Rimmel Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

Rimmel Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

on 12/2/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try out more bullet lipsticks after always wearing tinted lip balms, followed by trying out lip stains with balm over them. Again and again, I tried to find the perfect color I had in my head for a lip color as well as something that would last at least a few hours through eating and drinking.

I read a lot of good reviews of Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks here and on Reddit. It consistently came up as one of the best lipstick formulas at any pricepoint.

Well . . . maybe bullet lipsticks just aren't my thing then?

The shade is a sheer bright warm reddish pink and (I think) can pass for MLBB on me (NC20) due to the sheerness. It has a classic "lipstick" smell I remember form my mom's lipsticks. Google says the "classic lipstick" smell is probably powdery iris and violet, though I'm not sure this scent is super floral. It smells very sweet and powdery and reminds me of Lancome lipsticks my mom wore in the 90s. The color payoff is that of the average tinted lip balm, and the finish is a slightly shimmery satin. I don't love the feel on my lips, but it's fairly light and unobtrusive, not moisturizing but not drying either.

I don't recommend it and wouldn't repurchase it because I feel I can get the same color from a tinted lip balm, with more hydration and comfort on my lips. This lipstick also doesn't last on my lips at all, but at this point I think it's my lips, not the products, as even Peripera Lip Stains don't last although every review claims they're impossible to get off. Also, I loathe the bulky package and think the purple plastic is super ugly, though I'm more picky about size than I am about aesthetics for lip products. Overall, this is sheer, comfortable, and I understand how it's not offensive or annoying as a lip product. However, due to the sheerness and lack of lasting power I would rather use a more hydrating tinted lip balm.

on 11/12/2010 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this lipstick! So many lipsticks seem drying to me, I have to have a feeling of moisture on my lips, however; gloss is too sticky for me. This is the perfect answer! I love this color -- fresh, wearable, everyday shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is great, and I love wearing brighter lip colors in the summer. The color appears like a nice rosy color, but on my lips it's almost a hot pink.This is very moisturizing and almost feels like a chap stick. It's not very long lasting, but I still think it is very good quality for drugstore. I bought it because it was not as expensive as other drugstore lipsticks ($7), but also because of the color, and I was not disappointed!