L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
L'Oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting BaseL'oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 11/18/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is great for me I sedan it areas where I have enlarged pores and use another primer on the rest of my face it fill my pores it gives a smooth finish a bit on the pricy side of the drugstore .will definitely continue to use.

As a makeup junkie, I must tell you that this is a hidden gem in the world of drugstore makeup.

For one, I am someone who suffers from old acne scars (i.e. pit scars, box and rolling scars) and used to buy the Clarins Instant Smooth Primer and would pay $ 38.00 per jar. Mind you, it lasted me for so long but having to spend that money on a primer was just too much for me considering I have dupe from the drugstore.

The secret of this primer is the way it makes all of my textures a little less textured. Yes, it can get oily. However you will need to do the following steps to apply this:

Application: Don't apply this primer like your lotion type primers by massaging it to your skin - this is a BIG NO!!!!!!!

You have to pat this primer on to your skin. I repeat "pat" on to your skin. Wait for at least 2 minutes before you apply your foundation and you'll thank me for it.

Also, a little goes a long way. Start with a tiny amount and add as needed.

I hope that L'Oreal will never stop making this. It is truly an amazing primer!

on 11/4/2017 10:07:00 PM

I would not buy this again. I was actually really disappointed with this. The primer did have a nice texture, but when applying it on my face It balled up. Didn't spread out smoothly. I was wearing L'oreal's Pro-matte foundation & made it look really patchy. Just an awful mess =(

on 8/5/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I found this to be a great affordable dupe for the Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer, and at a fraction of the cost. I am over 50 with large pores in my T-zone, where I also have oil buildup through the day. This primer is great for filling in those pores and smoothing fine lines, and it helps control oil a bit too. I use a very, very tiny amount and pat/blend it in with my fingers. Some heavy primers like this have caused breakouts for me in the past. This one has not, partly since I figured out to use very small amounts and build up only slightly as needed. If you use too much, it can become too heavy and kind of smothering. I find it also works well in combination with other silicone-based primers as well as silicone foundations. Sometimes I use this only on my T-zone and sometimes I use it very sparingly all over my face. Works great either way. I think the key is to use a very small amount over clean well-hydrated skin.

I will definitely buy this again and wish I had known about it sooner, before shelling out the $$ for the Tarte primer

on 10/22/2017 9:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've had this product for quite a long time and didn't really like it very much at first. But.... I've used it more recently and it's (IMO) comparable to, if not better than, the Gerovital H3 Evolution primer and also the Hylamide HA Blur.

Actually I like using this more and have recently discovered this is also an excellent eyelid primer!

Like many, I have very oily lids. But I was really surprised when I tested it a couple of weeks ago, using this on one eyelid, and Urban Decay eye primer on the other. I let both sit for a few minutes after application, and then applied the same eyeshadow to both. Surprisingly, about 5 hours later, and then after a total of 9 hours, the L'Oreal perfecting primer kept my eyeshadow beautifully intact! That NEVER happens for me - I need to touch up my eyes a bit, usually mid-day. With the Urban Decay side, it was the usual ol' thing where my eyeshadow was somewhat patchy. But the L'Oreal side....wow....my eyeshadow 9 hours later looked just as it had after applying it!

The only comparable eyeshadow primer to this is the Elizabeth Moss "Thank Me Later" eye primer, which is, in my experience, also FANTASTIC! Both the L'Oreal and the Elizabeth Mott are currently $15.00 each on Amazon, but you get more product with the L'Oreal.

on 8/25/2017 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Your pores do vanish! But the next day they flare up and turn into acne. I have good skin to begin with so beware it clogs pores like no other.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It was ok. Got two on sale. Would i buy again? No. It too small a product for a drug price product. So im sticking to my Avon primer. It didnt last long. I dont wear foundation so not sure how it holds to that. It wasn't drying and look OK under my highlight bronze.

I like this primer. I've tried several different primers and this pressed into the pores then sortave smooth out is great. I use it on my nose between my brows and forehead and I've noticed it makes me stay matte a little longer but I have combo skin(dry on the sides of my face but oily I'm in the t-zone area). I wear full coverage make up and high light with concealer and this makes them glide right on, well the way I use it at least. Please moisturize before you put on any type of make up ladys, maybe that will help with the dry patch issues.

on 6/7/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great primer to blur large pores. I use it under my Lumi foundation and it's great. No patchiness or weird spots, just smooth and even. I don't know that it makes my foundation last longer per se, but it does what I need for my pores and that's my main concern.

Experienced the worst break out of my life after using this. I got it on sale (full price is 17 dollars?!) and still returned it. Was so weird and shiny applying and did nothing to improve my skin anyway (you know, aside from the massive cystic breakout all over).