NARS Orgasm Illuminator

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 4/8/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i agree with all the other reviewers here. this product is too sheer and don't really see any real outcome. not too sure if i'm using it right though. but on top of my makeup it doesn't do much in terms of illuminating anything. i would not purchase this again

edit: i would assume this just helps with the dewy look and have been using it after my moisturizer, before my foundation

7/10

on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 PM

I like the product, I use it most days but iv given it 3 stars because I don't like how when I put it on it upsets my make-up underneath, making it look a bit patchy sometimes.
I used this as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones after a light layer of my liquid foundation, and cream blush and It just doesn't seem to go on well. I don't wear a lot of make-up but maybe I'm just trying to put to much of this on, I think I would of been better with the multiple version better because I think that one would of blended in better

** I have updated my review to 4 stars because I use this product everyday and the colour and look on the skin is fantastic! still struggling with the consistency a bit but better when I use a foundation brush (that I just use for this product) to apply it.

on 5/18/2014 2:35:00 PM

This is a light gel-creme that enhances your complexion with a sheer veil of color and a pretty, dewy sheen. The color is a bronzey rose gold sort of color (the bronze tone is most noticeable if you see swatches of it next to Super Orgasm, which is pinker) that flatters olive and warm complexions and gives a sunkissed look to lighter skin. It is not the same color as the original pressed powder blush (a light coral pink with gold shimmer), though it would complement it when worn together. I would not mix this product with your foundation, but stipple/blend it on top of your base or wear it alone on bare skin.

The lasting power is about average for a product of this type (you will need to reapply after a few hours), but the bottle is fairly large considering the fact that you only need a dab for your entire face. This is just the thing to wear all summer when you don't want to pile a bunch of makeup on your face since it can replace blush, bronzer, and highlighter.

It's fairly pricey, so I'd suggest getting a sample and, if you like it, waiting until Sephora or Beauty.com (or whatever) has a Friends & Family sale and buying it then.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure if I'm using this illuminator the right way. I have both tried to mix it with my foundation and dot it on my cheekbones after foundation.
With foundation it wasn't really noticeable. It didn't really give a different glow.
It was almost the same when I dotted it on my cheekbones. It gives a very sheer highlight, but nothing comparable to for example High Beam.
I like my highlighters to stand more out and give a noticeable highlight without being too much. This isn't enough at all and is quite expensive for what it is..

I have to say that usually I don't buy expensive makeup, but decided to give this illuminator a try. I have never used illuminator before, but I'm getting married soon, and want to try something pretty for my wedding day.

I love to soft, peachy pink shimmer that it gives to my cheeks. My skin is fair / medium, and it gives a subtle glow to my face. I know this will make me look radiant on my wedding day!

I will definitely repurchase, because I love the way it looks. The downside is that I feel it's a bit pricey for what it is.

on 12/31/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am addicted to all kinds of highlighting/illuminating products - and this is in my top 5, although definitely not #1. I prefer NARS Albatross in cooler months when I am more pale, or Armani Fluid Veil - the love of my life - because it looks more subtle, natural and therefore the finished look is more "sophisticated", less obvious while application is easier and texture much silkier - although the price is a bit outrageous (but you only use a small amount so . . *insert some excuse for wasting money here*)

Anyways, NARS orgasm is a very sheer peachy-pink gel, barely adds any colour and the shimmer is fine and not garish. I apply this on the tops of my cheekbones after blush. I tap on a tiny amount with my ring finger very lightly, if you spread/smear this on it can upset the make-up underneath or streak blush/foundation. It just leaves a hint of glowy finish. I also mix this in with foundation to give a more radiant/less dull finish. The finish is slightly glossy, like satin - personally I love it, it looks like healthy soft skin. Always start with a tiny amount and build it up if needed.

I would recommend this to anyone with light to medium-deep skin, especially with warm undertones looking for a subtle highlighting product - and of course get a sample first if possible. I'm not sure how it would be on skin above an NC45 but have used it on friends up to that shade and it looked nice, on fairer skin it can be a bit too "peach", and I would recommend NARS Albatross instead.

on 1/3/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

on 11/23/2012 4:26:00 AM

Got a mini tube from a Sephora kit and was wondering what the fuss was when i first used it. However, i soon realised it is really quite a cool product!

when applied on half my face without foundation, the part with the NARS orgasm illuminator had a nice glow about it. the trick is to use a tiny bit. however, the down side is that after about 5 hours, the sheen tends to look rather oily. i think its pretty nice to use a little bit on your face if you are just popping to a shop down the road and want to look fresh and perky!

when used as a highlighter, it does not really make my face pop. but maybe i am not doing it right. or as the SA said, this could really be too light for my NC 25 skin tone. using more makes my skin shine a little too much, so not for me. however, just putting on a little over the parts of your face that appear too powdery after putting on your make up works for me. although it does not really highlight your face or make it more contour, it definitely helps to banish the matte and powdery look. a little will do the trick!

at 30 USD per tube, it does seem a little on the pricey side. its not something that i need terribly, so i will try and use my tube longer and see if i love it that much to buy it when i go to the US. it is probably way more more expensive in singapore, so not for me.

Update: shall not bother mixing with the MAC foundation next time. the mixed product ended up a little streaky and can't see any of the illuminator at all!

Edit: i do like this product, but i will probably buy one shade darker the next time i am done! or if you could introduce something cheaper that would be great cos this is just too expensive in Singapore.

on 11/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my HG highlighter! I just dab a little on top of my cheekbones and I just glow all day. However, the color doesn't really show on my darker skin tone, but it doesn't matter since I'm not using this as blush, but more for a highlighter.

on 7/23/2012 5:37:00 PM

I got a little sample tube to try and have fallen in love, which is unfortunate, since this is a rather pricey product! I'm kind of surprised, actually, since I'm a pretty jaded consumer and not the type to fall for marketing hype (the entire Orgasm line seems overrated to me). But I really, really like this product.

It is a pinkish peach (more peach than pink) color that's warmer and bronzier than the original powder blush. It adds a pearly sheen to your skin along with a hint of color. I have light olive-yellow skin and think this is the perfect item to use for a fresh, glowy, summery look. I don't think the color will show up on anyone darker than me or anyone with pink-toned skin, though it would still work as a subtle highlighting fluid.

I've been carrying my sample tube in my bag as an emergency pick-me-up. I apply a small dab on the outer apples of my cheeks, blending up to my cheekbones. Sometimes, I'll add a touch to my brow bones, chin, and eyelids for a bit more glimmer. This stuff perks you up wonderfully, even at the end of a long day. And unlike a full-on highlighter, this is hard to overdo, so you won't end up looking like a walking disco ball.

There is no scent and I haven't experienced any negative reactions from using this product. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and have found that the lasting power isn't great (4 hours or so, max), but I guess that's to be expected from a liquid product. Maybe the staying power will be better in winter months when my skin is drier?

Despite that, this is definitely on my "to buy" list.