Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki
image 1image 2image 3

4.4

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a highlighter, and it adds a beautiful glow to my face! I find that I do have to apply it a bit heavy-handedly if I want it to show up, since it isn't that pigmented. But other than that, I love it. You also get a lot of product for the price, which is a huge bonus. A lot of other highlighters I've tried have been too glittery, whereas this one is shimmery and more subtle. It is definitely my HG highlighter.

on 7/1/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am very pale and using a bronzer is just impossible for me, everything looks too dark. This is perfect it gives me a natural glow and a hint of colour without looking too obvious. I apply it with a large fluffy brush focusing on my cheekbones and then dusting the access around the rest of my face. I also like to use this as a quick eyeshadow to give my lids a bit of colour. I wish it was a touch less glittery, some of the shimmer/glitter particles are a little large for my taste but otherwise it's perfect. Would repurchase.

To Read all 131 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/24/2016 7:12:00 PM

I purchased this from the very beginning when this started receiving hype! And I still have it and there's still a lot of product left in it. I used to use this every single day. I recently took it out again to wear and I noticed that this doesn't give me that highlighted glow that my other highlighters gave me(now that highlighters have become a thing the last few years) this is great for a subtle glow for everyday use. However, I heard this product contains mineral oil which is why it's rated 3 instead of 4 :(

on 4/28/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product, especially the shade, it's warm yellow that doesn't verge into orange territory. It's a bit powdery, as in it does fly around in small poofs when I swirl my brush in, but the powder is soooo fine that it doesn't make that bad of a mess. It feels super smooth and soft, no discernible glitter or even shimmer at all. As a result, the glow it gives off is very very subtle. For reference, I have ELF's Moonlight Pearl, for my taste Monlight Pearl is already quite on the dialed down side, this one is even softer than that. I use this even on days I have several hormone-fuel acne on the perimeter of my face and it does not accentuate any of that nasty texture, same for my pores, I can even use this lightly to highlight the most wicked under eye bag.
I'm very pale and have yellow undertone (I'm Asian and the warmest Asian person would still have more yellow undertone in their skin than the most cool-toned white person), I can pile this on and on, it's never too much, that's how gentle and forgiving this product is. I can only use this as a highlight as many people do at the end of summer, when I've accumulated as much a tan as I could. The rest of the time, it is a bronzer on me, or I use it as an all over finishing powder. A bit disappointed because I did buy it for its highlighting property fame, but no matter, as it is such a fantastic product. Another plus is the pan holds 13 grams. I'm not one for subtlety and use a heavy hand every time, yet it's been about 6 months and I hardly made any progress at putting a dent in it, let alone hitting pan any time soon. A tad pricier for drugstore but it lasts for a really long time.
Overall, I'm absolutely enamoured. Will definitely repurchase this when I run out, and highly recommend it, especially if it works with your skin tone.

on 3/22/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I hate to be a party pooper, but I just do not like this! Very powdery and does not impart enough glow. The little highlight that does show up on my skin looks grayish on me, which isn't a good thing, lol. If you can ignore the chalkiness of this highlighter, and have light skintone, it would work better for you. I have medium/tan complexion, and I don't like it on myself.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This was my HG highlighter when I first started getting into highlighters. Since then however, I found products that are more finely milled and give a better sheen to the skin. This is now a little to subtle for my taste, but I love that there isn't any glitter or shimmer in this product. Its great for an everyday highlighter, but I definitely prefer my Becca Pressed highlighters and the MUFE highlighters to this. Makeup Revolution has great highlighters on a budget too.

on 1/30/2016 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I happened to be at walmart and grabbed this one a whim, when I got home I was afraid it would be too dark and gold to use as a highlighter but it turned out to be perfect. You can use it for a soft subtle or major glow. It is a little powdery but it doesn't apply that way so it doesn't bother me. I guess $9 might be a little pricey for drugstore but you get so much product and it's definitely worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an amazing highlight. The product may be labeled as a "bronzer" but it is far from it! This is the perfect glowy highlight. It brings life back into your face even when youre feeling like absolute crap. And since its baked you can use it with a wet brush to make it more intense. Packaging is a bit bulky so thats why I scored it low

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVED this product because it was so dewy and perfectly yellow for my NC20 skin but OMG they changed the color and the packaging and I'm so mad. It has more noticeable shimmer, and is not yellow but more of a pink neutral color. This product was amazing and Hard Candy ruined it. frustrated.

on 1/2/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using this before I was using the Becca Champagne Pop and I did love it. I bought this on a whim because my Physician's Formula glow pearls was just not cutting it. This highlighter though, was really pigmented and gave me that perfect glow. It did not take much product to give me a glow like the PF glow pearls did. However, it did not match my pale twin sister and she's only maybe 4 shades paler than me. On her, it looked like a weird goldish eyeshadow had been spread across her cheek bones. I did really enjoy this, but compared to my Champagne Pop, I would not repurchase. Also, the packaging sucks. I dropped it once while I was standing and the product completely came off the pan. It's a mess to use now. I have passed it along to my older sister. If you are tight on money and are not completely fair skinned, give this highlighter a go. It is a cult favorite for a reason :D