MMU Cosmetics Shea body butter souffle[Discontinued]

4.3

on 7/22/2009 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been ordering products from MMU Cosmetics for at least 2 years now and i love the concept of picking what scent(s) to add with a product. Good thing they have some gorgeous products to choose from!
Shea Body Souffle is my favorite cream for the 'in between months' when its cold but not really warm yet. Its a rich thick but fluffy cream and that's why it feels medium light on your skin. It sinks in my skin to leave this nice dewy finish. I think if you apply the cream on your body just after showering somehow the scent seems to linger somewhat longer but it doesn't really stay all day. Overall this cream is lighter then a butter, thicker then a lotion and best to pamper your legs so they are ready for the summer.

I received this in my first order from MMU Cosmetics. I was immediately disappointed that the product wasn't sealed, and the print on the label was kind of fuzzy - not a big deal, but I like my products to look pretty : ) As far as moisturizing goes, it feels creamy and thick, and goes on well. However, it doesn't keep my skin hydrated for very long. I got this in "frozen strawberry daiquiri" - it is medium-scented, fairly typical strawberry scent. It's an okay lotion, but overpriced for the quality.

on 8/10/2008 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the scents in this brand, but I'm not a huge fan of this formulation. Although it does moisturise quite well, it leaves an oily film on my skin and takes quite a while to sink in. I'll stick with MMU's Soy Good in future if I want a super moisturising body cream.

on 11/21/2007 12:59:00 PM

I love this cream. It's perfect for those days when I don't need a heavy heavy butter. I use it in the spring and summer.
It's thick - as thick as a frosting and will hold it's peak. It melts into your skin and I find holds the scent very well.
I've had it in many many scents and have loved them all. My favorite is Vanille Peche at the moment.

on 11/10/2006 11:43:00 AM

I am somewhat relieved to learn that I am not the only person to experience a dry/powdery finish to this product. When I first applied this product, it felt great, but about 10 minutes later, my hands felt dry and powdery. When I asked the MMU Cosmetics forum, most of the responses made me feel like I was doing something wrong. After reading some of the reviews here, I feel much better. I tried Soy Good and Lavish, which weren't quite as dry feeling, but I think I'll stick with their fragrances, as the lotions/creams/butters don't work for me.

My skin is pretty normal but a little on the dry side. I got my order pretty fast, and I got this in the *rainbow cream float* scent. I opened it, and it was the consistency of whipped cream - ooh! I put it on and it felt nice, but after just a few minutes I swear it dried to a powdery finish. It left my skin feeling really dry?? I loved the scent, but I could not stand to use this. It didn't leave me soft & smooth like I had wanted. I didn't know if it was just me, so I gave some to a friend and she didn't like it either - said the same thing about leaving her skin dry. I love the scent choices at MMU, but not crazy about this one.

on 3/20/2006 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This may not be the richest or thickest of MMU's creams but damn it makes my skin soft! It's a whipped-cream-like texture which needs almost no rubbing in to silken rough hands and shins. Lemon Cheesecake is a marvelous scent that, per the MMU site, is going to be discontinued soon, which is a shame because it is a really appealing fresh foody scent.

on 9/28/2005 10:39:00 PM

this is not my favorite formulation, but it is really nice. no stickiness or greasies. it sinks in and moisturizes well...but i just like a dewy finish...that is all. i prefer soy good and body custard to this formulation, but i would definitely give it a try if you are dry :)

on 4/20/2005 2:39:00 AM

MMU's souffle is the best of their moisturizers that I've tried. Ultra-creamy and moisturizing, it does wonderful things for post-shaved legs and dry hands & feet. The one thing to watch out for is getting it scented with anything chocolately, as that turns out plastic-ish. That seems to be true for a lot of MMU's moisturizers, though. Vanilla and floral based scents work great with the souffle.

on 2/25/2005 6:21:00 PM

Overall, I like this product. I'd give this cream a 7-8 on the moisturizing scale, but that's fine for me as we don't have very cold winters or forced air heating. It absorbs fairly quickly but since this is termed a 'souffle' rather than a 'butter' I expected as much. I have this in Grapefruit a la Vanille, which I really like. The scent lasts a long time - if I put this on my hands at bedtime in the morning they still smell a bit like vanilla!

Popular Lotions / Creams