L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
L'Oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting BaseL'oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product had some pros but the cons ended up greatly outweighing the pros for me. This priming base may work fine for different skin types but it did not work for my sensitive skin. I did buy this 2 times not realizing that at least one of the ingredients (silica) was causing my skin to breakout. I loved the feeling of this primer but my skin did not agree with the ingredients. One thing I really liked about this primer was the texture- it is so velvety and smooth. Then I realized that silica is what makes this primer feel so soft and creamy. It is also in many primers, that again feel amazing (like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer) but silica causes some to get acne. When I looked more into the ingredient silica I found that many people have issues with it clogging their pores or dehydrating their skin. I initially liked this primer and used it for over a month but realized that my skin was reacting to it by breaking out. I decided to experiment multiple times and stop using it for a while. My skin would become clearer when I wasn't using it and when I started to use it again I immediately broke out by the end of the day. So this primer wasn't for me.

on 11/9/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best primer i've ever used i definitely recommend! I've tried all high end primers and this is the only one that keeps me from getting oily and patchy throughout the day. I have oily skin and this works miracles

I've tried several face primers and I would say this is the worst one. As far as making my skin feel smooth after application it did pretty good in that aspect. Applying this product to my face was difficult. It goes on very thick and goopy and dries before I can spread it out. Although it does make my skin smooth I can just feel the product sitting on my face and unfortunately that feeling last all day. On top of feeling heavy my foundation didn't last as long as it normally does with other primers and got sucked straight into my pores which normally doesnt happen. This is definitely not worth the price.

on 9/30/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a beautiful, beautiful product. I got it for a bit less than $11 at Wal Mart after glancing at the reviews here. It comes in a little pot and applies like a dream. It has a whipped, silicone - like consistency that blurs pores and fine lines. I am in love. I used it under Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation and my face lasted longer than it normally would have in my T-Zone. Amazing product for the price, HG drugstore primer finally! I will purchase again and again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been using Benefit Porefessional but decided to try something that costs less. Without this my pores are so obvious and large. I apply before foundation and my skin looks so smooth, velvety, and porcelain-like. The jar is small but thankfully a little goes a long way. I use a small spatula to scoop out the product to keep it hygeinic. I find that my makeup has such a beautiful finish on top of this. I have already repurchased.

on 8/8/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was having some trouble finding the right product to go under my GA Luminous Silk foundation (like, something that wasn't discontinued...). This had worked for me at one time, with a different foundation, so I thought I've give it another try.

Wow. No. I used this after Olay Regenerist moisturizer. It went on okay, smooth finish, filled in pores somewhat. I had forgotten how much I disliked getting this out of the pot with my fingers--yuck. It mattified areas well, too. Then I put foundation on. Again, with my fingers...maybe it would have been different with a brush or sponge. The foundation grabbed and skipped, resulting in an obvious patchy look in my 10X lighted mirror. When I tried to smooth it out, the mix of product began rolling up, pilling like crazy. I can't speak to how long it lasts because I had to wash everything off and start over.

This might have worked better with different application methods but I know me, and I'm going to use my fingers for face products most of the time. Covering the pores on my nose somewhat doesn't help if the rest of my face is a hot mess and there's a limit to how many products I want to deal with at once. A different foundation might have turned out differently but GALS is my HG so I don't want to switch that. I may try this with a powder foundation on a stay-at-home day just to see if that works at all.

The pricing seems a bit high for DS product but reasonable for a primer in general, so I can't knock off too much for that. If it had worked it would have been a decent buy but as it, this was a $10 mistake.

on 8/3/2016 6:36:00 AM

I used cleu du peur, Clinique and G Armani pores covering prima. It depends on how large pores are.

For the biggest one, this beats all the other. I would need to use a lot of Clinique one to have the same blurring effect but then it looks cake-y, like some junk there. Cle du pure one has better blurring effect than l oreal one and is completely translucent, while l oreal leaves a white cast. However,CDP was just being discontinued.

The GA new Armani prima day long skin perfector trouble zones has the least blurring ability, but GA again is transparent.

If your pores issue is not too serious, use GA, covers small pores well and it's translucent. For those big ones, and acne scars, use l oreal, noting it will leave a white cast.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The BEST PRIMER for big pores and oily skin!! I have tried a LOT of primers and none come close to its quality and price.

this works great on combo skin and did not break my out. it has such a nice cushiony texture. the only thing I did not like is the packaging! it's so hard to stick my finger into the pot especially with my long nails, most of the product just ends up underneath my finger nail. love the product, needs new packaging!

on 5/25/2016 11:42:00 AM

People with combination skin REJOICE!!!! I have tried so many primers- NYX, CoverGirl Outlast, Smashbox, Benefit, Tarte 12 Hour just to name a few & this is the ONLY one I have found that my forehead is not shining bright like a diamond by mid day.