NARS Orgasm Illuminator

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.7

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 3/5/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't see the point in this product. I bought it online and when i got it it was just a little plastic bottle of shimmer. I used it on the top of my cheekbones and it just looked like i had glitter on my face. I only used a tiny bit... maybe I'll try it under my foundation next time to see if it makes me more glowy. But as illuminators go I'd prefer a cream highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure if I'm using this illuminator the right way. I have both tried to mix it with my foundation and dot it on my cheekbones after foundation.
With foundation it wasn't really noticeable. It didn't really give a different glow.
It was almost the same when I dotted it on my cheekbones. It gives a very sheer highlight, but nothing comparable to for example High Beam.
I like my highlighters to stand more out and give a noticeable highlight without being too much. This isn't enough at all and is quite expensive for what it is..

on 1/3/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

This is one of those products I couldn't live without!
It makes your skin GLOW, defines your cheekbones and when you have lots of makeup on and you put this on too it makes it look way more natural. It's not too glittery, no noticeable scent and the price is very decent considering how long it lasts. I have used this for more than a year and i'm still not even halfway through the bottle.
Love this product!!

on 12/5/2011 6:27:00 PM

I really Iike products that are easy to apply when I'm in a hurry, and this is no exception. I swipe it quickly on each cheek and I'm good. I like how this looks more than the powdered blush even. I will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 9/25/2011 8:14:00 PM

RIS-I am in my late 50's, so I have to be very careful about adding too much shine or highlighters to my somewhat wrinkly cheeks and crows feet area. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I never would have purchased it, despite the regular blush being my favorite. It's wonderful for evening wear when one's complexion can appear dull and washed out. This adds a dewy, luminous touch that, if used in extreme moderation, is definitely a good product for a woman my age! I will probably purchase it again, but I can't imagine running out because so little is needed. Treat yourself with this great product-thank you NARS!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this by mixing it with my foundation or tinted moisturizer. So far, I've loved the results, my skin just looks really nice and dewy. It is a small tube for $29 but you don't have to use much when you're using it with foundation so I imagine this would last a while. I have a tendency of being fickle with products, so though I would repurchase it if it ran out right now, the test of time, will be the best way to tell how much I love this!

on 5/28/2011 7:58:00 PM

This product is very sheer and I honestly cant tell the collor difference between any of the colors once they're on. It makes my makeup application take longer in the morning and you can barley tell its there. its very natural and in my opinion, its not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this product for free as a gift with purchase.

I was a little confused since I thought this would be a more traditional highlighter, but it really just brings out a little bit of a 'natural' glow to your skin that's very subtle. I have mixed it in with my NARS sheer glow foundation for a sun kissed, natural glow for my skin. I have also dabbed it on my cheeks before or after putting on blush just to bring out that natural glow to my skin. It's also really nice to use on shoulders, chest, legs for summer days.

I wouldn't repurchase just because it's not really something I 'need' in my make up stash. But if I was to get it for free again I would definately use it all up since it is something nice, but not necessary to have in my make up bag. I like it for days when I want that natural, no make look for a peachy glow.

on 11/1/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I gave this a rating of 5 stars really because I use it almost everyday. It has a wet texture but not runny, and the texture is'nt really a gel or cream. So, wet in texture and easy to blend, it is'nt like those gels that use on your cheeeks and there is a stain left there and you have to rub real hard to get it to blend....this blends easily and looks natural. I suppose that's a big factor why I like it so much because it looks so natural, nothing overdone and it lasts, it never fades on me. Someone of a darker complexion probably will have difficulty getting this to show up but for lighter/fair ladies (I'm light w/ warm undertones) there is enough pigment for it show up but not so much that you have to real careful with it.