Almay Smart Shade Smart Shade Anti-aging SPF 20

Almay Smart Shade Smart Shade Anti-aging SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.9%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Trisiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone, C13 15 Isoparaffin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Sodium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Alumina, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide 5, Oligopeptide 24, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Pisum Sativum Extract (Pea), Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Leutkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract (Sweet Almond), Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pentylene Glycol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer, Galactoarabinan, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyisobutene, C10 30 Isoparaffin, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

FULL REVIEW / Impression:
I'm really (REALLY) into makeup so when I had the chance to buy this foundation at a cheaper price, I took it. Honestly, I was really skeptical about this product before buying due to the 'smart shade' bussiness but finally convinced myself to try it. Thanks to the makeup gods I did!

I must admit that at first it feels a little tacky and smell a little weird (not bad, just weird) but believe me this is a really nice product. I have only worn it once and I am fascinated!

-The Smart Shade is for real, no kidding. You literally see it turn your shade the second you start applying it on your skin.

-It is medium coverage, nothing out of this world in that sense but, the finish is soooo natural looking it is like your skin but much better.

-It is not completely matte neither is it dewy which I, personally, adore.

-I wore it all day and without any setting powder and it stood in place all day; no creasing, no patchy-ness.

-I think it is perfect for makeup Beginners as well as people that are very into makeup since it is not heavy on the skin.

-It is so easy to apply. I say 'easy to apply' because some foundations are just so thick and tacky you have to blend in for so long before it even looks decent...

PROS:
- amazing color match
- looks natural
- good coverage
- goes on smooth
- moisturizes

CONS:
- greasy
- shiny
- creates breakouts
- too heavy

Would love this makeup if it wasn't so heavy and oily. I rarely get pimples. Maybe one every few months but while I was wearing this I broke out all over my face with tiny pimples. I was looking for a light foundation to even out my skin tone a bit not to hide blemishes so this makeup was pretty pointless since it made my skin worse.

However I could see it being good for people with super dry skin. And the color changing is mind blowing.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/16/2016 5:21:00 PM

I love this product and have been using the product for a year. I have tried many foundations including high-end ones which have ended up in the trash. My daughter told me about this product; however, since I am 67, I was concerned that it would not be suitable for me and would collect in my lines. Well it does not.

My face tends to be dry with reddish areas and this foundation conceals it. I do use a concealer on any dark spots. This product provides moisture plus SPF 20 protection. The tube lasts about eight (8) weeks.

I apply this product once a day and it lasts until I wash it off at night.

This product is reasonably priced amd offers discount coupons occassionally.

on 3/5/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation,not only is it shear, but is a perfect match. I have a drawer full of foundations,from expensive department store brands to drug store brands,and this IS my favorite. I am surprised at the negative reviews,as I have a couple of friends on my suggestion that now use this product ,and love it too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I picked up this item to see how it would work on my oily/dry skin. I'm looking for something, since I need that help. It was pretty cheap and so what the heck...I should of reconsidered.

First, it did cover the redness and blended in with my skin tone very well. I got the light/medium.

Secondly, it didn't cover the dark spot on my cheek, it actually ENHANCED it. Big no-no for me. My oils seemed to keep it "wet", I brushed my hand over my cheek and I had the cream on my hand, I haven't encountered this problem with anything before. It did look caked on my face and I just don't want anything that looks obvious. The shimmer, you know honestly, I didn't think I'd dislike it, but my face looks that shiny naturally with my oils.

Not for me,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought it in hopes that it would become an easy morning option for both city sun protection and some coverage for my dryish skin. Well it didn't work neither way. The application is cakey and the coverage is more than I wanted. It also makes my skin look flat although it's stuffed with shimmer (!!!). It clings to eyebrows and dry patches too. For a decent sun protection one should use a lot of product which is no problem with lighter foundations or TMs like my favorite Paula's Choice Barely There Tint 30 SPF. Here with Almay I just can't use a lot because of dry and heavy feeling it goes with. And lastly it cause mild redness in my rosacea prone area around nose. Returning to the store!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This foundation is the bomb. Iti s full coverage and very blendable. I have oily skin and it is perfect for that. I have light olive skin and I use 200 and the shade matches my skin perfectly. Price is great. Have repurchased this item.

on 6/25/2014 5:58:00 AM

Great product ! My friends use this product and recommended me to give it a try. Everything is worth regarding price, quality. I am great fan as well as user of this product and recmmends further.

on 6/9/2014 10:12:00 PM

I am a 50 year old woman with combination skin. This foundation is horrible!!! I bought it because I read good reviews but the truth is that this product sucks. I applied it with my fingers and blended easily but when i finished the application my face looked greasy and sparkling!!! Yes! Lots and lots of shimmer . Itvmade me look older and with a sweating look , not fresh . I tried to take it off with soft soap but it was impossible, then i put cold cream all over my face and retired the product with effort. I!ll never buy it again. My best drugstore foundation alternatives are: revlon Colorstay combination, l'oreal infallible 16 hr and max factor lasting performance .

on 6/4/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

ALMAY SUCKS : smart shade cc concealer + brightner, smart shade CC cream, smart shade anti aging makeup, wake up undereye concealer, smart shade perfect & correct primer.
The only good product was the regular Smart Shade makeup.
The anti aging made my face orange