TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

This dry shampoo really doesn't do its job, especially where absorbing oil is concerned. In fact, my hair always ends up looking even greasier after massaging it in, to be honest. Using baby powder has worked wonders compared to this product. I do not recommend this for anyone.

It is definitely "dry" shampoo. The smell is strong but not terrible, and it really does get the grease out of your hair BUT it turns it into a sticky mess. It's practically hairspray that "cleans" your hair. After using I can't even run my fingers through my hair without it getting knotty or messed up.

To Read all 533 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/18/2016 12:58:00 AM

Pros:
1. Does the work. Just like any other dry shampoo, it keeps the oils at bay and gives a splash of fresh scent to your hair.
2. Comes in a pressurized canister bottle, which is very convenient.
3. Acts as an anti-frizz as well.

Cons:
1. For those who hate strong scents, this may not be the product for you.
2. More expensive than other drugstore brands.

This product does the job but there are other drugstore brands of equal quality with lower price points. I would prefer the cheaper ones like Dove.

on 1/19/2016 5:38:00 PM

It really does nothing to my hair except for leave noticeable white spots even after brushing and working the product into my roots.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HORRID AWFUL GARBAGE THAT I WOULDN'T LET TOUCH MY HAIR WITH A TEN FOOT POLE. The point of dry shampoo is to use it so you don't have to wash your hair, spray this in and you'll have to wash this sticky gross crap out of your locks or risk looking like a greasy crazy person with dusty roots. Sorry it got emotional there, used this last minute when I was out on a date and noticed I had a bit of shine, cue to my spraying it in the bathroom only to cover my hair in what I can only describe as talcum powder mixed with hairspray. Embarrassment ensued.

The smell isn't bad but the product is wooooeful. It gave me hair woes.

on 12/27/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm late to the game because this is my first dry shampoo but it does what it says. My hair was very oily three weeks ago because I didn't wash it regularly because of my hectic exam schedule, and this was a life saver. It made my hair presentable and smelled fairly nice. Shake it before use like it says and spray section by section. Comb.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've purchased this dry shampoo many times, so I can give it a fair review. I mainly keep buying because of the price. It's a good price for what you get. This product does a good job of absorbing oil and has a pleasant scent to it. I have dark hair so with any dry shampoo I have to be very careful with how I apply it. This one can get very white if you are heavy handed. It's generic and gets the job done. I like it. I am going to explore other brands, though to see what else is out there and if I'm missing out on anything. I think back in the day I used to use the Suave one which was worse, I do like this one better.

this product is horrible! It makes my hair look more oily and flat then it was before. Also the smell is way too overwhelming. Do yourself a favor, save your money and don't buy this dry shampoo.

on 8/3/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This made my hair feel clumpy and heavy, and my scalp feel really weird. Kind of like it was coated in wax or something, it was just really uncomfortable. It also made my hair look like a seriously greasy mess. I ended up throwing it out because there's no way I could give it away without feeling like a jerk haha.

on 8/3/2015 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate this product. It was the first ever dry shampoo I used so I didn't no what it should feel like after but now that I have branched out to others I strongly dislike this product. The smell isn't that nice and the texture it leaves your hair gives the oppose effect of its purpose. It's so crunchy and still feels greasy although doesn't look it. For the price you can get better ones for cheaper such as the Dove one !

Video Reviews & Tutorials