NARS Orgasm Illuminator

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.8

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 9/3/2014 2:55:00 PM

This product is amazing. Especially for people with tired and dull skin. It gives you a subtle glow and youth. Skin looks fresh and bright after using it on cheekbones or forehead. You can mix a drop with a foundation or primer. I love the "gel# consistence which is immediately dry on the skin. It is not cakey or greasy. The big positive is that it is fragrance-free and doesnt break out my sensitive skin. It doesnt cause acne or dry patches on my skin. I really love the finish and colour of this highlighter. Eventhough the price was a bit high I will definitely repurchase this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is pretty fair and it's not really hard for a product to show on my face. I've used the Orgasm blush for years and have never had a problem. But this illuminator was something else.

For one, it's really watery. I would have it sit out for days and you can see the oily part extracted from the shimmer...it's very runny. This doesn't show up on me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I moisturize my face and I even put primer on so it can show up but it doesn't. The best method I've found for the product to stay (at least for a bit) is to pat it, rather than rub it. Not really worth the hype..I prefer the lustre drops from MAC.

on 3/24/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this as part of a gift set and I was afraid it would be too dark for me because I have very fair skin. However when I apply a small amount of this to my cheekbones, my skin just glows! This goes on very sheer and isn't too glittery. I don't even think the tube I have is full sized but I think it will last me forever because a little goes a long way.

I apply this on top of my foundation but before my loose powder and I get a nice subtle glow that warms up my pale skin.

on 2/18/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The illuminator looks natural yet noticeable, and is great for creating a dewy look. It's runnier than other liquid illuminators I've tried, but it's a plus because it allows you to apply it sheer or build it up. It's a little pricey, but you get a ton of product and it definitely lasts.

EDIT:
I wrote that review the day I purchased it, and looking back it's unhelpful and kinda sucks. Since then, it has become my HG, can't-step-outside-without-it, discontinued-is-not-an-option product. Here we go:

I still think it makes skin look gorgeous and dewy, and it has light peach and gold undertones-- also plays wonderfully with neutral tones. It is NOT runnier than most other highlighters (although Nars Copacabana is thicker) doesn't have as a traditional highlighting effect; it's not as shimmery and is more sheer than, say, Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer, Benefit That Gal, or Benefit High Beam, to name a few. But this is a plus because you can build it up to get a more intense effect.
I also realize the packaging has been upgraded and I love the new flip-top, small spout design. I owned the original screw-cap tube and I'd get an illuminator volcano every other time I tried to squeeze some out. Seems they've taken care of that now.
A tube will still last you 'til the apocalypse. I had my first one for a little over a year and was only about halfway through when I lost it *weeps*.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a small sample of this on eBay. So far I really like it. The other day I couldn't find my foundation so I added a drop of this to my sunscreen . It really helped to blur the redness in my skin that foundation usually covers. I think the price for a full size is a little ridiculous so I use this stuff sparingly.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just received a sample of this from Sephora. (delux samples are tiny!) This is very shimmery which I love (I love shimmer and glitter), but as for color, it doesn't really show up on my medium-tan skintone. The shimmer shows but that's it. I thought it would be more pigmented because of the color in the bottom. I will definitely use the free sample up, but I wouldn't pay full price for this. I gave it 3 Lippies cause it's a nice illuminator but pretty average.

*Edit- this is more like a shimmery moisurizer - it gives great moisture. I've been using this and I'm LOVING it. It's very moisturizing on my dry skin and gives a pretty glow! I will purchase after my sample is done

on 5/12/2010 11:08:00 PM

I'm super duper pale and on me, this definitely has enough color to function as a blush/bronzer. One quick swirl and I have subtle, glowing peachy bronze cheeks. However, the pigment builds nicely if you apply a few layers for greater intensity. I don't understand why NARS created such a large tube of product--a much smaller size (and price) would have sufficed. Body lotions come in tubes this size! For $29 you are getting a product that will likely last into the next millennium.

My only complaint apart from the super-sized packaging is the shade name. I'd expect the color to be more akin to the Orgasm powder blush and multiple, but this definitely has more bronze tones and fewer peachy pink ones. It's a lovely color, but not exactly what I was expecting based on the name. If you're looking for a liquid version of Orgasm powder blush or Multiple this isn't it. The shade name was probably just co-opted for marketing purposes.

Overall, purchase this if you're fair to light and desire a sheer light bronzey peachy pinky shimmery glow for the cheeks.

on 3/1/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First, I like this better than the blush of the same name! Four lippies because, after one week of daily use, I still don't know what I am supposed to do with it. BUT - I mix a little (the other caveat: the packaging is not worthy of NARS and dispenses too much every time) with my Chanel foundation (30 for my winter skin) and although I cannot pinpoint the difference, others noticed. Skin looks warmer and slightly light-reflective without shine, shimmer or the dullness of bronzers. I wonder if and how it will work with summer skin! For now it pulls together all the spring apricot shades. J'adore.

on 2/12/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did not illuminate anything for me. Got better results from similiar products in other lines.