Batiste Dry shampoo - Brunette

Batiste Dry shampoo - Brunette

3.7

Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat.,Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is for the light to medium brown. This is not the first dry shampoo I have used and I just should have stuck with my original one that I fell in love with instead of tampering with things. This was on sale in the original format Ulta for a beauty steal. When I went to purchase the original because of past experience I sprayed it on my hand to see if it would be white. And it was of course, a very close contact spray on my arm. Being that I have darker hair, I knew better than to purchase the original one if it turns white. I went ahead and bought the brown (even though it was not on sale). Read a few reviews how it sprays all over the place and on clothing but just pretty much ignored them. My problem is it, sprays out brown but then actually turns WHITE on the hair believe it or not! So same old problem of it turning hair grayish Brown which is ridiculous.

Sticking with Salon Grafix invisible dry shampoo. That has worked for me and it's invisible drying. Even says on the bottle but you can never count on it. Yes, this one dries invisible so I'm just going to stick with what I know and love. When I spray at close contact on my arm it does not leave white residue

I also tried Argan volumizing dry shampoo that left my hair white. And I tried coconut oil dry conditioner which is supposed to be like a dry shampoo and that also left a white residue. Just for the record! Good luck... I returned mine today.

It actually smells good. And i like that it doesnt look as white as regular dry shampoos.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/7/2016 9:37:00 PM

This stuff comes gushing out, the amount of product that comes out when you spray seems like way more than other dry shampoos I have tried. (Redken and l'oreal professionel). The brown color is a medium brown so if you have dark brown hair like me it is kind of weird. Actually I think this stuff comes out so heavy I could kind of use it to cover greys. I like the perfume. Usually after I spray dry shampoo I distribute it with my fingers, I didn't like how this made my fingers all dirty with brown dust. I can't understand out other people think this makes their hair feel clean?? Anyways it does the job but I like the L'oreal the best out of the ones I have tested.

on 3/7/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have a love and hate relationship with this. Firstly, I use dry shampoo as an absolute last resort as I don't think it can every replace shampooing, so I only use it on day 4 if I haven't had to wash my hair on day 3, so already it is having to work quite hard.

Smell - I actually really like, although I do think that it is quite an obvious scent and everyone around you knows that you are using dry shampoo

Results - really good lift and volume. I just spray it where my hair is looking particularly flat and oily, rub it in and hey presto, bouncy, clean looking hair again. Only problem is that the hair only looks clean. The scalp still feels dirty and itchy, and I find that I can't brush it once I have applied the dry shampoo as it is stiff, as though I have applied loads of hair spray. On the plus, I only need to apply in the morning and my shoulder length, thick hair is good to go for the rest of the day.

Mess - this stuff gets everywhere. Don't wear a white shirt if you are wearing it, and do your makeup afterwards. It also leaves marks in the shower (so wash the shower afterwards) and runs out of the hair like dye. I also find that I shed more hair when I wear it, although this could be because of the fact that I have gone for longer than normal without washing it.

Value - because I use it quite rarely (a couple of times a month) I find that a can will last for ages so it is good value for me. If you are using it daily then it's probably not great value.

However, despite the negatives, this is still the only dry shampoo I will use as it is the only one that actually does the job for me. I still favour water and a shampoo over a dry shampoo though!

on 12/15/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this dry shampoo online, which is 30MYR for 200ml from lazada.com.my. To be honest, the price is not really budget friendly for a student as i need to use my money in daily life but for a dry shampoo it didnt hurt to try. My hair is falling out for past year which it is still falling out these days which is really irritating for me and my hair is really really thin that my scalp is obvious. I usually put my hair up in a ponytail but then i realize that it will make my hair worse. So i tried to let my hair down and i usually cover my scalp with eyeshadow, brow powder things like that. But hell who wont be bothered to spent 10 minutes concealing ur scalp with makeup brush and dark eyeshadow everyday. Well this dry shampoo really helps me but it wont last long bcs u need quite alot of product for ur whole head like i do. for that bottle, i think i used for about 20 times or more. i expect the product would last me for 2 month or more. what i really like is the scent, but u wont be happy to touch ur root up in a car bcs its smells really strong flowery. overall, i will buy this product again which i currently ran out of.

on 12/15/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite dry shampoo. I was so happy to find a drug store one with the option to purchase a colored version, as my hair is jet black and using a white dry shampoo is just annoying.

I'm definitely a convert. This gets me through day 2 and 3 hair easily, and I have very oily hair that I'm often tempted to wash every day. It also keeps oil at bay better than the Klorane stuff, which I always end up having to reapply throughout the day. My one complaint is that it's sometimes a little...too good at soaking up the oil, and can cause the ends of my hair to feel a little dry. I also personally like the matte finish on this, but that's probably a matter of preference. I don't love using aerosols because of their impact on the environment, which is why I'm giving this a lower packaging score.

For the price, this is 100% worth a try.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought the regular dry shampoo with white powder but thought it would be easier to get this one since I have darker hair. The dry shampoo does work it absorbs the oil and makes hair look fresh however its messy. After I "lathered" it up in my hair I had little brown fingerprint marks on my hair line. I had already washed my face and did my make up so I had to wipe it off taking off some my concealer. It washed off of my hands easily. Then I see it on my blouse, I got a damp rag and tried to rub it off but it didnt come off. I'm aware some of this is my fault as I should have started with my hair first and then waited to change into my outfit, but I was in a rush that morning.

The smell is nice, it does what its supposed to but I don't like the mess it made. Ill go back to the regular formula once I'm done with this one.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

EDIT: So I rearranged my routine by putting the shampoo in first then wash my face and apply make up...it didn't work, after i was done getting ready I had spots on my forehead and on my blouse....thinking of just tossing this and getting the original one

on 8/18/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always, Batiste is the best dry shampoo, and this on is no exception. The smell is awesome, and the results, for a light brunette, are awesome. The price is right, the bottle last a long time, and the results are always great, so this is definitively HG for me. The things that I liked less about other Batiste shampoo was the fact that it was going on the hair white, and that problem is gone with this product!

on 4/25/2015 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

my favorite batiste dry shampoo. tried before floral, original fresh dry shampoo. prefer this the best. i actually like the smell, but some may not like it. It gets rid of oil and make my hair less flat. Repurchased many times! Better than klorane!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the original formula but not the white powder for my dark hair. I thought this would just be perfect for me but it wasn't. In theory it would be great but in practicality it doesn't work. The powder looked more grey looked like dirt. My hair felt dirty. My sink and my clothes all looked dirty and it was a mess. I'd rather just stick with the original formula and rub off the white powder really well. Sorry I won't buy this again.