Dove Daily Moisture Therapy

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Dove Daily Moisture Therapy

Water (Agua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, PPG 9, Carbomer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glyceryl Oleate, Amodimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, DMDM Hydantoin, C11 15 Pareth 7, PEG 180M, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 11/26/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
1. Cleanses well
2. Moisturizing
3. Smells great
4. Convenient package (pump)
5. Great price for so much

Cons:
1. Hair gets oily quickly

I've been using this for one to two years and probably won't stop anytime soon. I do have one little complaint about it though, I naturally have a lot of hair and this product gives it a lot of volume on my second day hair (it's so close to perfect...), however, on the third day morning, my hair is already getting greasy (I wash my hair at night every other day)! I'm not sure if it's totally due to the shampoo or matching conditioner or it's just me (I've been using this for so long that I forgot before I started using it how quickly my hair got oily...), but I really wish that the product could solve this problem! I don't want to wash my hair everyday, it's probably gonna dry out my hair. And this also keeps my dandruff in control (I rarely have it now!) but I'm not sure if it's entirely due to the shampoo so I won't put it as a pro.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using Dove Oil Nourishing Shampoo for about a month long period for my combo (oily roots+dry and hay-like ends) hair. Despite that the condition of my hair improved in general, right about now my it started setting flatter and flatter as well as getting greasy way faster than before. So I decided to change shampoos. Actually, it worked and after the first wash my hair looked fresher than after the regular shower. In addition to that, my hair didn't look greasy the morning after the last morning's wash. I'm happy in general but won't be sticking to it and will be using those two bottles interchangeably.

I recommend it for oily to combo hair.

on 10/23/2013 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like how well this shampoo lathers and cleans. My hair gets clean without feeling dry or limp. It doesn't make my hair tangle like that John Frieda full body shampoo. Like other reviewers said, this shampoo do cause build up. I also don't like the scent. It is best to find another shampoo and alternate between the two to avoid build up. Whatever you do, don't get the Daily Moisture conditioner. That conditioner is one of the worst conditioner ever.

on 12/29/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product got my hair clean, and that's about the only positive thing it did for my very thick, dry, frizz-prone hair. It didn't manage to make my hair feel any softer or hydrated, though it did cause an itchy scalp and dandruff. WIll not buy again.

on 6/27/2011 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I got this in the huge size at Sam's. I have used the damage therapy formula before, but for my hair type, this is much better. I would not advise this for thin hair or overly dry hair. For me, I would say this is the best drug store shampoo on the market. My hair is thick, dry, and colored. While this is not a salon formula, I would say it is pretty close.

on 1/30/2011 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best shampoo I have used! I have very thick wavy hair and very little oil in my hair (I only wash my hair every 2-3 days because of this) and this shampoo moisturizes my hair really well. It leaves it feeling very soft, smooth and silky - plus is smells wonderful! I also use the matching conditioner. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and will definitely be buying it again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great shampoo
Nice and gentle yet it cleanses away dit and oil from the scalp
Nice smell
Adds moisture without the weight and heavy feel to my hair
Makes my hair shiny and healthly looking
Really love this stuff for winter and the summer!
I have a oily scalp and I wash my hair everyday
It doesn't strip away all the moisture in my hair but it cleanses away the excess oil build-up
Really recommend for oily hair people

on 2/9/2010 4:25:00 PM

I was very impressed by this shampoo and conditioner. I have thick, dry hair and this stuff has cured me of split ends for the most part. I feel it has really helped with moisturizing. I have gone through two bottles of it so far. It has a serum in it but surprisingly this does not weigh my hair down at all! i have pretty long hair and i notice that stuff quickly. The smell has kind of a soapy smell and it is a thick creamy formula. I would buy it again and recommend this for people with thick hair, as well as the shine therapy shampoo from dove.