverage. my main gripe with this product that would prevent me from buying it again is the smell! i tried and tried to not let this bother me but this foundation smells like someones great aunt bertha! if only they would update the fragrance on this product i would use it all the time. maybe others will not find it objectionable and merle norman does give samples so you can try it out first, but if you have any men in your life beware-i have been told its like kissing your grandmother! ;)