RIMMEL Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

Filtered by skin type : Dry
RIMMEL Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

3.8

on 5/20/2018 12:38:00 PM

I discovered this shade when there was a super sale at Walgreens. Wow the color is perfect for my light skin and blonde hair. It gives me that right pop of color that makes me look awake and fresh!! I’ve been looking for a replacement lipstick for a long time, mainly because when I find one I love, it’s discontinued shortly thereafter. So in this case, I’m not taking any chances, I’m stocking up!! By the way, on me it’s a corally rose, not too light or too dark. PERFECT!!

on 12/2/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try out more bullet lipsticks after always wearing tinted lip balms, followed by trying out lip stains with balm over them. Again and again, I tried to find the perfect color I had in my head for a lip color as well as something that would last at least a few hours through eating and drinking.

I read a lot of good reviews of Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks here and on Reddit. It consistently came up as one of the best lipstick formulas at any pricepoint.

Well . . . maybe bullet lipsticks just aren't my thing then?

The shade is a sheer bright warm reddish pink and (I think) can pass for MLBB on me (NC20) due to the sheerness. It has a classic "lipstick" smell I remember form my mom's lipsticks. Google says the "classic lipstick" smell is probably powdery iris and violet, though I'm not sure this scent is super floral. It smells very sweet and powdery and reminds me of Lancome lipsticks my mom wore in the 90s. The color payoff is that of the average tinted lip balm, and the finish is a slightly shimmery satin. I don't love the feel on my lips, but it's fairly light and unobtrusive, not moisturizing but not drying either.

I don't recommend it and wouldn't repurchase it because I feel I can get the same color from a tinted lip balm, with more hydration and comfort on my lips. This lipstick also doesn't last on my lips at all, but at this point I think it's my lips, not the products, as even Peripera Lip Stains don't last although every review claims they're impossible to get off. Also, I loathe the bulky package and think the purple plastic is super ugly, though I'm more picky about size than I am about aesthetics for lip products. Overall, this is sheer, comfortable, and I understand how it's not offensive or annoying as a lip product. However, due to the sheerness and lack of lasting power I would rather use a more hydrating tinted lip balm.

on 5/10/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have bought this lippie 3 times already! It is my fav on the go lipstick! I have fair rosy complexion and it is perfect for my skin type. It brightens me up and stays on all day!!

on 1/29/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to try Rimmel's lipsticks since I had heard they are less drying than other drugstore lipsticks. I picked up this color, swatched it thinking it would be a MLBB but it is actually pretty rosy and bold.. definately don't feel comfortable wearing this without wiping a bit off and wearing it as a stain. It does apply a little gritty like other ppl were complaining about and there is a smell although all lipsticks in drugstores have weird smells (esp l'oreals) but I can look past that. I will have to try to figure out how to use it up, but I would not repurchase..