Rimmel Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

Rimmel Moisture Renew - Rose Blush

on 12/2/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to try out more bullet lipsticks after always wearing tinted lip balms, followed by trying out lip stains with balm over them. Again and again, I tried to find the perfect color I had in my head for a lip color as well as something that would last at least a few hours through eating and drinking.

I read a lot of good reviews of Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks here and on Reddit. It consistently came up as one of the best lipstick formulas at any pricepoint.

Well . . . maybe bullet lipsticks just aren't my thing then?

The shade is a sheer bright warm reddish pink and (I think) can pass for MLBB on me (NC20) due to the sheerness. It has a classic "lipstick" smell I remember form my mom's lipsticks. Google says the "classic lipstick" smell is probably powdery iris and violet, though I'm not sure this scent is super floral. It smells very sweet and powdery and reminds me of Lancome lipsticks my mom wore in the 90s. The color payoff is that of the average tinted lip balm, and the finish is a slightly shimmery satin. I don't love the feel on my lips, but it's fairly light and unobtrusive, not moisturizing but not drying either.

I don't recommend it and wouldn't repurchase it because I feel I can get the same color from a tinted lip balm, with more hydration and comfort on my lips. This lipstick also doesn't last on my lips at all, but at this point I think it's my lips, not the products, as even Peripera Lip Stains don't last although every review claims they're impossible to get off. Also, I loathe the bulky package and think the purple plastic is super ugly, though I'm more picky about size than I am about aesthetics for lip products. Overall, this is sheer, comfortable, and I understand how it's not offensive or annoying as a lip product. However, due to the sheerness and lack of lasting power I would rather use a more hydrating tinted lip balm.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

OMG, what a find! I just bought this on a whim, I'm overloaded with lipsticks at the moment but this seemed like a nice shade in the tube and only about $9 Cdn - but wow, on my lips its magic! I like to wear bright colours, as I'm an NC10 and anything nude or low-key makes me look as though I am ill. This is a nice bright pop of colour that is not in-yer-face pink or red, just a lovely shade of rose that will suit just about anybody I should think. It's very softly shimmery, perfectly hydrating and a gorgeous shade for the office. Love! (and it's the lowest price lipstick I own, I'm ashamed to say - I have bought many luxe lippies that I don't end up loving .... lesson learned!!!)

on 5/10/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have bought this lippie 3 times already! It is my fav on the go lipstick! I have fair rosy complexion and it is perfect for my skin type. It brightens me up and stays on all day!!

on 9/11/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is great pink shade for persons with dark skin. It has subtle shimmer without being frosty. It is moisturizing and the colour could be build up to the level of opacity required. The taste and smell is a bit old school but it does not bother me. The packaging looks a little Disney and child-like.

The lasting power on this is a few hours but this is a pretty everyday pink that doesn't require any fuss. Great for work but nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have fairly full lips and reds just seem to make me look like a muppet. This is a great alternative to red lipstick. Bright very natural looking berry color that lasts a few hours. Sometimes I don't want to touch it up at all because it stains lips in a really pretty way.

on 8/2/2013 11:38:00 AM

Ran to the drugstore today to pick up a few Rimmel lipsticks due to all the great reviews on MUA. I don't usually buy drugstore cosmetics but I must say that I am rather impressed. The color and pigmentation is really good for the price you pay so it's good value. I'm currently NC30-35 with my summer tan and this shade looks really pretty on me - more like a watermellon rose color. Enough pop to add some color but still office appropriate.

This is a pretty color that I think would look good on pretty much any skin color or tone. It's a neutral pinkish-rose color, MLBB, very wearable, moist and luminous with fine shimmers (not frosty). :)

on 6/28/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipstick shade! The warm pink tones work really well with my olive skin tone and it is not too bright or too dull of a pink but just right to wear in the day time or when going out. For summer time it is a perfect go-to pink and I am not really pink lipstick kind of girl.

I own several other Rimmel moisture renew lipsticks (and plan on adding more shades) so it is a product that I really like overall for the moisture benefits, pigmentation,color selection, and the SPF. The smell really doesn't bother me nor does taste because I don't lick my lips at all. The formula can be drying to lips after two or three hours, which is why I give this product four lippies and not the five, so do apply a lip balm prior to the lipstick and that will help extend the moisturizing properties.

I was enticed by the cute purple packaging to try these lipsticks out. I grabbed Rose Blush, which is a lovely MLBB shade. The name accurately describes the shade-its a dark, dusty rosy pink. It feels like a dream going on: opaque, smooth, no settling in lip lines or bunching.

However, this happened to actually be drying on my lips by the time the product wore off-which was only after 3 hours! It had already faded after one and was stainlike by the 2nd. The lipstick completely vanished by hour 3. However, it faded evenly.

And while the packaging is, in my eyes, cute, it feels very light and cheap in my hand. I fear that this may be crushed easily if one were to travel with it, or cracked/broken if it were to accidentally drop.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

This lipstick is very moisterizing. The smell is bad but if you can get over it, these lipsticks are great! Their very pigmented and stain your lips all day with the color. It glides on nice, the shimmer isn't gritty I always apply a lip balm first tho (eos). The packaging is so girlie! Totally worrth a try!

Popular Lipsticks