NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 6/17/2016 1:53:00 AM

I use this illuminator (orgasm) as a blush on my NC25 skin. I do not like to use blushes but this gives a (very) sheer color which I prefer.

You get a beautiful glow with this, but if you want to use this as a highlighter I recommend the Multiple stick (especially copacabana) instead.

I also mix this with my foundation and I get the most dewy glowy luminous finish!!! The shade does not change if you do this method.

on 9/3/2014 2:55:00 PM

This product is amazing. Especially for people with tired and dull skin. It gives you a subtle glow and youth. Skin looks fresh and bright after using it on cheekbones or forehead. You can mix a drop with a foundation or primer. I love the "gel# consistence which is immediately dry on the skin. It is not cakey or greasy. The big positive is that it is fragrance-free and doesnt break out my sensitive skin. It doesnt cause acne or dry patches on my skin. I really love the finish and colour of this highlighter. Eventhough the price was a bit high I will definitely repurchase this product.

It's hard to describe what this does exactly. I don't use it as a blush or anything like that, I do my whole face, then when done, apply a few drops to the tops of my cheekbones, near the outside of my face and tap it in. It doesn't add color per se, it adds a certain glow, I do notice a difference, a MAJOR difference. It gives me a certain youthful glow and I LOVE it, I will never ever be without this.

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. It gives a glowy peachy sheen that lasts all day. The consistency makes it easy to blend. I really enjoy the look it gives my face. Definitely will purchase a full size when I am done with my sample.

on 11/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my HG highlighter! I just dab a little on top of my cheekbones and I just glow all day. However, the color doesn't really show on my darker skin tone, but it doesn't matter since I'm not using this as blush, but more for a highlighter.

This is one of those products I couldn't live without!
It makes your skin GLOW, defines your cheekbones and when you have lots of makeup on and you put this on too it makes it look way more natural. It's not too glittery, no noticeable scent and the price is very decent considering how long it lasts. I have used this for more than a year and i'm still not even halfway through the bottle.
Love this product!!

I was getting my make done at Mecca Cosmetica and the MUA tried this stuff on my cheek bones. I saw rosey color cream on her fingers and thought most highlighters I've tried are silvery, champagney, glittery....I looked in the mirror. ahhh GLOWY. This is soooo pretty! Though I had enough in my makeup budget for foundation that day, the MUA dispensed some in an empty lip containers. You can put as little or as much as you like on. Because of the rosey colour. it can sit over a blush well. Definitely gonna be my next purchase :)

on 2/23/2012 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this as I was about to leave Sephora in SF the other day and I couldn't resist. My skin has been really dry for quite a while and I wanted something to make it GLOW. Although this was a bit pricey, I've decided I'm going to just keep it just because of the amazing results I got. I mixed this with my foundation and it gives my cheeks a nice shimmer and glow. I couldn't stop staring at my cheeks, I just fell in love with this product. You don't even need to use a lot, a little goes a long way. It's just amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift this past holiday and I really do love it. It's light, sheer and gives a very natural, dewy looking glow which is exactly what I was looking for. I apply it to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose and it makes my skin look fresh and glowing. My only issue with it is the price, about $25 for the tube. I cringe at spending more than $10 on a cosmetic, but this has pretty much become my HG illuminator and I'm not about to waste money to experiment on other products that I might not even like as much. I can't say how long this has lasted me since I'm nowhere near finished with the tube, but despite my complaints about the price, when I do run out, I will be purchasing again

on 2/18/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The illuminator looks natural yet noticeable, and is great for creating a dewy look. It's runnier than other liquid illuminators I've tried, but it's a plus because it allows you to apply it sheer or build it up. It's a little pricey, but you get a ton of product and it definitely lasts.

EDIT:
I wrote that review the day I purchased it, and looking back it's unhelpful and kinda sucks. Since then, it has become my HG, can't-step-outside-without-it, discontinued-is-not-an-option product. Here we go:

I still think it makes skin look gorgeous and dewy, and it has light peach and gold undertones-- also plays wonderfully with neutral tones. It is NOT runnier than most other highlighters (although Nars Copacabana is thicker) doesn't have as a traditional highlighting effect; it's not as shimmery and is more sheer than, say, Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer, Benefit That Gal, or Benefit High Beam, to name a few. But this is a plus because you can build it up to get a more intense effect.
I also realize the packaging has been upgraded and I love the new flip-top, small spout design. I owned the original screw-cap tube and I'd get an illuminator volcano every other time I tried to squeeze some out. Seems they've taken care of that now.
A tube will still last you 'til the apocalypse. I had my first one for a little over a year and was only about halfway through when I lost it *weeps*.