Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Nail Color

Megalast Nail ColorMegalast Nail ColorMegalast Nail ColorMegalast Nail Color

4.4

on 1/23/2017 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow - I've actually had one from this line for a few years ( 2% Milk) and love it, mostly because it's a milky nude/sheer so I never really notice any chipping - but after looking at some polish pics on Pinterest - I stumbled on the color Private Viewing in this line, so decided to grab it when I saw it carried at my walmart. For a $1.99 nail polish - i'm amazed. I almost didn't buy it, after seeing the color in person, but decided for the cheap price, why not?

Love it - it's a beautiful nude/brown/pink. 2 coats and it's still a bit sheer, but if you want the non-sheer/see your nail line look - go for three. But it's a beautiful neutral, no fuss color. I really love it, and I'm NOT a pink nail fan. If there is a pink I'll wear, it's this one. The color has not chipped or smudged, but I also applied the WnW protective base coat as a base and top coat - and it dried instantly to the touch. These polishes are going to be added to my collection! Hope I can find a few more nice colors!

EDIT: bought all the colors I could find at my walmart for $1.60 each - and applied Undercover last night - AMAZING NAILPOLISH. Wow. Compared to Essie? This stuff is amazing. One coat and it was done! I applied my 25 cent WnW base coat under AND on top - and it's perfect. Chip free this morning after running around - my Essie and Seche Vite dont' even last 12 hours. This stuff IS GOLD!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Wow guys, I got the Deck the Halls giftset for 99 cents after extrabucks at CVS. Not expecting much but swiped on the purple color polish in a hurry before a concert. Four days later and I have no chips. This is with no basecoat or top coat. Even OPI and all those fancy brands chip on me within 2 days. This is my top choice for nailcolor from now on,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the colors and I loooooooove the applicator brush however these chip on me after a few hours doing nothing. In contrast Sinful Colors which is the same price lasts on me about 3 days without chipping even after a shower and doing the dishes etc. I do not use base or top coats on any of my nail polishes, maybe you would get more wear if you use these things, but IMHO if you are a nailpolish that advertises to be long-wearing you should be long-wearing without the base and top coats, otherwise you should only advertise it as a "package" with those other items like Sinful Colors "2-step" (which I don't buy) do. For what they advertise I don't like them and think they are false advertisement but they get lippies for color selection and applicator brush.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These polishes far exceeded my expectations for a $2 polish. I have tried this brand in many shades and have had nothing but good experiences. I would even say that these perform just as good if not better than my OPI and Essie polishes. This is definitely a win in my book.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have so many of these it isn't even funny. And guess what? I'm DEFINITELY buying more! These polishes are such good quality for the price. Cute names, great colors, good brand you can't ask for more. they are affordable and that's a plus in my book because that means that you could go out and buy more as much as you please. Their may be a few hit and misses. I particularly don't care for one called "Hot Candy". Its a neon bright coral like color. I love the color but its a jelly formula. A bad jelly formula. Other than that this is definitely a line of polishes that anybody would enjoy. Other than the packaging I LOVE these polishes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the brush and how this goes on but it does not last at all on me. I got 30 minutes before it chipped. I fixed the chips and added another layer of top coat. Got another 6 hours before it chipped again. By next day I was replacing it. A lot of people mention body chemistry. Apparently this does not work with mine.The name megalast was a joke for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Everyone go buy this in "Undercover" (a dusty pink) and just watch the compliments roll in! Seriously though, this brush is perfect (it fits right over my nail), the polish goes on perfectly and lasts long. I really do adore "Undercover", especially with a matte top coat—it is one of those rare universally flattering colours!

on 2/18/2015 9:00:00 AM

These polishes are so good! Wish they'd come out with some new colors though.

Megalast nail polishes SERIOUSLY mega LAST!

I am currently wearing "Through the Grapevine" (a glorious purpley red wine color) and it has lasted me over ten days (granted, I do have some scratches and LIGHT chipping, but I am just seeing how far I can stretch this manicure- IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE and great MUA reviews!). Usually it doesn't last quite this long, especially when I was in the service industry, but I typically get a long, luxurious manicure with this brand! SO IMPRESSED!

Some of the polishes are a miss for me because they are sheer or streaky, but I just try to test them out before I buy (sorry WnW...just a tiny swatch on my pinky nail in the store...I promise I'll make it up to you, xoxo). The polish shades in their current collection are TOTALLY opaque in my opinion. If you're looking for a one-and-done nail polish, this is not it. However, I am a thin-coat gal who likes 2-3 coats of thin polish over a firm hold base coat, topped off by a fat coat of Seche Vite.

The one con I have is the brush- I am a little torn about it! Sometimes I think it's great because it's large and flat and can get full coverage on the nail in a single swipe! Other times (pinky nail...I'm looking at you) it does get a little challenging because my nails are quite thin. I have solved this problem a bit by buying the mini combo-packs during the holidays which I THINK have smaller brushes (might be an optical illusion...not sure).

Anyhow, I love this stuff. I am a nail addict and I need to have a full array of colors in my arsenal, but I am a total cheap skate! No problemo, I just buy 4 of these bad boys for the price of one teeny Essie polish!

I absolutely love these polishes. They are quite sheer, so not for an intense opaque look, but extremely lovely. The brush is extraordinary and makes painting your nails a breeze. I've found the best way to use these polishes is to paint very thin layers and allow decent drying time. In humid weather, this will be especially important.

Popular Polishes