E.L.F. Studio Concealer

E.L.F. Studio Concealer

2.1

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really like this product. I bought it a long time ago and never got around to using it because I don't really like stick concealers. I decided to purchase it tho, because it is easy to travel with and is super cheap.

It's too thick for undereye, but the colour would be much better for under eye than an all over concealer. I had to double check on the elf website that it is for use all over, and not just undereye! It's very peach/salmony, even tho I purchased ivory.

After blending it does do a good job of covering acne up, but it doesn't last all day. You can see a switch of this around the 2 minute mark:

It looks like my Walmart quit carrying NYC products and their concealer stick is my holy grail, so I picked this one up instead because ELF has a good reputation.

Oh, hell no. This stick comes out to be an orange-red tone. Not only does it not match my skin even a little bit, I don't see how it's going to make my reddish undereye circles any better. Complete waste of money, unless you happen to like the fake orange tan look.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Greasy and creasy and gross.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Good price
- Decent Packaging

Cons:
- Extremely cakey
- Oompa Loompa shade
- No coverage
- Hard to blend

I love E.L.F because of their high quality-low price gems you can find..... Unfortunately this was not one of those products. It was pretty bad.

on 12/21/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this like I would use red lipstick for under eye circles. I dab it on then blend. I never wear it alone, always other product over it. It just cancels out the dark under circles and makes for a good base for other product. Never use alone, it is very peachy.

I bought this concealer thinking it would be great for covering my dark circles, it was creamy, a stick, and it was a peachy tone, and so I purchased it. First of all, I was afraid to use it, because I thought I would break the stick! It looked cool, but the concealer just didn't do much for me. I'm kind of wishing I would have not purchased it! I give it a thumbs down!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got the ivory shade and it is really dark but i mainly use concealer under my eyes since i have bad dark circles. I do like it, its not like a HG product for me but it does work pretty nice to cover up my dark circles and the price isnt bad. I will most likely buy it again unless i find ad different concealer by than. I say its worth a shot.

on 10/27/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use this product for dark circles and I think it's great for that. I bought the fairest shade I could find and it does have a bit of an orange tone to it, and the coverage isn't great for blemishes. But when it comes to blending out skin tone, dark spots, and general redness, it works very well!

Pros:
- I love the texture. It's very creamy and blends easily. I don't have to pull at my skin to blend it, which is great for the sensitive under eye area.
- Doesn't seem to crease.
- The color stays on well and doesn't fade.
- I like the tube applicator.
- The price!

Cons:
- I've bought this twice, and the first time the concealer detached from the bottom of the tube. It was kind of like when you roll a lipstick up too much and it falls out of the case, except I didn't roll the concealer up very far and this still happened.
- I'm not sure how it would work for very oily skin. My under eye area is normal to dry so the creaminess didn't bother me at all, but keep this in mind if your skin is different.

Bottom line: ELF is pretty hit-or-miss for me, but I like this product and I'll continue to purchase it for dark circles.

on 7/7/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with many. I bought the shade ivory and it is super dark. They need more shades ranges. Also, it works best to cover acne/scars rather than circles/eye bags. I do like the texture, not too hard, sort of creamy. I expected much better from elf especially since it's their studio line that has the best products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's an orangey shade no matter how you do it and doesn't stay for very long at all. It's cakey and kinda gross and doesn't cover much but a baby blemish and if you have only those go right ahead but overall, this product isnt worth buying.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

CONCEALER FACE OFF | HIGH END VS LOW END | MAYBELLINE, MAKE UP FOREVER, VICHY, ELF by Corrie Side