Living Proof Full Thickening Cream

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream
Full Thickening Cream

3.3

All sizes contain: Water/Eau/Aqua, Poly Beta Amino Ester-1, Fragrance/Parfum, Polyacrylate-13, Myristyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Polyisobutene, Oleth-10, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Methylisothiazolinone, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Geraniol.

on 1/28/2017 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really does add fullness to my hair.
I have very fine and sparse hair which is prone to oiliness. This stuff really does add thickness and body to my hair. A little goes a long way with this stuff- too much really brings out the negative aspects of this stuff.
And there are a few! First, I find this makes my hair a bit oilier and will decrease my wash times by a day or so. Also, makes my hair somewhat dull and sticky (read: harder to brush). So- use with a light hand!
I squeeze out a little dollop, rub it over my hands and massage from my scalp downwards.
Another gripe: the bottle is made from rather stiff plastic so getting the last bits out is difficult. Not a deal breaker, but I wish they'd change the packaging to a tub or something.
So, if you have fine hair and want thick tresses, then this is a must-have.
Worth buying a sample size to try it first.

on 3/11/2016 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream really does add some nice volume and I'm surprised my hair looked so full after letting it air dry and then sleeping on it. Although it didn't look any thicker, it was voluminous and full of body and bounce and I couldn't be happier with the results. I used about a quarter size dollop for my shoulder length layered lob, which must have been the perfect amount. This cream isn't heavy or sticky and it definitely didn't weigh my hair down the least little bit, which makes it a good option for fine hair too. I'm trying to style my hair without heat as much as possible and this cream along with the LP Root Lifting Spray makes my hair look awesome and heat totally unnecessary. I was unsure whether I would like this cream, mainly because I love the No Frizz styling spray, which is designed to be used with heat and great when I use a curling iron but ineffective if I'm trying to style without using any heat. But with this cream, my hair is still frizz free and looks amazing. I definitely recommend it. If you want volume and body, this cream will work great for you.

on 2/7/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I noticed a subtle difference in thickness immediately after using this product but as the day went on I noticed my hair became a lot greasier then normal and especially the morning after my hair was extremely greasy. I've used it a few times since and exact same thing happens, it makes my hair very greasy. Definitely wont be purchasing/using this one again. Since then I have started using the AG thickening lotion and it is much better!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this cream as I have very limp fine hair and am always trying to get more volume from roots to ends. This product was OK, it made some difference, and certainly didn't dry my hair out, but it didn't really have a noticable effect- especially for the price. It does smell nice, and feel nice. I don't think I'll ever buy it again, unless I found it on super special.

This product is awesome. Makes hair bouncy, adds volume and leaves your hair soft and manageable. Living Proof has great products. Try the one that works best for your hair and you will like th results.

on 1/27/2015 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first thickening product that has ever really worked for me. It has transformed my hair. I no longer have that uber thin looking winter hair. I have thin, fine, naturally curly 2c 3a hair. This give me volume without the "mushroom top" fullness. It is manageable and shiny with a very touchable hold. Love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is such a rubbish product! I went to Sephora looking for something that will give me volume and the SA recommended this product. She said to rub it into my scalp and work outwards towards the end of the strand of the hair. I did that and tried several other ways too but nothing worked. It actually made my hair super greasy within a day of washing which totally defeated the purpose of buying this. It weighed my hair down, made it flat looking and oily/greasy. It's not worth the money at all.

I have fine hair and always am looking for something to provide more body to hold a style. I tried this, but I didn't find that it worked any better than my current combo of Aveda style prep for volume and Tigi Superstar. And I could smell the fragrance all day. It's not bad, but it's way too strong. Back to Ulta it went.

on 5/5/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im torn!
I def think it gave my hair volume...wish it helped with the condition/softness
After blow drying and using a little heat my hair was def thicker/fuller but I had to use a little argan oil etc because of some dryness
I also think though the bottle will last, it is $$ for the amount you get

on 4/29/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

IT WORKS!!!!
FIrst, let me start my saying - my hair is not in it's usual 'texture' - as I had it DESTROYED by an at-home bleach job (my fault), and then stupidly, at a salon a year later. My poor hair is having a bad year!! So - I literally have tried every protein treatment, deep conditioner, etc., etc., to try and repair my hair. Although I've gotten a few results, let me tell you, the best result I have gotten out of any product (and lately - I've tried A LOT), is this!! It's not going to "volumize" your hair - it's going to add weight and texture. My biggest problem after bleaching, was that it 'thinned' my strands - they were getting tangly, ends were snaring everywhere, and this product does that it says - it thickened my hair. PERFECT!! My hair needed some extra 'weight' to help it hang and lay properly.

No, this is not going to pump up your roots to give you texas beauty queen hair (that's what mousse is for) - but this product does exactly.what.it.says - it THICKENS!!

The only thing I can`t report on, is if the hair gets used to this product - the results were so amazing the first time, I posted on it, so hoping I get the same results the next time I use it!

Popular Styling Products