Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation
Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation - Med. DarkPur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation - Med. DarkPressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

"pur" minerals and they use iron oxides and colorants known to be toxic. Never repurchasing any of their items. Blatantly false advertising.

on 8/30/2016 8:00:00 PM

For me, this has been perfect for my sometimes dry skin over 50 skin. A light hand works best for me as I don't have a lot to cover up but some redness and occasional break out in chin area. Mostly, I use cover to even up the canvas so to speak.
This powder does not break my skin out, cake, settle or in any way irritate. I use Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel for a primer on top of my moisturizer ($7). A dab will do ya whole face nicely.
I use the chisel brush and rather than swirl I dap, dap to get some product on the brush and starting with right side of face I swirl big and meet middle of nose and cheek - repeat left side, and a little for the forehead. Same circular motion and blend out a bit.
I can use either cream or powder blush on top, not an issue.
Staying power is quite remarkable and easily touched up when necessary.
Easy, simple, magnifique!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I went to Ulta, and after looking around for about an hour at different products, someone asked me if I needed help which I was exhausted so I said "something with high coverage, mineral foundation, and comes in a VERY light shade", the lovely assistant led me right to this product and I'm glad she did! I swatched it, and immediately knew it would be the perfect color match for my very pale skin. There are no orangy undertones in the lightest shade "porcelain", and it did a great job of covering up my redness without making it look like I was wearing a mask of thick powder. I would recommend pairing this with a primer, as it might smudge with time, or settle into fine lines. When I wear a primer I don't have this issue. Did not break me out AT ALL which is a big plus! It feels light on the skin, and allows build-able coverage to get a full coverage look. Highly recommend for fair skin and/or acne prone skin!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I found the secret to using this product is ensuring you use the primer. I exfoliate, moisturise, prime and then apply the powder. and wow what a difference. I have had people commenting on how bright and glowing my skin is. A sales consultant in a department store told me to use the primer before moisturising but that led to an ill effect. I noticed it appeared dull and not as vibrant but more drying- so I switched back to moisturise, prime and then apply. Also I need good coverage and this gets the job done! I use the light tan. I cannot see me using liquid ever again as this truly suits my skin. However I am not opposing to exploring other mineral powder foundations as I do find this a bit pricey.

on 1/15/2016 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation September 2015 at a two-for-one sale at Ulta, so I only paid half price for two compacts. I'm regretting that now, as I doubt I'll even finish one.

PROS
- Lightweight, buildable coverage: I use a buffing brush for lighter coverage and a DRY sponge for more.
- Color match: this line appears to run yellow, which is good for me. Even after several hours of wear it won't oxidize to orange.
- Gentle formula didn't break me out.

CONS
- DO NOT USE A WET SPONGE WITH THIS FOUNDATION. I tried it once to see if I could get more coverage without the dryness. Because it's a mineral foundation, the damp sponge basically muddied the top layer so that it dried completely solid. I eventually gave up trying to scrape that away and moved onto the other compact I bought.
- Texture: this foundation isn't very smooth and it can be difficult to pick up from the pan. I'd have to really dig in a brush or a sponge to get sufficient foundation to blend onto my face.
- No oil control: for a powder foundation, this is the worst I've used in terms of combating greasiness. I've used it with several different moisturizers, with/without concealer, and with/without mattifying powders and the result is still the same - I get shiny within a couple hours of wear. My skin feels tacky, and no amount of blotting keeps the shine from getting worse. A friend of mine, who has normal to dry skin, used this foundation and had problems with shine as well.
- The packaging is heavy and cumbersome and much too big for a simple foundation pan. You could play hockey with this thing.

Overall, this foundation left me disappointed. I don't recommend it and I will definitely not repurchase.

on 11/19/2015 12:49:00 PM

After loving this product for a few weeks, love turned to hate. I noticed none of the product was transferring to my brush. I had to scrape a layer (which is wasting a lot of product) to remove a skin that formed on the powder surface. I have to repeat this process every few days. It is a messy and expensive remedy just to get some powder onto the brush. I was foolish enough to buy two of these so out a bit of money.

on 11/9/2015 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I just don't get it :( my go to powder foundation is the bellapierre compact, it's wonderful in many ways. However, after returning from a long sun holiday I needed a new foundation shade for an event. My beloved bellapierre was out of stock, and so I turned to this, as it's been hyped as super duper awesome. It just looked flat, not in an un-moisturised way, just like my skin had no life, it was odd, but what made it worse was the OXIDISATION! Foundations don't usually oxidise on me, such a shame about this one.

on 9/5/2015 10:50:00 PM

My go-to! Gives a light, good coverage but natural overall look. Looks best on exfoliated/ and moisturized skin, otherwise shows flaking on skin. Has never broken me out, clogged my pores or dried out my skin. Looks great applied as a finishing powder over foundation/ concealer or by itself. Personally, my skin gets flaky/ dry when irritated but this product has never been a problem. If you have oily skin you may need to apply twice a day

on 9/3/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After trying other foundations, I always find myself coming back to this. It is flawless, it blends like a dream , you could even apply this in the dark, I'm not kidding !! It's beautiful, it isn't cakey , it isn't oily , it doesn't clog pores and it is so, so beautiful ! It covers redness , it blurs pores, it covers pimples too. It's really quite amazing!

As someone else mentioned , make sure your skin is well moisturized and not oily before applying , for best results.

After a long search and trying everything under the sun , I am back to this and sticking with it!!

on 8/14/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent mineral pressed powder foundation. I'm in shade Light Tan. I prefer this over the IT Cosmetics celebration foundation.