L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
L'Oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting BaseL'oreal primerStudio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 8/5/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I found this to be a great affordable dupe for the Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer, and at a fraction of the cost. I am over 50 with large pores in my T-zone, where I also have oil buildup through the day. This primer is great for filling in those pores and smoothing fine lines, and it helps control oil a bit too. I use a very, very tiny amount and pat/blend it in with my fingers. Some heavy primers like this have caused breakouts for me in the past. This one has not, partly since I figured out to use very small amounts and build up only slightly as needed. If you use too much, it can become too heavy and kind of smothering. I find it also works well in combination with other silicone-based primers as well as silicone foundations. Sometimes I use this only on my T-zone and sometimes I use it very sparingly all over my face. Works great either way. I think the key is to use a very small amount over clean well-hydrated skin.

I will definitely buy this again and wish I had known about it sooner, before shelling out the $$ for the Tarte primer

on 6/7/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great primer to blur large pores. I use it under my Lumi foundation and it's great. No patchiness or weird spots, just smooth and even. I don't know that it makes my foundation last longer per se, but it does what I need for my pores and that's my main concern.

I like this primer. I've tried several different primers and this pressed into the pores then sortave smooth out is great. I use it on my nose between my brows and forehead and I've noticed it makes me stay matte a little longer but I have combo skin(dry on the sides of my face but oily I'm in the t-zone area). I wear full coverage make up and high light with concealer and this makes them glide right on, well the way I use it at least. Please moisturize before you put on any type of make up ladys, maybe that will help with the dry patch issues.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It was ok. Got two on sale. Would i buy again? No. It too small a product for a drug price product. So im sticking to my Avon primer. It didnt last long. I dont wear foundation so not sure how it holds to that. It wasn't drying and look OK under my highlight bronze.

Experienced the worst break out of my life after using this. I got it on sale (full price is 17 dollars?!) and still returned it. Was so weird and shiny applying and did nothing to improve my skin anyway (you know, aside from the massive cystic breakout all over).

on 5/29/2017 9:55:00 PM

I hated this. Within an hour my foundation was so patchy it looked like I had scales on my face. Terrible for my oily/combo skin. Also, you have to dip your fingers in a pot thing, and that's pretty gross. I would never buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product had some pros but the cons ended up greatly outweighing the pros for me. This priming base may work fine for different skin types but it did not work for my sensitive skin. I did buy this 2 times not realizing that at least one of the ingredients (silica) was causing my skin to breakout. I loved the feeling of this primer but my skin did not agree with the ingredients. One thing I really liked about this primer was the texture- it is so velvety and smooth. Then I realized that silica is what makes this primer feel so soft and creamy. It is also in many primers, that again feel amazing (like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer) but silica causes some to get acne. When I looked more into the ingredient silica I found that many people have issues with it clogging their pores or dehydrating their skin. I initially liked this primer and used it for over a month but realized that my skin was reacting to it by breaking out. I decided to experiment multiple times and stop using it for a while. My skin would become clearer when I wasn't using it and when I started to use it again I immediately broke out by the end of the day. So this primer wasn't for me.

on 11/9/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best primer i've ever used i definitely recommend! I've tried all high end primers and this is the only one that keeps me from getting oily and patchy throughout the day. I have oily skin and this works miracles

I've tried several face primers and I would say this is the worst one. As far as making my skin feel smooth after application it did pretty good in that aspect. Applying this product to my face was difficult. It goes on very thick and goopy and dries before I can spread it out. Although it does make my skin smooth I can just feel the product sitting on my face and unfortunately that feeling last all day. On top of feeling heavy my foundation didn't last as long as it normally does with other primers and got sucked straight into my pores which normally doesnt happen. This is definitely not worth the price.

on 9/30/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a beautiful, beautiful product. I got it for a bit less than $11 at Wal Mart after glancing at the reviews here. It comes in a little pot and applies like a dream. It has a whipped, silicone - like consistency that blurs pores and fine lines. I am in love. I used it under Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation and my face lasted longer than it normally would have in my T-Zone. Amazing product for the price, HG drugstore primer finally! I will purchase again and again.