Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask
Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask

4.1

Water( aqua), kaolin, bentonite, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glyceryl stearate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cetearyl alcohol, PEG-20 stearate, phenoxyethenol, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, fragrance/parfum, methylparaben, tocopherol, cucumis sativus(cucumber) fruit extract, propylparaben, iron oxides(CI 77491), sodium chloride, citrus aurantium bergamia(bergamot), fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange)oil

on 2/19/2017 2:43:00 AM

I have mixed feelings on this product. For me- it is very inconsistent. Sometimes after using it my skin seems to look better than ever- pores minimized, black heads reduced, and it does leave my skin feeling very clean. However....that isn't always the case. Sometimes it seems like it does nothing at all. I do continue using it in the hope that it will do something great again for my skin. But I never know what to expect after applying it. It always does have a very pleasant scent- it smells very fresh, like orange blossoms. And I do think it would be good for oily skin, because it is extremely cleansing.

It's alright, I guess. I don't notice any changes in my skin. If you have active acne it may cause pimples to turn a bit redder, which lasts for maybe 10 minutes after you wash it off. I bought it to help with cleaning out clogged pores/drying out acne but it doesn't have much, if any of an effect.

I've been using this mask for a couple of weeks / 2-3 times a week before I go to bed at night. Overall, it hasn't made any change to my skin, and there's a slight sting / burn whilst I use it - which I've never experienced from a mask before. It left my skin feeling relatively clean but I achieve the same thing with a good face wash anyway.

on 12/14/2016 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is a good mask to have on hand for when your skin needs a little perking up, but nothing extreme. I tend to travel with either this or the Get Your Glow On mask from the same brand, as they're both the type of no nosense masks that are great for when you've only got a few minutes to spare. Deep Down Detox mask is a quick drying, creamy kaolin mask that doesn't dry completely stiff like many other clay masks do. It's not too abrasive either, despite the name. Perhaps that's thanks to a few soothing ingredients, apart from kaolin, like aloe and cucumber. There's a pleasant scent of orange (it contains bergamot and orange oil, but also perfume) that lingers while using the mask, without being overbearing. When washed off, my skin feels smooth and well cleansed, but not overly tight the way it sometimes does after using similar masks. It's a pleasant mask to use, but it's not a miracle worker. If you've tried other masks from Formula - I'd say this is way less abrasive and more pleasant to use than the aggressive Pores Be Pure mask, but less effective than the Get Your Glow On mask when it comes to visible results.

+ Cruelty free
+ Great price point
+ Cleanses without drying out
+ Generally not harsh (but maybe not suitable for super sensitive skin either)
+ The packaging, like all Formula's products, brightens up my bathroom shelves

- Has parabens
- The results are quite short-lived

I LOATHE this product and would discourage anyone with sensitive skin from purchasing!
On Monday evening, after reading lots of great reviews about this product, I went to my local Priceline store and picked it up. Excited to try out, I applied on cleansed skin all over my face. There was a slight burning/tingling sensation but after reading the packaging which said this was to be expected, I continued to let it dry and after about 15 minutes I washed it off. There wasn't a drastic change to my skin but it did look nice and clean. I applied my usual moisturiser and went to bed. WELL, the next morning I woke up to the most brutal case of dermatitis covering my ENTIRE face and neck region that I have ever had. Itchy, irritated little bumps which are unable to be covered by makeup. It is now Saturday and my skin is still horrendous. It is so bad in fact, that I am uncomfortable to even leave the house. As a result of the dreadful product, I have been forced to use antihistamines daily, along with a cortisone cream to reduce the inflammation. I am so infuriated that in this day and age, companies are clearly still using cheap, nasty fragrances and dodgy chemicals when this is the result of doing so. NEVER AGAIN WILL I TOUCH A 10.0.6 product!!!!!!

on 4/25/2016 2:39:00 PM

Fully decent kaolin mask. Does what it's supposed to- absorbs all the gunk out of my pores, leaves my skin feeling extra super clean. It isn't particularly harsh while doing the job either.

I do prefer Shiseido's The Skincare Purifying Mask or Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque to this one. But they are both pricey and this is a nice, more affordable alternative.

I'd buy it again. This is a quality product, superior to Queen Helene's Mint Julep IMO. It has a smooth, creamy-luxurious texture and doesn't irritate. My only complaint is that it doesn't rinse off very easily, it takes a little bit of work to remove every last trace. But it's a great product overall. Recommended!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I happened upon the entire Formula 10.0.6 quite by accident in a rogue Ulta.com search. I last saw it in B&M stores back in the 1990s; I think just the ubiquitous toner but I put it out of my mind & was using the most awful clean & clear (which is like pouring battery acid on ur skin their toners are so harsh moved on to better stuff like Seabreeze, Dickensens witch hazel & Clinique ok I digress).

So yeah ok I blind bought about 1 of everything (& i have a backup of the Mattifying moisturizer!) needless to say I <3 10.0.6 all their products have been hits no misses I'm so beyond thrilled to find an affordable skin care line tailored to seemingly oily skin (it claims a lot of various dubious things on a bunch of the packaging mostly re: acne). This masque has a bright citrus scent, does not sting...I 1st cleanse my face w 10.0.6 best face fwd then I do this masque for 15mins use a washrag to easily remove. Instant skin brightener!! I follow w their yellow toner & Mattifying moisturizer for optimal results. It really does detox the skin my pores felt clean & my face is left feeling refreshed, refined & sparkly! I'm cheating on my other lover "Queen Helene Mint Julep" mud masque which I still hold in high esteem but I love doing masques so long as they are preparations pre made I don't do kitchen DIY home made masques. Masques are fun & a cool way to affordably pamper myself!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I like this mud mask. I use it once a week and the invigorating orange scent is quite a pick-me-up on Friday nights when I'm tired. This mask doesn't draw out moisture from my face, nor does it provide any hydrating or softening effects, but I have noticed that the number of blackheads on my nose decrease everytime I use it. It does what it says, it cleans pores. For the price it is quite high quality!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have sensitive and dry skin.

Although it might not be the best mud mask out there, it is the best I have tried in that price range. It improves my skin noticeable, leaving it softer, smoother and with less imperfections. But it doesn't completely banish pimples like some more expensive mudmasks can do.

It's white-beige-pink-ish and completely opaque, so you're gonna look pretty fun wearing it. There's probably a bit of perfume in it because it has a strong grapefruit scent that lingers throughout the wear. Sometimes it can feel slightly stingy on my skin. But it has never irritated it noticeable, rather my skin seems a bit less red after washing it of.

It dries the skin a bit, so it's necessary to follow up with a serum/moisturiser for me. But then again, that's kind of the point of clay masks.

Great product for the price!

on 1/8/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whenever I purchase inexpensive face masks I just expect something that will make me feel pampered for a few minutes and doesn't actually do anything. I expected the same from this one, but I have to say I really like it! Application is easy. The formula is so creamy it glides over your skin. You can definitely smell the orange, but I don't find it too bothersome. It might seem to sting a bit, but my face doesn't end up irritated or red. When it dries up it's not too uncomfortable, not like other face masks. I find it pretty easy to wash off too (takes a few washes, but at least you don't NEED a damp towel to wipe it off). Once it's washed off my face feels really soft and even looks a bit brighter, with my pores actually looking a bit smaller. Will repurchase!