Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

For me, this is basically an eyeshadow palette that doubles as a gorgeous, shimmery top coat I apply over blushes. There are five separate strips, two of them have a pinkish tint, two are more on the orange side and one strip is an interesting yellow-violet duochrome. Mixed together you get a very pretty coral shade. So far I haven't found a shimmery coral eyeshadow I find as appealing and summery as this. As a cheek product (always in combination with a blush), I must admit I rarely wear it because I'm usually very pale and find it to be much more flattering on tan or naturally darker skin.

In terms of longevity, I get 12+ hours of wear out of this, which is what I expect of all my high end eyeshadows. However, I do always wear a primer and don't have overly oily eyelids.
If I happen to have a bit of a tan and wear it on my cheeks, the wear time is much, much shorter. Cheek products generally don't last very long on my skin because I prefer a dewy look and therefore never set my foundation with powder. I didn't notice any difference to other good quality cheek products, though.

This product sure is pricey, there's no denying it. However, you do get 10.3 grams of product, which equals two average sized blushes or five eyeshadows. If you love fresh, summery coral eyeshadows, this may be a product for you. I personally adore it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I wanted this for my birthday last November. I wanted it becuase it seemed as a cool multi use product. For eyes it works all right shimmery but sheer. For cheeks it is very shimmery and bit frosty. You dont really get a lot of color. It does not look super flattering when I look at my skin closely but it looks nice from the distance. It also has a very poor lasting power. I probably will not repurchse. I am not amazed.

on 4/8/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this mainly because I thought it pretty and wanted to try it out. I used this after contouring for a bit of blush, I liked how shimmery it looked and it was almost like highlight. Apart from that it was an ordinary product I didn't think there was anything outstanding about. There is a drugstore product from 17 that is exactly like this product and i will defiantly be going back to it instead of buying this one again.

on 4/8/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

More of a blush topper for me in the summertime, a little too pigmented to be a highlighter. Still very pretty, just not a must-have.

on 6/17/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love peachy shades on the cheeks, I think it compliments yellow undertones really well. When I put this on my cheekbones, after contouring, it gives a glow. kind of like a lit from within kind of thing, I mean you can still see the product, but you just look healthier. I don't apply blusher with it because I think it gives enough colour. This is the perfect blush/highlight for summer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great on me as a NC30-35 (depending on season) skintone with a warm undertone and yellow-ish skin. It applies great and looks beautiful. It makes me glow. For those who don't like shimmer, I wouldn't recommend this as it's quite noticeable. It's a little pricey and that makes me kind pretty sad, but they last fairly long. I love it and would buy again if I could splurge.

on 2/15/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Nectar & I use it as my everyday blush. I am an NC25, fair w/ yellow undertones, blonde, blue-green eyes & this looks very natural yet gives a pop of color. It's very buildable. I'm not a fan of these particular colors on my eyes so I don't normally use as an eye shadow but I gave it a try once & it worked well. I also have dusted over my temples & chin in the Summer for an all over glow. Since I am pretty fair, I find that this works best for me as a blush. It's too shimmery & obvious on my skintone to use as a believable "glow". I liked this so much that I suggested to my sister that she HAD to pick one up for herself. She's similar skintone w/ brown hair & dark, chocolate brown eyes & she also loves this. It is expensive but last forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a complete impulse buy for me. I was in a Blue Mercury and was attracted to the colors. I swatched it and immediately feel in love. I have used this as a highlighter and used one of the strips as an eyeshadow. With UDPP primer, it actually lasted the whole day and looked great as an eyeshadow. As highlighter, it is so pretty!! My advice would be to make use you use a fluffy brush that won't pick up a ton of product when you use this as a highlighter as you are in danger of too much shimmer otherwise. I can see very pale gals being able to use this as a blush, but for me as a yellow toned NC20-25 (half asian), its a golden pinky corally highlighter.

on 11/2/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great highlighter. The colors are so gorgeous and looks amazing on my NC42 skintone. I've had this for a very long time and still have a lot left, so a little definitely goes a long way. Expensive, but definitely worth it!

on 6/23/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not very clued up on the whole highlighter front but as far as this one goes it's pretty damn good! Its somewhat on the pricey side however it does give an instant glow to the face. I can really use it on it's own on my nc35 skin as I do feel it doesn't show its varied corals and pinks properly(lighter skin tones defo could) but once used with a bit of blusher it's lovely! I normally dip my blusher stick into my blusher then give it a slight whirl around the shimmer brick and then apply. It isn't silvery or powdery but instead applies a subtle but lovely pinky lilalcy peachy sheen to the cheeks. The White in the palette is amazing to highlight the brow bone or the inner corner of the lid! Overall a very pleasant and versatile tool to have in the kit!