NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 9/20/2016 10:36:00 AM

I have a deluxe sample of this product I've been milking for a couple years (at least). I don't use it frequently, but I do rather adore it. And I'll tell you why!

The color is a GORG peachy-pinky-gold, and the pigment is suspended in a weird gel-liquid concoction that melds with skin, diffusing both the pigment and shimmer. So when you apply it, it somehow looks very similar to real live dewy skin, tropical vacation style. I have a Becca liquid highlight, and it's very different from that formula. Granted, it's a subtle highlight for sure. It's slightly glossy, vs. BAM look I highlighted.

It's sheer enough that it would work for a variety of skin tones. It's pricy, the lasting power is not that great, and the product separates in the tube after a while, but I've had mine for forevs.

on 5/26/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This Illuminator leaves a very dewy finish on the skin with subtle peachy-gold tones. It goes on beautiful, is easy to blend (you can use your fingers), and is ideal for a quick, no-fuss make up day. I have olive skin but am prone to red cheeks so I tend to avoid blush for this reason. I bought this to add a little colour to my cheeks without making me look like I had run a marathon while still giving me a glowy completion. It dose just that! and it's super pretty and can be used as a body highlighter too. However, my only concern is that it does not last all day and you will have to re-apply. If this isn't an issue then this is a beautiful product from Nars. I personally prefer the staying power of a powder, so I'd suggest either purchasing the Nars Orgasm blush, the Nars multiple or another powder based Illuminator.

on 12/31/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am addicted to all kinds of highlighting/illuminating products - and this is in my top 5, although definitely not #1. I prefer NARS Albatross in cooler months when I am more pale, or Armani Fluid Veil - the love of my life - because it looks more subtle, natural and therefore the finished look is more "sophisticated", less obvious while application is easier and texture much silkier - although the price is a bit outrageous (but you only use a small amount so . . *insert some excuse for wasting money here*)

Anyways, NARS orgasm is a very sheer peachy-pink gel, barely adds any colour and the shimmer is fine and not garish. I apply this on the tops of my cheekbones after blush. I tap on a tiny amount with my ring finger very lightly, if you spread/smear this on it can upset the make-up underneath or streak blush/foundation. It just leaves a hint of glowy finish. I also mix this in with foundation to give a more radiant/less dull finish. The finish is slightly glossy, like satin - personally I love it, it looks like healthy soft skin. Always start with a tiny amount and build it up if needed.

I would recommend this to anyone with light to medium-deep skin, especially with warm undertones looking for a subtle highlighting product - and of course get a sample first if possible. I'm not sure how it would be on skin above an NC45 but have used it on friends up to that shade and it looked nice, on fairer skin it can be a bit too "peach", and I would recommend NARS Albatross instead.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I looked everywhere to get this product to NZ where it wasn't ridiculously over priced, including the super expensive postage to the other side of the world, as over the counter it's around $70 NZD (convert to $60USD maybe?) . NARS is a super rip off here, considering all Nars products in NZ have already had the price lowered. Finally I found it off eBay from a legit seller, I got it for $30 for the 30ml size. I love love love the colour, it's a good tone for my skin colour. But ... I still don't understand this product. The concept of it is exciting - illuminated beautiful skin . I find its not really for all over, i can only really put it on my cheeks. Also not on top of foundation because it swirls & looks weird. By itself it's nice. The consistency of the product is great, gel like. It ends up on your finger more than your face though. Would be a good no make up look illuminator if you have even skin tone & want so natural glow. This isn't for me as I have acne & it doesn't go we'll over my foundation. Not sure if ill buy again, maybe if its cheap. Meh . Overrated. But I love Nars & the packaging is always simple & perfect. I wish I could love you orgasm illuminator :( you're just not for me

on 1/3/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift this past holiday and I really do love it. It's light, sheer and gives a very natural, dewy looking glow which is exactly what I was looking for. I apply it to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose and it makes my skin look fresh and glowing. My only issue with it is the price, about $25 for the tube. I cringe at spending more than $10 on a cosmetic, but this has pretty much become my HG illuminator and I'm not about to waste money to experiment on other products that I might not even like as much. I can't say how long this has lasted me since I'm nowhere near finished with the tube, but despite my complaints about the price, when I do run out, I will be purchasing again

on 1/14/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Loveeeee this! I forgot I even had this but I found it and it works great for my early morning school routine smashbox halo and this on each cheek is greattt! Orgasm comes off as a rose gold highlighter that shimmers ever so slightly and stays on all day giving that subtle glow.. Although its pricey with nars you get so much product.

on 3/25/2011 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh so beautiful. How do you hate Orgasm?!

I use my fingers to apply then use a sponge to buff it out! Love it. Doesn't wear off, beautiful color and natural glow if applied correctly.

Can't recommend it enough.

on 10/12/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was hoping this was going to be a little more pigmented. When you look at the color in the tube I was under the impression that color would be similar as shown on my NC40 skin, but unfortunately it wasn't! Once I applied it, it was extremely watery and streaky. The color was very dull. I guess if you mix it with your foundation, it basically brings out more a glow within look, but I applied it to areas I wanted to glow like my cheeks. I did notice that if you apply this on your cheeks under your blush, it will make your blush last alot longer and it does glow more. I would recommend this to lighter skintones...and sadly..I wont be repurchasing.

on 6/26/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got 2 sample sizes of this and Im glad it was free as I wouldnt purchase it. I gave it 2 because of the colour but apart from that i was blah.

As it is very wet which I dont mind as I like the dewy look if mixed with foundation it doesnt really do much and if used alone over the cheeks dissapears within half an hour and I do not have oily or dry skin - sorry NARS unless you reformulated this I wouldnt buy it.