Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 3/8/2016 2:17:00 AM

Love, love, love this stuff! I use the light/natural version, and it tones down my pink/reddish skin beautifully because of the yellow-toned base. I'm not certain that I'd buy it as a moisturizer; I'm using it as a sunscreen because its base is Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide, which is what my dermatologist recommended. It doesn't break me out or make my skin oily, and because of the tint, there is no whitish tint on the skin with the sunscreen. It's taken me years and years to find a sunscreen I loved this much!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple product for me on light-to-no-makeup days. It's long-lasting, natural-looking, and provides decent coverage for a tinted moisturiser. The SPF content is high, and I like that it contains both physical and chemical sunscreens. The physical sunscreen ingredients do give it a 'sunscreen-y' smell, but I don't find it too strong.
It does look slightly greasy, but I use this when I need something sweatproof - so this blends right in with planned perspiration. (I definitely do not want to use something heavy and matte in such situations.)

The packaging isn't too attractive, but I find that the simplicity is suitable for active events--which are what I use this for the most--because it doesn't seem inappropriately vain.

Unfortunately, it seems that Physicians Formula has discontinued the shade Ivory to Fair, which worked the best for me, as well as one other shade. The shade range was already extremely limited, and now there are only two shades available.

To Read all 175 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/6/2015 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Full disclosure: I'm a Laura Mercier TM snob. However, if you're looking to economize and you really don't need to wear $40 makeup everyday, this is a very close second. The only drawback is the ickyness you feel when you first glide it on. But in 10 minutes, it's gorgeous and leaves a dewy natural look. I'm not one for pancake makeup so if you're like me and just looking to even out tone, this is for you.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I went to the states back in the spring and was so excited to get my hands on this because I had been wanting to try it for the longest time and for whatever reason we don`t carry this one in Canada. I went to Ulta and bought both the light/medium and tan. I now wish I only bought one to try out. It`s VERY oily and heavily scented. I could get away with using it if I load up on powder and blot every couple of hours. Coverage is decent for a tinted moisturizer, but it`s too slippery to stay in place on my face. It didn`t break me out, however I will not repurchase because I`d rather not have my face looking like I slathered oil on it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Tinted greasy in a bottle. This was like adding a tacky goo all over my face. It was not a good shade and looked very poor on the skin even after setting it.
This made my setting powders stick to it in a weird way and accented pores

on 6/10/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What's nice is the tint, but what also sucks is the tint -- it tends to rub off onto clothes. I'd hug my boyfriend and there'd be a big stain on his shirt.

on 5/9/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is great so far! It blends easily into my skin and leaves a luminous even tone on me. I bought the light to natural, it's a perfect match on my light olive skin tone. I also bought the medium to tan, with the intention to use on vacation in Hawaii. I may need it after a few days in the sun. As long as this doesn't break me out, this may be my new go to TM instead of using foundation. I love that I can skip my spf step! I'll use it for a month and then post a follow up review.

This is my favorite foundation currently, and I've tried a LOT. (: PROS: Good coverage. (It covers my acne scars well.) It doesn't crease in fine lines! EVERY foundation or tinted moisturizer I have used, has creased horribly. And I'm 29, not 40, so my makeup should help me look my best, not 10+ years older. Also it has 50 spf! Huge bonus. It's not thick. Personally, I like a light, natural feel of makeup to my face. This is perfect for that.

CONS: Is a little greasy feeling due to the spf, but it's non-comodenic (doesn't block pores). Looks best with a setting powder so you aren't shiny from the spf. You have to shake it to distribute the spf and tint evenly. It's very hard to find. I had to go on eBay or the Physicians Formula website. some might find it in Wal-Mart, TJ max, etc. if you are lucky. All in all, I will be purchasing again.

Great coverage, great SPF for UVA/UVB, good price, and non-comedogenic. My ONE complaint is the color range. I'm on the fair side, so the light-natural is still too dark. But this is a wonderful product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is what i use everyday. I like how it comes with spf 50 in it. It gives somewhere in the middle of lightish-medium coverage. I think it gives my skin a glowy & dewy finish, and makes me look more healthy. The packaging is ok, could be a lot better. I bought this for about $12 at CVS but Ive also seen it at Wal-Mart and Walgreens. I would repurchase