Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/9/2016 11:51:00 AM

Unlike the Fit Me concealer, this one has a pinky/rosy undertone I'd say, so it's great for people that don't have yellow toned skin. However, there's one huge downside to this product which is why I won't recommend it or buy it again: you can't blend it out. It says 'Super Stay 24 Hour' and that's exactly what it does. This product Will. Not. Move. At all. Meaning that if you apply this on your face and you use your beautyblender 1.5 seconds afterwards to blend the product out, it won't blend! So you end up with patches on your face where you applied this product: you can see exactly where you put your concealer and where there's only foundation. Furthermore the product is quite thick and tends to crease on me. This is such a bummer because if it hadn't been so difficult to blend out, this concealer would be perfect for people with acne prone skin, since it covers up blemishes really well and won't move, even if you touch your face. Anyway, since the formula is as it is right now, I don't recommend you wasting your money on this.

on 5/27/2016 5:20:00 PM

I really liked this concealer it blended nicely and great coverage as well as lasting the whole day. Despite this it does slightly crack under the eye and doesn't look as good as luxury products. In terms of concealing problem areas however it works just as well. It also affected how good my liquid highlighter looked when I used the concealer to brighten under my eye which wasn't good. I think I'll keep it for concealing blemishes but get something else for under my eye.

To Read all 313 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/19/2016 7:49:00 PM

i think that this version is dc bc they came out with a newer one called super stay better skin. but this is a pretty good concealer, i like the consistency of it, not too thick. also has a good color match for me. the tube that i have is now used to hide my natural lip color in order to wear nude lipsticks. although this trick works, I very rarely do so bc my particular skin tone and super pigmented lips cannot wear flesh-toned lipstick bc i look ghostly :(

This is the worst concealer ever!! >.< It DOES NOT hide my acnes at all!! If anything, it only highlighted them. I don't know what the formula is but it is super drying and stays in the fine lines of your face which is not pretty at all! Once you put it on, it turns 1 shade lighter than your natural skin tone too. :///

I would never buy this product again, and so should you.

on 4/21/2016 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I am a makeup snob believing the more you pay the better the product. I know this is not true and have had many good finds in the ordinary Kmart, chemists shop brands. I bought this because it was a great match for my skin tone.

This product has both great and terrible reviews. Which is a bit odd.

I scurried to read the reviews when I found the consistency and blend ability of this concealer too weird. On my first application without moisturiser this had dried to a sticky consistency in seconds, not at all appropriate for a concealer.

I had a good look at the tube under a very bright light and I think I bought old stock as the colour on the bottom was very, slightly more pink. So I turned it upside down and shook it around over a few hours and tried it again over moisturiser. Much, much better, easy to apply and blend with a dabbing motion.

Another reviewer mentioned this is also a great eye makeup primer and I have to agree it definitely is. I have oily lids and this worked really well on my lids with my makeup lasting through the humidity of a hot busy day in the tropics.

This is a great find as it does wear really well and didn't give my sensitive skin any problems.
I think many of the negative reviews may be related to the separating of the formula in the tube. So shake it up, roll it around and have another go on moisturised skin, if you are having problems with it being dry and hard to blend.

I generally use lancome, estee lauder or armani concealers. However, after running out and not having time to repurchase at a dept store, i picked this up at the local supermarket and haven't looked back. If i'm not going to work, i try to get away with some concealer, bronzer and mascara - i can do that with this no problem. Although i could have picked a slightly lighter colour, this works well and does what it intends. While i rely on more expensive foundations for their colour match and texture, this complements them nicely and stays put all day.

I think because Maybelline recycles a lot of their products and markets them under different names,this has now become Superstay Better Skin concealer.
This review is obviously for the original.
This was not sweat proof,nor even transfer proof. The texture was thick and the blend ability poor. It did a fair job of covering.
The revamped version,which I have already reviewed is much better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this concealer alone anywhere I have redness/acne (so basically my entire face), and I set it with a light powder. My skin is super oily, generally by 10 am I have to wipe my face to clear the oil spill!
This concealer lasts okay for me, it doesn't transfer but by the time my face gets really oily (about midday) it would need a reapplication and if I touch my face I get a little product on my finger. Sometimes it goes patchy in places and I would have to blend it around a bit with my finger. It does have the tendency to go cakey over scabs/flaky skin, but honestly what product doesn't?
Overall this concealer is nice but I wouldn't buy it again purely because I feel a powder would work better for controlling my oily skin, and it's quite expensive (at least in NZ) for what you get in the tube.

on 1/18/2016 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It was my first time purchasing a concealer, I had heard good reviews about the Maybelline FIT me concealer but when I went in to buy it they were out of stock so I thought, if that one is good so will this one be.

I regret buying it, I don't like this product at all.
I have combination skin, I bought one that was my exact skin tone, my first 2 or 3 tries I was loving it, it covered everything perfectly and didn't crease (I apply it on breakouts and my under eye circles) but after a while the consistency became really thick and hard to blend, it started creasing horribly and leaving blotchy marks, or just wearing away during the day. I set it with translucent powder, I found that putting a thick coat of the powder and leaving it for a few minutes (baking) then brushing it away tend to set it best but if it even gets slightly humid it starts to crease and run down my face.

To deal with the thick creamy consistency I would quite literally have to warm up the product, which would generally result in me leaving it in a warm place etc, this did make it easier to blend out and apply but it isn't ideal when I'm in a rush and it didn't reduce the creasing/blotchy-ness.

Overall - I definitely would not repurchase and I only ever use this product if my breakouts/under eye circles are very visible after I've applied my foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Whoa!
This made my eyes puffy, itchy, swollen and my skin was red. Almost burnt looking.
Took a very long time to heal my under eye area after this.