Maybelline Color Sensational in Sandstone Shimmer #205

4.5

on 8/22/2013 11:39:00 AM

amazing!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Really nice lipgloss - gives a lovely shine to my lips, plus it has just the right amount of colour to enhance a nice and natural look. Love love love!

I really like this lip gloss. It's a nice nude. I am very pale, and this works well on me. However, if you want a true nude lip, you're going to have use lipstick/liner first as this won't totally cover your natural lip color. For some people this wouldn't be an issue, but my lips are usually bright pink, so with only this gloss, they don't look totally nude. I like the consistency; the shimmer is nice (definitely not glittery), and it's a very smooth application.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This a pretty light golden peachy colour in the tube but it applies super sheer on my lips. There is no colour pay-off on me and is more like a clear shimmery gloss that I like to wear over nude lipsticks. The shimmer is nice, not gritty and overall, the texture of this lip-gloss isn't sticky. Has a nice smell too.

on 9/28/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a true nude gloss and I finally found it! The consistency of this gloss is a little thicker than Revlon's glosses, but it still goes on nicely (albeit with a few more brush strokes). It has a noticeable, light scent that kind of reminds me of grapefruit or something citrusy, which was a nice touch. Also, this nude is quite pale on light and warm-colored skin, and it goes great by itself or over matte lipstick for a lovely shine. (It really makes the perfect nude lips when combined with lipstick!)

Also, like people have already said, the really thin tube design also makes it easy to carry around. This gloss was a fantastic (and cheap, only around US $6) find!

on 8/17/2010 2:53:00 AM

I bought this product today and it is awesome! I love the formula because it isnt sticky like alot of others. It was well worth my 8$ I am surprised that I actually got such a brownish color seeing as I usually got for pinks but this one looks great on top of a lipstick and by itself, I wish I had every color now! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My new favorite gloss. I have to say that I've strayed from glosses in favor of lipsticks as of late; I can't remember the last time I actually bought gloss. This one jumped out at me, though, and since I've loved everything else I've purchased from the CS line, I decided to give it a whirl. I love it! It has everything I want in lipgloss: it's not sticky, not thick, not over-the-top shiny. It reminds me of my beloved DC Neutrogena MoistureShine glosses. It pales out my lip color just enough so that my eyes can be the focus, but it's sheer enough that I don't look dead. It feels awesome on my lips... so nice and smooth. Bonus: it smells like a creamsicle!
I found this for 5 dollars at my local mass market retailer. At this price, I'm definitely buying more.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this colour and formula of the lip gloss itself. Doesn't dry out my lips. It is a light pink/peach colour that goes on a bit see through, very lovely. The packaging has nothing along the body of the tube though and the clear sticker on the bottom is very tiny so it is hard to remember names and that if you've owned it for awhile.

on 2/7/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this lipgloss! The packaging is sort of plain but the product in it is great. It's a peachy nude color with a little shimmer. Not sticky. Looks good on top of Revlon colorburst lipstick in soft nude. It rocks!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was my first and absolute favorite CS l/g. Its a beautiful shimmery nude with peachy undertones. It looks fabulous by itself for a subtle lip. I sometimes pair w/t a pink l/l for a nude lip that looks sexy not zomby-ish...a problem I have with my olive skin sometimes. It smells citrus-y, like grapefruit upon application, but then the smell disappears. The texture is not too sticky and goes on smoothly. I also like the slim container because it fits easily into a small purse.