Merle Norman Powder Base

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.3

Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Fragrance (Parfum), Lecithin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Talc, Sodium Borate 120905

I love the translucent powder. I've had mine (the big pearl pink container) for years and I use it all the time! It is truly the best for concealing dark circles. Use your concealer like usual, load this powder on a small brush and then gently wipe away with a fluffy brush. Voila!! It matches every skin tone....my HG loose powder!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had the displeasure of trying this on my last trip to Merle Norman. I envy those who say their local SA's are nice and helpful. MINE, on the other hand, are pushy, "older" and think they know more about my skin than I do. I stopped in for a "quick" purchase (yeah, we all know how those go). I was going to go one shade darker in the Luxiva Ultra Powder foundation. I've been using Ultra Fair, the lightest shade, and heard that "Cameo" was more yellow-toned. Well, it's not. It's pink like every other MN foundation there is. So, my beloved Luxiva powder is no longer in the picture. I'd heard great things about the Luxiva Lasting liquid, so I asked about it. The SA gave me that "Tsk, tsk" look and said the Powder Base would be better for me. She whipped out this thick cream and applied it to my face with a foundation brush and I almost gagged. I thought my luxiva powder was strong, but THIS stuff smells like Foundation Eau de Toilette! It was also VERY heavy and thick. It did cover nicely, but it felt horrible on my skin. To make matters worse, my skin developed some huge cysts within an HOUR of application. And the SA said the Zinc Oxide in this would actually HELP with irritation!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the coverage of this foundation. It is excellent if you like a very heavy coverage; However, why oh why does it have to dry as a powder? Once it dries it settles into every line and crease on your face. Its horrible. Too bad it doesn't have a dewy finish. And the color selection is HORRIBLE. everything is too orange or too pink!