Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Cheek & Lip Tint

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Cheek & Lip Tint
Beauty Rush Cheek & Lip TintBeauty Rush Cheek & Lip TintBeauty Rush Cheek & Lip TintVS Cheek Tint - Just Peachy

2.0

1 review

Beauty Rush Cheek Tint "Just Peachy": Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydroxystearic Acid, Isostearyl Isostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyisobutene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Fragrance (Parfum), 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985). Beauty Rush Cheek Tint "Mon Cherry": Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydroxystearic Acid, Isostearyl Isostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyisobutene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Fragrance (Parfum), 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850). Beauty Rush Cheek Tint "I Pink I Can": Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydroxystearic Acid, Isostearyl Isostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyisobutene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Fragrance (Parfum), 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850).

I think these are being discontinued, because they are not on the VS website, and I just got them on clearance for about $1.75 each.
With my dry cheeks, I love gel blushes, because they are more moisturizing, long-lasting, and look more dewy, although, as some reviewers have mentioned, these are almost more waxy then gel-like.
I was wary of "Just Peachy" because of its shimmers & my large pores, but they are incredibly fine, & not much appear to transfer onto my cheeks anyway, at least not that I can discern.
They all smell like watermelon, even though one is "Just Peachy" & another is "Mon Cherry." *shrug*
"I Pink I Can" looks more opaque in the container, but still seems to come out sheer on the skin.
The oddest thing is that they have no ingredients' list anywhere. Not on the shrink-wrap, on the shrink-wrap label, under the s-w label, under the lift-up color shade name label on the bottom of the tube (where all it says is, " Made in U.S.A/Frabriqué aux États-Unis; Victoria's Secret Beauty Co. Dist.; New York, NY 10019 U.S.A.; London, WC2E 9BA, UK; VictoriasSecret.com), *no where* is there an ingredients' list. This is particularly concerning with "I Pink I Can," which looks like it might have bismuth oxychloride in it, to which a lot of people are allergic, but there is no way of knowing if it is in it or not, or if there might be any other potential allergens, or things that might not be good for acne-prone skin; or if they may have beeswax (could explain the waxy texture) &/or carmine (possibly in the red "Mon Cherry"), but vegans have no way of knowing. The opaqueness of "I Pink I Can" could be from titanium dioxide, which is a good non-chemical sunblock that is used as white pigment, but it can mess up photographs if you are wearing it & don't realize it. I have never seen a cosmetic product in my life that didn't have an ingredients' list.

[EDIT] 1/17/2011 - Finally found out why I had never seen another cosmetic product without an ingredients' list on it; because it is illegal under US federal law & violates FDA regulations to not have one. It took 10 days of numerous online searches & calls to get VS to finally give up the ingredients' lists for the 3 cheek tints, which I have posted under the "ingredients" link at the top of the MUA review page for these cheek tints. Also asked them to remind their lawyers that the FDA requires, "Cosmetics produced or distributed for retail sale to consumers for their personal care are required to bear an ingredient declaration (21 CFR 701.3), & "The ingredient declaration must be conspicuous so that it is likely to be read at the time of purchase."
Dropped a lippie and 2 points on packaging because of the illegal absence of a conspicuous ingredients' lists on the packages, and the mammoth labyrinth traveled to actually get the lists. Even small indie cosmetics' companies know they have to have accurate ingredient labeling, & I have seen at least 2 small companies get into big trouble, even though they the had ingredients' lists, but they were inaccurate.
So, a huge company with lawyers, like VS, has no excuse, & should know better than to risk the skin &/or health of customers who might have a severe allergic reaction to some unknown ingredient in the cheek tint, by failing to provide the customer with the legally required conspicuous ingredient declaration that might have prevented the customer from purchasing it in the first place (assuming they already know what they are allergic to, but allergies can just pop up out of nowhere at any time), so they have left themselves wide open to FDA sanctions, as well as potential lawsuits, especially if any of the ingredients are well known to be common allergens. Not smart, nor legal, marketing/packaging strategies.
VS, please send your lawyers and packaging designers back to training to re-learn the US federal laws, & FDA regulations, pertaining to cosmetic product ingredient labeling, which they have apparently forgotten.

Just a note on its designation here as a lip & cheek tint; there is nothing on the package indicating that it is intended for lips, it is purely labeled as a cheek tint, so I don't know if all the ingredients in each one are actually lip-safe, Since it's a tint & not a stain, I think it would just come out as a tinted lip balm, but I wouldn't risk it, since it is not labeled as being lip-safe or as an "all-over color."

Also, I have recently seen some YT videos of girls with light/med/dark skin tones who have complained that they are not pigmented enough & too sheer to show up on their face at all, & I could definitely see that likelihood . However, for someone like me who is so pale that MAC "NW15" would be a bronzer (if my skin actually knew how to wear bronzer), these are nice moisturizing colors that don't enhance my pores or require an ultra-light hand to apply a nice flush of color to brighten up my cool porcelain skin without looking fake or overdone.

Popular Blush Products