Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Waterproof Mascara

Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Waterproof Mascara
Magnum Volum Express Waterproof MascaraMaybelline The Magnum Volum' Express Mascara

on 9/3/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

God I hated this mascara, it flaked on me like no tomorrow, and the flakes started the instant I put it on, because I have oily eyelids, nothing can withstand the oil on my lids. It also made my lashes feel dry and crunchy, it doesn't build up very well and it dried super fast so you better work quickly, on one eye at a time if you plan to go on more than one layer. The volume and length it gave were only average, especially volume wise. It was hard to remove too, I always ended up with two or three fewer lashes whenever I put it on. I actually lost this one a long time ago, and frankly good riddance. There was nothing good or memorable for me about it, unless we're talking about the flaking. If you have oily skin/lids, this is definitely not for you, there are better ones out there.

It's a very dramatic mascara and it does lengthens and volumizes very much. The waterproof formula survived tear sessions and long day wear in hot humid summer.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/16/2016 1:23:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for years now. I tried a lot of different ones, high end and drugstore, but I always have one of this on stock in case my newly tried mascara isn't better than this one. And yet I haven't found one better than this. I always use waterproof because it keeps the curl in my lashes (I use a lash curler), and I can get it of easily with the right eye-makeup remover. I always thought that there would be a better mascara than this, but now that I've tried so many high end ones I know this is my HG mascara.
It holds the curl of my lashes, makes them extra black and extra long and gives the volume I want, without being clumpy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I used this mascara for 2 times and I fell in love with this!
This made my lashes look full and like they described on the tube 'Waterproof'. I have oily skin which is means my eyelids are so oily! or even when I was swimming the mascara is not falling down or makes me be a panda like the other mascara did. The only one thing I can use to remove them is just makeup remover with oil.
I really love this BUT I don't know if my lashes are too short so that the mascara can't help? Yeah, this makes my lashes look full but not that long as I expected :(
Anyway it doesn't matter at all! I really love this and I will absolutely buy this again and again if there's nothing better!

Everyone raved about this mascara. I really wanted to love this BUT it just didn't work for me. It gave me most clumped and spidery lashes ever. The wand is also very bad.

on 11/17/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: lengthen and volumize.
Cons: difficult to remove even with oil base remover, pulls out my eyelashes because it so tough and also gave me like a panda eyes.

on 7/14/2015 7:29:00 AM

I got this in waterproof. It has natural effect in lashes tho I find it quite harder to remove than other mascaras I've used. I don't like it nor hate it.

And oh, it gave me sty on my right eye. I don't know how that happened but i've just been using this for 3 days then few minutes ago I feel like there's something wrong with my eyes and I found out that I have sty. Ugh!

EDITED:
Added 2 lippies. Tried this again after 2 months and i'm now using this again since then. Maybe my eyes were not used to minerals or oil (collagen) so it was just adjusting. I now use this if i want a dramatic and flirty lashes. It lengthens and volumizes (very actually). It doesn't flake nor smudge! But it is such a pain in the ass to remove and can clump lashes if i put more than 2 full-coats. And it's a bit price-y. But i now like it and will re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the best mascara ever! So my mom bought it and i tried to use it and the result was amazing. It lengthens and thickens my lashes, curls them perfectly and adds so much volume. It's also sweatproof. I wear it throughout the day and my lashes still looks amazing. I've been using it since i was 14 and i'll never switch to another mascara. The price is very affordable, and it contains collagent. It doesn't clump and the tube isn't easy to dry. But on lashes, it dries so quick. The tube design and brush are very cute, with the yellow color. Best mascara, i love Maybelline

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my everyday mascara and it used to be my favorite (it's been replaced by Max Factor Max Masterpiece for those special days).
I really like the wand and that's saying something because I usually prefer the plastic, comb-like wands, but I do have to scrape some of the product off before applying.
The big downside for me and the reason I'm bordering on bonding it is it's flakiness. That could just be me because I have to re-curl and brush my lashes between coats because my lashes just love to be difficult like that, thus I have a lot of fall out before I'm even done.
But I just can't bring myself to abandon it! Def my stay-at-home-day mascara.

on 3/12/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favourite thing about this mascara is that it is really waterproof and doesn't smudge even after my tears have gone through it, and on top of summer humidity. It holds my curled lashes up the whole day as well. I usually put 2-3 coats through my lashes and don't really get to see the Volume part of the mascara with that number of applications. It's only an average mascara for me because it doesn't really separate lashes or make them really stand out. However as if with most Maybelline mascaras, it's pretty decent and worth a try but you can probably find other mascaras that you might love even more. I love Majolica's Lash Expander.