Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki
So Baked Bronzer - TikiSo Baked Bronzer - TikiSo Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.3

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 12/28/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not know if I just got a bad one or something because I cannot get anything to show up... I have tried building it up but still get nothing. I scraped off the top layer thinking that would help. Now all I get is a few pieces of glitter here and there, which is not cute. Not worth the money nor the hassle.

on 12/17/2016 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

*Update*. I used this again this morning with a different foundation and it actually looked really nice. Gave a subtle, but very nice sheen. I think I must have got use to those full on beaming, light reflecting beacons of a highlighter haha. I love those too, but this one is very nice for a naturally healthy skin look. The real test.... will my mom compliment when I wear it! She use to every time I wore it. We will see....

Did the formula of this product change? 2-3 years ago this was my own highlighter. At that time I had to be careful not to over do it. I just repurchased and it doesn't seem the same at all. I'm going to keep playing with it, may just turn into a cleavage highlighter haha! I also bought the Elf Highlighting palette today. It's pretty nice. Also a subtle highlighter but seems to offer more pigmentation. I've been using a highlighter I picked up from Sally's mainly for about a year and a half. It's really amazing, just wish the texture was more fine & soft. Maybe that one just outshines Tiki now?

love this. it doesn't show up very well without some building up, which can look powdery and yucky. but over all it gives a lovely glow to my face.

on 9/12/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I definitely would not classify this as a bronzer because it is more like a highlighter/luminizer. I use this to give my skin an overall glow with a large fluffy brush. It is not too shimmery or glittery and provides just the right amount of warmth and glow. For my skintone (light/medium), it doesn't show up as a very intense highlighter on the cheekbones unless I really build it up, which can look a bit powdery on the skin. I just prefer a light overall dusting to give my skin some life. I bought this for $9.97CAD at Walmart and I think overall, for the amount of product, it is worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a highlighter, and it adds a beautiful glow to my face! I find that I do have to apply it a bit heavy-handedly if I want it to show up, since it isn't that pigmented. But other than that, I love it. You also get a lot of product for the price, which is a huge bonus. A lot of other highlighters I've tried have been too glittery, whereas this one is shimmery and more subtle. It is definitely my HG highlighter.

on 7/1/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am very pale and using a bronzer is just impossible for me, everything looks too dark. This is perfect it gives me a natural glow and a hint of colour without looking too obvious. I apply it with a large fluffy brush focusing on my cheekbones and then dusting the access around the rest of my face. I also like to use this as a quick eyeshadow to give my lids a bit of colour. I wish it was a touch less glittery, some of the shimmer/glitter particles are a little large for my taste but otherwise it's perfect. Would repurchase.

on 6/24/2016 7:12:00 PM

I purchased this from the very beginning when this started receiving hype! And I still have it and there's still a lot of product left in it. I used to use this every single day. I recently took it out again to wear and I noticed that this doesn't give me that highlighted glow that my other highlighters gave me(now that highlighters have become a thing the last few years) this is great for a subtle glow for everyday use. However, I heard this product contains mineral oil which is why it's rated 3 instead of 4 :(

on 4/28/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product, especially the shade, it's warm yellow that doesn't verge into orange territory. It's a bit powdery, as in it does fly around in small poofs when I swirl my brush in, but the powder is soooo fine that it doesn't make that bad of a mess. It feels super smooth and soft, no discernible glitter or even shimmer at all. As a result, the glow it gives off is very very subtle. For reference, I have ELF's Moonlight Pearl, for my taste Monlight Pearl is already quite on the dialed down side, this one is even softer than that. I use this even on days I have several hormone-fuel acne on the perimeter of my face and it does not accentuate any of that nasty texture, same for my pores, I can even use this lightly to highlight the most wicked under eye bag.
I'm very pale and have yellow undertone (I'm Asian and the warmest Asian person would still have more yellow undertone in their skin than the most cool-toned white person), I can pile this on and on, it's never too much, that's how gentle and forgiving this product is. I can only use this as a highlight as many people do at the end of summer, when I've accumulated as much a tan as I could. The rest of the time, it is a bronzer on me, or I use it as an all over finishing powder. A bit disappointed because I did buy it for its highlighting property fame, but no matter, as it is such a fantastic product. Another plus is the pan holds 13 grams. I'm not one for subtlety and use a heavy hand every time, yet it's been about 6 months and I hardly made any progress at putting a dent in it, let alone hitting pan any time soon. A tad pricier for drugstore but it lasts for a really long time.
Overall, I'm absolutely enamoured. Will definitely repurchase this when I run out, and highly recommend it, especially if it works with your skin tone.

on 3/22/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I hate to be a party pooper, but I just do not like this! Very powdery and does not impart enough glow. The little highlight that does show up on my skin looks grayish on me, which isn't a good thing, lol. If you can ignore the chalkiness of this highlighter, and have light skintone, it would work better for you. I have medium/tan complexion, and I don't like it on myself.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This was my HG highlighter when I first started getting into highlighters. Since then however, I found products that are more finely milled and give a better sheen to the skin. This is now a little to subtle for my taste, but I love that there isn't any glitter or shimmer in this product. Its great for an everyday highlighter, but I definitely prefer my Becca Pressed highlighters and the MUFE highlighters to this. Makeup Revolution has great highlighters on a budget too.