Pure Ice Nail Polish

No Image

3.8

on 7/15/2017 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the 1st time I've used Pure Ice. I've seen it forever, they have many glitters and strong colors. Rumors is a welcome surprise in their line.
I purchased #919 Rumors, a deep crème mauve. I was drawn to it out of nostalgia, my grandmother always wore Revlon's Windsor Rose, a shade I've never seen in the stores. Rumors is more vibrant, it's easy to apply, opacity is great, it covers well in 1 coat (I used 2 out of habit). The brush is thin, but it's easy to control. A top coat of Seche Vite gives it a hard, glossy finish.
I definitely recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I love Pure Ice nail Polishes. I have a large collection of them and they all are decent quality. I'm happy with the quality and price of these polishes. They are pigmented and easy to apply. I love the color selection, every time I go to Walmart I check to see if theres any new colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the clear/green glow in the dark polish for Halloween, and even though it looks a ghastly-corpse green yellow clear on the nails when worn by itself, this makes a WONDERFUL top coat.
Seriously, if I apply this over any other nail polish it makes it last a long time on the nails! I really like it so I recommend this one as a perfect top coat.

on 7/21/2016 11:50:00 PM

I used to be a hard-core believer that if something cost a lot of money, it had to be great! So with that mindset, I would only purchase very exclusive high-end nail polish.....over the years, I have spent a small fortune on my nail polish collection. One day, I was out shopping and I seen a lady wearing the most gorgeous color of nail polish.....I didn't have a chance to ask her what the color and brand of her polish was, but I committed that color to my memory. From that point on, every where I went, I was on the search for that color. Several months went by with no luck on finding this elusive polish. One day I just happen to run into Walmart for something, and decided to take a look at their nail polishes, and I came to the Pure Ice polishes and BAM.....there it was!!! I had finally found that gorgeous color! I was so happy, I came home and immediately painted my finger and toenails. That was a couple of years ago, and I'm still buying this brand of polish. I make sure to use a good base coat and a few coats of a very good top coat, and my polish lasts anywhere from 7 to 10 days with little to no chipping. The one thing I don't really like about Pure Ice nail polish is the paint brush.....it's thin and skimpy. I think they could do a lot better in the brush department. Outside of that, they are great...... but for the price ($1.97) I'm not going to complain too much!

When possible I purchase a Pure ICE polish. These are mostly wonderful colors. I have not had much issues so far with them, and their SuperStar white polish is my go to for French tips and white backgrounds. I am not too big on the color Scream (a blue/turquoise color) because it has no depth once it dries, but it does make a good color for blends and designs. I also have tried the matte top coat, not expecting much because I really was unsure of the matte finish, and I fell in love. One simple thin layer and you have your matte look. It dries quickly too.

on 11/14/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

From reading the reviews, it looks like this nail polish is a hit or miss. For me, it was a big hit. First time i used this brand and for 1.97, I was already convinced it was going to be much. I was so wrong. Using mostly high end polish and not having too much success w staying power, this little nottle was a gem for the price. I am on day three with no chips. That's a long stay for me, using high end polish, much less a 1.97 bottle. I have been cleaning, without gloves, and I cannot believe the staying power. I love reds and I picked up the Wear Red color and was hoping it would end up looking red, as the color even under store lights looked coral. When applied it turned out looking a some what dark coral. Beautiful color and makes my hands look very pretty w my skin tone being medium color. I applied Sally Hansen Complete Care as my base coat, then the color, then I applied Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, then finished w Sally Hansen Big Kwix Dry Top Coat. Could all this be the magic cocktail for the staying power I am getting in the color? Who knows....I just know that after cleaning and day 3, my polish looks amazing. When I applied the color, I was so surprised that it went on very smooth and the color was rich looking. I could have gotten away w using that one coat, but applied two. I'm telling u, my YSL doesnt stay on this long before chipping sets in. I will definitely be going back for more colors. I was amazed in a good way.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I really want to like Pure Ice but they just don't work for me. They have so many cute colors but the formulas are often awful to work with. They also chip super fast even with top/base coat. They're cheap so I occasionally buy one that catches my eye but there are better nail colors out there for the same price that work a lot better.

on 12/3/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My favorite cheap nail polish. Huge range of colors. I use 2 coats of Fiberglass Network by Salon Sciences. Followed with 2 coats of a color (this brand works well). Sometimes a sparkly topcoat, depending on the color. With 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and then 2 coats Seche Vite. My nails are like gel. I'm a nurse, so this has been the only combination I have found that has saved my nails from splitting into the quick. Since that hurts like heck, I'm grateful for nail polish- pretty or no. And for the price, this line is great to experiment with and find pretty combinations. The few that have been ugly (Irreplaceable comes to mind) I'm ok with throwing them out at this price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this might be one of the only brands of nail polishes I might ever use! I love how the formula isn't really gel-like, which I find that those just become a sticky mess. Anyway, when I don't feel as comitted to one color, I don't use a base coat. I find that without a base coat, it only takes about two days until it chips, depending on how much your work your hands. But the price is really nice for this quality polish. Maybe it's just the stores I go to get this [two different Walmarts] but they dont have a lot of color varieties. As for drying, It can dry quick, with a coat of nail dryer.

I conclude, this is probably a great nail polish for people on a budget, and change their nails often so they don't mind quick chipping.

I love this product!! I really love the price point so it is easy to amass quite a collection rather quickly! The colour variety is excellent and very vivid. It took some time to figure out what base coat to use with it to make it last {I can't wear ANY brand with out a base!} it ended up being a cheap, drugstore base was the best; whoa thunk it?! Some of the colours need to have a coat of white under them and one {SPLASH} was soooooo opaque I ended up having to mix some white, teal, and dark blue in so I didn't need three dozen coats to cover! And AFTERHOURS turned out to be much more translucent than I expected but a base of white makes it perfect. I do a fair amount of nail art {my way of relaxing while catching up on some TV after the munchkins turn in!} so this brand is an excellent one to use because it has great wear time, comparable with my all time favourite brand {which I am not sure if I am allowed to name so I won't!} and is just a little cheaper than the afore unmentioned brand! Most of the colours I have used are on the thin side so they don't work for stamping. Unless I am watching a reeeeally long show/movie I often have to use a fast drying method but if I let each coat/layer/design dry throughly I don't have any issues. All in all it's an awesome product and for $2 why not give it a try?!

Popular Polishes