Kat Von D Memento Mori

Kat Von D Memento Mori
Kat Von D: Memento Mori

3.8

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I do love this palette. I actually like all of her palettes. The texture of the shadows are very soft. Silky to the touch and blend like a dream. The pigmentation is good for the darker shadows but the lilac one isn't very pigmented so you may have to pack it on or use it it as a highlight. I gave this a 4 because I actually had the crap out of the cream shadow that was with it. It creases and I actually ended up with some of it smudged under my lower lashline when it was only applied to my eyelid. Overall great palette for us shimmer lovers. You get tons of product so you probably won't need to repurchase for a while

on 8/26/2011 11:04:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora when it was on sale for $15, as I was a bit nervous about plunking down $35 after reading a few iffy reviews here and at Sehora. Overall, I love the colors in this palette. The shades are versatile, and I can do at least three completely separate looks without having to reach for another palette, which is always a plus for me. "Meditation" which is the bronze shade has been my go-to color for a couple of weeks, and "Sugar Skull" is a great color to highlight my browbone with. My only complaint about this palette is the cream shadow "True"...it's such a gorgeous color and I loved it....for the ONE WEEK before it dried up and cracked. I'm tempted to buy the "Poetica" palette. I really like this palette, but the cream shadows need to be completely reformulated or taken out of the palettes altogether, IMHO.

on 3/9/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love these!! At first I was confused about the cream shadow but I figured out that it looks lovely to layer the far left cream shadow and then the light purple shadow over it! Excellent color payoff this way! Case is cute, but as another reviewer mentioned, takes practice to easily open.
EDIT* knocking this down to a 4 since I have found these to be more sheer than many of the other eyeshadows I have since acquired.

on 11/28/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't buy very many shadows this year because I fell like I have all the shades, but I found this palette to be very unique. The majority of the shadows have high pigmentation, perhaps with the exception of the purple shades. I was kinda confused as to what to do with the cream shadow, it seemed to be a very sheer wash of color. All of the shades were very sparkly and pretty. These shadows also wear very long without primer. I felt no need to reapply. The case is also had to open, but you get the hang of it with a few tries.

So glad I got this palette before it went out. The colors are soft & beautiful. I enjoy building them up to make a really dramatic look. Kat Von D always puts some amazing colors to use in her palettes.

on 3/23/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I adore this palette. The white packaging as opposed to her usual black palettes caught my eye and made me decide to give it a try. I love the colors, but wish they had been better matched with one another. I always feel I need to reach for another palette or additional shadows to create a full eye look using this palette. I'd prefer being able to grab one palette and be able to finish my eyeshadow look with the one palette. The colors are lovely. But like her other palettes, that pesky cream shadow dried up rather quickly.
I would repurchase this palette.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this product as a gift from a friend, though I had been eyeing it for some time. I have had it now for about 4-5 months and have used it on a number of occasions.

CONS: While I do enjoy most of the colors, I have found the cream shadow "true" to be a huge disapointment. Perhaps mine is defective, but I find it to be dry, waxy, and basically useless. Which is sad because in the pan in is such an amazing color. Also, the pale lavendar color "solitude" did not live up to my hopes for it. In the pan it's a lovely, delicate purple with a tiny hint of shimmer, but when applied, it really doesn't look like much.

PROS: That said, the other six colors are nice and very pigmented. My favorite is "hard luck", a pretty dark grey-green shimmer.

This is my first Kat Von D palette and I am inlove. I will now have to get them all! lol. I love this palette. I got this one because for my first palette from her I wanted a selection of colors. It's beautiful. Kat Von D you rock!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lovely colours, but I don't find them to be very pigmented.
Staying power is okay, they don't crease or smudge.
Wouldn't buy again though.

In general, I love this palette. I've found it to be very pigmented, very blendable, and it has a very good variety of colors and textures. I was disappointed by Tijuana, though- I wore it all day today and it creased, even with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it. It's pain to open, but that's not the biggest deal in the world. Overall, this is a great palette with some good shadows, and I'd certainly buy it again.