Essie Van d'Go

Van d'GoEssie Van D'GoVan d'Go

3.3

on 1/8/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I pulled this from my stash and put this on when a nail blogger I follow named it one of her all time favorites. I may have a revised edition of the formula as mine looks slightly peach leaning in comparison to the one in the photo. I did buy this a few months ago from a local retailer such as Walgreen's or Kohl's. This is a thin runny polish and it takes some finesse to get an even application. I did 3 coats of this to achieve the desired opacity. This is really pretty on me and it pops against my fair skin. The color looks candy pink on me but it's got a peach lean to it. I don't notice it until I put it up against other blue toned pinks. It doesn't really look peach though on my hands. I really enjoyed wearing this polish as it is very flattering on me. I kept looking at my hands and thinking how pretty it looked. That's what I expect of a good colored polish. The wear on this was okay and while I didn't see a lot of tip wear, I did get small chips at the corners of my nails and that is not normal for me. I wasn't happy about that as it required a polish change and it hadn't even been 4 full days of wear yet. I'll happily use this up, but I don't think the color is too original and I'm sure Sinful Colors has a dupe for it with a better formula if I just search my stash. This was such a pretty color on me but it isn't long lasting like I expected it to be. As usual, I used a protein enriched nail strengthening base to protect my natural nails, 3 coats of this colored polish, and a fast drying air dry top coat to protect the polish and prolong wear time. This is such a happy warm color. I really like it a lot but I wish the formula were better and for a $9 polish I expect a much creamier richer formula than this. It's workable but it shouldn't have to be for the cost.

on 8/23/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a GORGEOUS color! Light pink but not too light it is exactly what I was looking for. Too bad the formula is terrible on this one. It is very STREAKY! It required tons of coats.I will not repurchase this.

on 7/8/2015 11:45:00 PM

An absolute nightmare in a bottle.

Brand new bottle I had to throw it out because I couldn't make it work no matter what I tried. Whoever in marketing approved this formula should be fired.

Love it! Looks amazing on my cool toned skin. Apply thin layers, let dry, then repeat to avoid the streakness.

on 9/13/2014 11:52:00 PM

Favorite spring summer shade and second favorite polish colour ever. First favorite is Essie's warm cozy turtleneck.
Colour is soft peachy pink stays on well and just makes me really happy. I've had a really hard time finding something cheaper that matches this colour.

on 7/13/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It is difficult to get an even application. The color looks so cheap and flat on me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this awhile ago & I just barely got around to trying it. I LOVE IT!! This peachy/pink color is just gorge!!! Since I've just tried it I cant account for the wear time but application was flawless! 2 coats was all thats needed! It was so close to being a one coater but 2 made it perfect! It was runny in a thick way which may sound confusing but to me that makes it awesome! These kindof neutrals are my favorite types of polishes because it makes chips unnoticeable!

on 7/2/2013 8:28:00 PM

I bought this just this morning and put this on immediately after I got home. What got me to purchase this colour polish is because the colour in the bottle was a pale baby pink. After the polish dried, it turned into an almost neon and incredibly bright, somewhat peachy pink (I don't mind the change in colour all that much, but neon and bright wasn't what I was looking for). The formula is pretty...sloppy. The first coat was streaky, and didn't even out on it's own. The second coat fixed the streaks, but still didn't even out.

My skintone is cool also, and this polish just made my fingers look dirty in certain angles. So beware! If you have a cool skintone, it's better to purchase a different colour.

I will probably only use this for nail art in the future.

on 5/24/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

In the space of 2 weeks I've bought 13 bottles of nail polish from eBay, 10 of them being Essie. I've been lemming Van D'Go for ages, I love peachy pink shades. It's part neon, but part subtle, with strong pink undertones. Very eye-catching. Not that bad of an application, 2 coats and I was done. I always use Seche Vite as a top coat for that glossy shine.

on 4/18/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have a cool skin tone but my hands are a bit more tan than my face. Van D'Go made my hands look more tan, but not in a good way. My hands looked ashy and tan at the same time. Actually it made my hands (and toes) look dirty!

It was such a pain to get the goop streaky polish on, you'd think I would keep it on for all the trouble of painting the three coats it needed to look even. But it was so neon and ugly on me that I had to take it off immediately.

I brought it to my mom's house and I painted my little nieces nails with it. They are more tan than I am with warm undertones to their skin. It looked fantastic on them, so I think it just clashed really badly with my cool skin tone.

Popular Polishes