L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
L'Oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting BaseL'oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 10/22/2017 9:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've had this product for quite a long time and didn't really like it very much at first. But.... I've used it more recently and it's (IMO) comparable to, if not better than, the Gerovital H3 Evolution primer and also the Hylamide HA Blur.

Actually I like using this more and have recently discovered this is also an excellent eyelid primer!

Like many, I have very oily lids. But I was really surprised when I tested it a couple of weeks ago, using this on one eyelid, and Urban Decay eye primer on the other. I let both sit for a few minutes after application, and then applied the same eyeshadow to both. Surprisingly, about 5 hours later, and then after a total of 9 hours, the L'Oreal perfecting primer kept my eyeshadow beautifully intact! That NEVER happens for me - I need to touch up my eyes a bit, usually mid-day. With the Urban Decay side, it was the usual ol' thing where my eyeshadow was somewhat patchy. But the L'Oreal side....wow....my eyeshadow 9 hours later looked just as it had after applying it!

The only comparable eyeshadow primer to this is the Elizabeth Moss "Thank Me Later" eye primer, which is, in my experience, also FANTASTIC! Both the L'Oreal and the Elizabeth Mott are currently $15.00 each on Amazon, but you get more product with the L'Oreal.

on 8/25/2017 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Your pores do vanish! But the next day they flare up and turn into acne. I have good skin to begin with so beware it clogs pores like no other.

on 8/5/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I found this to be a great affordable dupe for the Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer, and at a fraction of the cost. I am over 50 with large pores in my T-zone, where I also have oil buildup through the day. This primer is great for filling in those pores and smoothing fine lines, and it helps control oil a bit too. I use a very, very tiny amount and pat/blend it in with my fingers. Some heavy primers like this have caused breakouts for me in the past. This one has not, partly since I figured out to use very small amounts and build up only slightly as needed. If you use too much, it can become too heavy and kind of smothering. I find it also works well in combination with other silicone-based primers as well as silicone foundations. Sometimes I use this only on my T-zone and sometimes I use it very sparingly all over my face. Works great either way. I think the key is to use a very small amount over clean well-hydrated skin.

I will definitely buy this again and wish I had known about it sooner, before shelling out the $$ for the Tarte primer

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It was ok. Got two on sale. Would i buy again? No. It too small a product for a drug price product. So im sticking to my Avon primer. It didnt last long. I dont wear foundation so not sure how it holds to that. It wasn't drying and look OK under my highlight bronze.

I like this primer. I've tried several different primers and this pressed into the pores then sortave smooth out is great. I use it on my nose between my brows and forehead and I've noticed it makes me stay matte a little longer but I have combo skin(dry on the sides of my face but oily I'm in the t-zone area). I wear full coverage make up and high light with concealer and this makes them glide right on, well the way I use it at least. Please moisturize before you put on any type of make up ladys, maybe that will help with the dry patch issues.

on 6/7/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great primer to blur large pores. I use it under my Lumi foundation and it's great. No patchiness or weird spots, just smooth and even. I don't know that it makes my foundation last longer per se, but it does what I need for my pores and that's my main concern.

on 5/29/2017 9:55:00 PM

I hated this. Within an hour my foundation was so patchy it looked like I had scales on my face. Terrible for my oily/combo skin. Also, you have to dip your fingers in a pot thing, and that's pretty gross. I would never buy this again.

on 11/9/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best primer i've ever used i definitely recommend! I've tried all high end primers and this is the only one that keeps me from getting oily and patchy throughout the day. I have oily skin and this works miracles

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product had some pros but the cons ended up greatly outweighing the pros for me. This priming base may work fine for different skin types but it did not work for my sensitive skin. I did buy this 2 times not realizing that at least one of the ingredients (silica) was causing my skin to breakout. I loved the feeling of this primer but my skin did not agree with the ingredients. One thing I really liked about this primer was the texture- it is so velvety and smooth. Then I realized that silica is what makes this primer feel so soft and creamy. It is also in many primers, that again feel amazing (like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer) but silica causes some to get acne. When I looked more into the ingredient silica I found that many people have issues with it clogging their pores or dehydrating their skin. I initially liked this primer and used it for over a month but realized that my skin was reacting to it by breaking out. I decided to experiment multiple times and stop using it for a while. My skin would become clearer when I wasn't using it and when I started to use it again I immediately broke out by the end of the day. So this primer wasn't for me.

Experienced the worst break out of my life after using this. I got it on sale (full price is 17 dollars?!) and still returned it. Was so weird and shiny applying and did nothing to improve my skin anyway (you know, aside from the massive cystic breakout all over).

Popular Primer/ Correctors