Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask
Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask

4.1

Water( aqua), kaolin, bentonite, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glyceryl stearate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cetearyl alcohol, PEG-20 stearate, phenoxyethenol, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, fragrance/parfum, methylparaben, tocopherol, cucumis sativus(cucumber) fruit extract, propylparaben, iron oxides(CI 77491), sodium chloride, citrus aurantium bergamia(bergamot), fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange)oil

I LOATHE this product and would discourage anyone with sensitive skin from purchasing!
On Monday evening, after reading lots of great reviews about this product, I went to my local Priceline store and picked it up. Excited to try out, I applied on cleansed skin all over my face. There was a slight burning/tingling sensation but after reading the packaging which said this was to be expected, I continued to let it dry and after about 15 minutes I washed it off. There wasn't a drastic change to my skin but it did look nice and clean. I applied my usual moisturiser and went to bed. WELL, the next morning I woke up to the most brutal case of dermatitis covering my ENTIRE face and neck region that I have ever had. Itchy, irritated little bumps which are unable to be covered by makeup. It is now Saturday and my skin is still horrendous. It is so bad in fact, that I am uncomfortable to even leave the house. As a result of the dreadful product, I have been forced to use antihistamines daily, along with a cortisone cream to reduce the inflammation. I am so infuriated that in this day and age, companies are clearly still using cheap, nasty fragrances and dodgy chemicals when this is the result of doing so. NEVER AGAIN WILL I TOUCH A 10.0.6 product!!!!!!

on 4/25/2016 2:39:00 PM

Fully decent kaolin mask. Does what it's supposed to- absorbs all the gunk out of my pores, leaves my skin feeling extra super clean. It isn't particularly harsh while doing the job either.

I do prefer Shiseido's The Skincare Purifying Mask or Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque to this one. But they are both pricey and this is a nice, more affordable alternative.

I'd buy it again. This is a quality product, superior to Queen Helene's Mint Julep IMO. It has a smooth, creamy-luxurious texture and doesn't irritate. My only complaint is that it doesn't rinse off very easily, it takes a little bit of work to remove every last trace. But it's a great product overall. Recommended!

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I happened upon the entire Formula 10.0.6 quite by accident in a rogue Ulta.com search. I last saw it in B&M stores back in the 1990s; I think just the ubiquitous toner but I put it out of my mind & was using the most awful clean & clear (which is like pouring battery acid on ur skin their toners are so harsh moved on to better stuff like Seabreeze, Dickensens witch hazel & Clinique ok I digress).

So yeah ok I blind bought about 1 of everything (& i have a backup of the Mattifying moisturizer!) needless to say I <3 10.0.6 all their products have been hits no misses I'm so beyond thrilled to find an affordable skin care line tailored to seemingly oily skin (it claims a lot of various dubious things on a bunch of the packaging mostly re: acne). This masque has a bright citrus scent, does not sting...I 1st cleanse my face w 10.0.6 best face fwd then I do this masque for 15mins use a washrag to easily remove. Instant skin brightener!! I follow w their yellow toner & Mattifying moisturizer for optimal results. It really does detox the skin my pores felt clean & my face is left feeling refreshed, refined & sparkly! I'm cheating on my other lover "Queen Helene Mint Julep" mud masque which I still hold in high esteem but I love doing masques so long as they are preparations pre made I don't do kitchen DIY home made masques. Masques are fun & a cool way to affordably pamper myself!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I like this mud mask. I use it once a week and the invigorating orange scent is quite a pick-me-up on Friday nights when I'm tired. This mask doesn't draw out moisture from my face, nor does it provide any hydrating or softening effects, but I have noticed that the number of blackheads on my nose decrease everytime I use it. It does what it says, it cleans pores. For the price it is quite high quality!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have sensitive and dry skin.

Although it might not be the best mud mask out there, it is the best I have tried in that price range. It improves my skin noticeable, leaving it softer, smoother and with less imperfections. But it doesn't completely banish pimples like some more expensive mudmasks can do.

It's white-beige-pink-ish and completely opaque, so you're gonna look pretty fun wearing it. There's probably a bit of perfume in it because it has a strong grapefruit scent that lingers throughout the wear. Sometimes it can feel slightly stingy on my skin. But it has never irritated it noticeable, rather my skin seems a bit less red after washing it of.

It dries the skin a bit, so it's necessary to follow up with a serum/moisturiser for me. But then again, that's kind of the point of clay masks.

Great product for the price!

on 1/8/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whenever I purchase inexpensive face masks I just expect something that will make me feel pampered for a few minutes and doesn't actually do anything. I expected the same from this one, but I have to say I really like it! Application is easy. The formula is so creamy it glides over your skin. You can definitely smell the orange, but I don't find it too bothersome. It might seem to sting a bit, but my face doesn't end up irritated or red. When it dries up it's not too uncomfortable, not like other face masks. I find it pretty easy to wash off too (takes a few washes, but at least you don't NEED a damp towel to wipe it off). Once it's washed off my face feels really soft and even looks a bit brighter, with my pores actually looking a bit smaller. Will repurchase!

on 12/28/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this face mask and the price makes it even better. I see a noticeable difference in my skin as soon as I take it off. The stinging sensation is a little alarming, but I've gotten used to it and I don't mind it nearly as much. If you want something to draw out the impurities in your skin while leaving it visibly brighter, this is definitely for you. My only complaint is how hard it can be to wash off, but that comes with the territory of mud masks in general.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I apply my FORMULA 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox mask once or twice a week in the evening; this is a cleansing mud mask with orange, bergamot, & sea salt. I mostly use this to cleanse my skin & to tighten my pores since I have oil, impurities, & dullness. I had to remind myself that even though it cleanses, it is just a mud mask & won't deliver any miracles or treat/cure acne—it won't clear up your skin; I'd consider it more of a pick-me-up. This cleans & tightens in my opinion.

Like any other mud mask, I put this on after I wash my face & pat it dry; I just apply it with my fingers. I leave this on for a little longer than normal… 15 to 20 minutes instead of 10 to 15 because I have oilier skin & want my noticeably huge pores that really need to be tightened. Anyway, after I wash it off, my skin looks & feels cleaner & softer.

Honestly, I was nervous to try this for the reason that I read several reviews stating that I would feel more of a pain &/or burning instead of a tingling. I have sensitive skin & anything that "tingles" usually ends up hurting me instead. Thankfully, this didn't make me too uncomfortable at all! I was mildly uncomfortable. It's definitely tolerable. I'm still, though, not going to apply this more than once or twice a week instead of three times or every other day.

This is my first & only product from this line, & so far I really like it! Because it's just $6 & it both brightens my skin & improves its appearance, I'd definitely repurchase. It's conveniently at stores like Walgreens, too! I recommend it…

This does nothing on my skin except dry it out.

on 7/21/2015 3:32:00 PM

Absolutely love this stuff! Reduces redness, tightens pores, and makes my face glow. I use it once a week before the weekend for a skin pick me up. And for the price, you can't beat it!