3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

got a travel/sample size from a friend. i mix the illuminator into my urban decay foundation in shade 6. i feel that there is very little difference. i think i look slightly more glowy but honestly i wouldn't spend this price for that because it's only alittle different, it's a waste of money. however i love the colour of orgasm, it's super beautiful. i am considering to try super orgasm / Copacabana as they are lighter & they might work better for me. this does not work well as highlighter for me as they bare showed up on my skin & i'm a person that love strong highlights. they are buildable but i wouldn't spend time to do that.. it would be good for people who prefers light highlighting. overall this is a ok product, 5/10 but i wouldnt recommend.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I have a deluxe sample of this product I've been milking for a couple years (at least). I don't use it frequently, but I do rather adore it. And I'll tell you why! The color is a GORG peachy-pinky-gold, and the pigment is suspended in a weird gel-liquid concoction that melds with skin, diffusing both the pigment and shimmer. So when you apply it, it somehow looks very similar to real live dewy skin, tropical vacation style. I have a Becca liquid highlight, and it's very different from that formula. Granted, it's a subtle highlight for sure. It's slightly glossy, vs. BAM look I highlighted. It's sheer enough that it would work for a variety of skin tones. It's pricy, the lasting power is not that great, and the product separates in the tube after a while, but I've had mine for forevs.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I use this illuminator (orgasm) as a blush on my NC25 skin. I do not like to use blushes but this gives a (very) sheer color which I prefer. You get a beautiful glow with this, but if you want to use this as a highlighter I recommend the Multiple stick (especially copacabana) instead. I also mix this with my foundation and I get the most dewy glowy luminous finish!!! The shade does not change if you do this method.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Ugh! I'm glad I got this free because I would be SO sad if I paid good money for it. It's shiny, gloppy, brings out EVERY PORE, and just does not work on my oily skin. I will give this a try on my honeymoon in Mexico this spring because I don't see how else this highlighter could work unless you wore it over minimal makeup in the summer. I tried it for day, and it just make me a peachy, glittery mess. I LOVE the blush version of this, too! So it's not the shade. I tried it for night and it make me look way too sparkly. If you are going to spend the money on a highlighter, go with Benefit Watt's Up! instead. Easier to apply, a better finish, and way more product. I was very disappointed in this product, especially since I LOVE Nars.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

Honestly, this barely shows up. And it stays for like, a minute. I get more shine from the cheap glitter makeup at Claire's in the mall.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

This Illuminator leaves a very dewy finish on the skin with subtle peachy-gold tones. It goes on beautiful, is easy to blend (you can use your fingers), and is ideal for a quick, no-fuss make up day. I have olive skin but am prone to red cheeks so I tend to avoid blush for this reason. I bought this to add a little colour to my cheeks without making me look like I had run a marathon while still giving me a glowy completion. It dose just that! and it's super pretty and can be used as a body highlighter too. However, my only concern is that it does not last all day and you will have to re-apply. If this isn't an issue then this is a beautiful product from Nars. I personally prefer the staying power of a powder, so I'd suggest either purchasing the Nars Orgasm blush, the Nars multiple or another powder based Illuminator.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

5 years ago

not worth the price at all and very upset with my purchase. it doesn't even show up on my skin, I wish I had gotten it in store instead of online. not worth the price for the little (nothing for me) that it does. definitely returning.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

5 years ago

i agree with all the other reviewers here. this product is too sheer and don't really see any real outcome. not too sure if i'm using it right though. but on top of my makeup it doesn't do much in terms of illuminating anything. i would not purchase this again edit: i would assume this just helps with the dewy look and have been using it after my moisturizer, before my foundation 7/10

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I honestly don't see the point in this product. I bought it online and when i got it it was just a little plastic bottle of shimmer. I used it on the top of my cheekbones and it just looked like i had glitter on my face. I only used a tiny bit... maybe I'll try it under my foundation next time to see if it makes me more glowy. But as illuminators go I'd prefer a cream highlighter.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

5 years ago

The price was too steep for just a little bottle of shimmer. This shade was too dark for my NC15 skin to use as an illuminator, it looked like a bronzer instead. I thought about exchanging it for copacabana but when I swatched it in-store, it was FAR too shimmery to be taken seriously.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral