Weleda Nappy change cream

1 review

on 12/3/2009 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a miracle cream. Thanks to the wonderful nailbunny and her extraordinary notepad I started looking into using nappy/zinc cream for my rosacea. Well, the results are simply amazing. In less than a week my skin has gone from red, inflamed, burning, itching, being dry and oily at the same time, to light pink, soft, smooth, no excess oil, no flaky patches.
Let me tell you, I've tried just about everything over the years from HE to DS brands, chemical-laden to organic and then back again. Nothing has helped more than temporarily. Then, thanks to nailbunny, I did some research on the internet about rosacea and zinc, and it seems many people have been helped by using a sunscreen containing zinc.
Since I didn't have any at home, I dug out my tube of Weleda nappy cream, which contains 12% zinc. I took about half a pea-size of cream, mixed it with 3-4 drops of macadamia nut oil (again, a wonderful find that I thank nailbunny for!) and put the mixture on my clean face. The effect was instant. My skin went from red and irritated to c-a-l-m in just a matter of seconds. And the effect lasted well into the next morning!
Since then my face has gotten smoother and better looking by the hour. The mixture of the Weleda cream and the MNO works great underneath my mineral foundation, and it actually makes the minerals last even longer without touch-ups or blotting throughout the day. I use the same mixture at night. At first I was afraid I'd become dry, but my skin is actually less dry than ever before.
I've worn foundation every single day for the past two decades. This morning I woke up and looked into the mirror. Despite the weather being very cold and dry here at the moment, my skin was soft and calm and only a little pink, compared to the bright tomato red I've had to deal with for the past 20 years. I even contemplated going out without my foundation, and that's saying a lot for me!
If you've got rosacea and have tried everything to no avail, you should give this cream a go. You can mix it with your favorite oil (olive, jojoba, whatever you prefer) or with your moisturizer.
I'm usually breakout prone, but this has calmed down every single spot I had on my face. Do read the ingredient list carefully though, since it contains beeswax and lanolin, as well as essential oils.
Ingredients: water, sweet almond oil, sesame seed oil, zinc oxide 12%, beeswax, lanolin, glyceryl linoleate, hectorite, calendula flower extract, chamomile flower extract, essential oils for fragrance (= limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate and geraniol).

Popular Body Skincare Products