Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer
Super Stay 24 Hour ConcealerSuper Stay 24 Hour ConcealerMaybelline concealerSuper Stay 24 Hour ConcealerSuper Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY HG CONCEALER!

This concealer originally belonged to my older sister who has much, much darker skin than myself. The concealer colour is light beige (2) , and I'm a porcelain/ivory girl to the bone!

However, I stole this concealer when my Maybelline Fit me ran out - and I have never looked back!

The colour may look a little darker, but it blends in seamlessly with a brush or beauty blender.

It's thick and creamy and perfect for covering up acne blemishes!!

I would use the lighter colour under my eyes though, but I literally cannot fault this concealer!

on 4/8/2017 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The worst concealer ever!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I initially hated this and couldn't believe that Maybelline would put out such an awful product. My go-to concealer is the Nars creamy, but I forgot to pack it on a vacation and decided to head to the nearest supermarket near my hotel to get a substitute. It was the summer holidays so I thought the Superstay was the most appropriate as I was going to be outdoors and sweating quite a bit. First day I tried it on my undereye circles and some redness near my mouth and it was a disaster! I had to wash it all off and re-do my entire face and skip concealer because of how badly it creased and caked. I thought it was the most ridiculous product ever and was determined to throw it in the bin. However, I decided to give it another chance a few days after as I was invited to a party and I really wanted to do a flawless-face makeup look. I used a wet sponge this time and started blending immediately after the product hit my skin (you need to be really fast!). Surprisingly, it worked perfectly. My undereye area looked really bright and porcelain-smooth and I was surprised by how good the finish was when blended quickly with a wet tool. Even more, I was surprised at how well it held up after a very very long, humid night at an outdoor party. I'm convinced I could wear this through a session at the gym. I'm not overly-thrilled by the shade selection and I think the shades all lean overly towards the pinkish. I use a yellow-based setting powder over this though, so this wasn't too much of an issue. However, I will probably only use this exclusively as an undereye concealer and not as a spot-corrector, as the undertone just seems too off. Overall, this won't replace my Nars, but it is a great product to have as back-up. You need to work at your application technique, but given how inexpensive it is, and how great the pay-off was, I felt it was worth the learning curve. Just remember to blend it in as soon as it hits your face. Work on one section at a time, and NEVER EVER let it sit on your skin for more than a few seconds. Once it dries up, it is impossible to work with and you'll probably have to use make-up remover to get rid of it and start over. Dryer skins probably should stay away completely though. And I probably will not use this in colder, dryer weather either. But if you have greasy skin like me and need an inexpensive concealer for the summer or hot, humid weather, then you might want to try this.

on 1/16/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I found this product quite good in price range, and i thought it was a really nice concealer by swatching the product on the back of my hand, but it dry way to fast, and when on the face and while blending it is very hard to blend because of how fast it drys!!

on 1/9/2017 5:25:00 AM

I bought this concealer after swatching it on my wrist at the chemist and thought that it would be perfect! Only to get home and find that it was A LOT pinker than first appeared...I do actually like the way it perks up the darkness of my under eyes, and it covers blemishes pretty well, but the formula is far too thick and I find that it leaves my skin looking very cakey. It also has to be worked in very quickly after being put on otherwise it is simply impossible to blend in. The smallest little bit goes a long way, but using too much will leave the skin pretty orange and feeling quite heavy...

The price is quite good, which is why I'm not too stressed by the likelihood that I won't end up using it all. The packaging is quite basic but not in a negative way. The applicator is quite small which is good, as I don't like to use too much as stated earlier.

Comes in very light shades, pale enough to match my super fair skin (I'm a redhead). The reason I love this concealer so much is because it doesn't clog my pores (very rare with my sensitive skin), and doesnt rub off. In fact, for those who go to a gym to workout, as well as athletes, can rest assured that this is one of the very few concealers that will not disintegrate the moment you start sweating.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you have dry skin, my friend, I recommend you start looking for another product. This thing made me look flaky as heck, it creased like crazy and was a bit hard to blend even with a wet sponge. I got this product just because I ran out of concealer and needed something asap. Buy this if you have french fry skin (Oily) and have blending skills faster than the flash.

on 6/9/2016 11:51:00 AM

Unlike the Fit Me concealer, this one has a pinky/rosy undertone I'd say, so it's great for people that don't have yellow toned skin. However, there's one huge downside to this product which is why I won't recommend it or buy it again: you can't blend it out. It says 'Super Stay 24 Hour' and that's exactly what it does. This product Will. Not. Move. At all. Meaning that if you apply this on your face and you use your beautyblender 1.5 seconds afterwards to blend the product out, it won't blend! So you end up with patches on your face where you applied this product: you can see exactly where you put your concealer and where there's only foundation. Furthermore the product is quite thick and tends to crease on me. This is such a bummer because if it hadn't been so difficult to blend out, this concealer would be perfect for people with acne prone skin, since it covers up blemishes really well and won't move, even if you touch your face. Anyway, since the formula is as it is right now, I don't recommend you wasting your money on this.

on 5/27/2016 5:20:00 PM

I really liked this concealer it blended nicely and great coverage as well as lasting the whole day. Despite this it does slightly crack under the eye and doesn't look as good as luxury products. In terms of concealing problem areas however it works just as well. It also affected how good my liquid highlighter looked when I used the concealer to brighten under my eye which wasn't good. I think I'll keep it for concealing blemishes but get something else for under my eye.

on 5/19/2016 7:49:00 PM

i think that this version is dc bc they came out with a newer one called super stay better skin. but this is a pretty good concealer, i like the consistency of it, not too thick. also has a good color match for me. the tube that i have is now used to hide my natural lip color in order to wear nude lipsticks. although this trick works, I very rarely do so bc my particular skin tone and super pigmented lips cannot wear flesh-toned lipstick bc i look ghostly :(