Maybelline Eye Studioú„¢ Color Plushú„¢ Silk Eyeshadow

3.2

I bought this in the quad Sea Sprite. It's got a pale white gold, a yellow gold, a sea foam green, and a darker forest green.

I tried Maybelline single shadows a long, long time ago and hated every color. But these I hoped would be better. They seemed to be a different formula and had some good reviews.

But I am still not a fan. The pigmentation is okay. Varies shade from shade but I wasn't particularly impressed by any color. The biggest problem is the staying power. These fade. Even over a base I can't get a look I'm happy with. This quad was just frustrating for me. I feel like it has no real pros except for pretty and interesting color combinations.

Maybelline shadows don't seem to work for me. I like other drugstore shadows. Wet'n'wild, L'oreal, Essence, ect. But I think I'm done with Maybelline shadows. Maybelline is not a bad brand. I do like their gel liner and mascaras but the shadows are a miss for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Most of the negative feelings I have about this product are my own fault. I have the Green with Envy one. The best part of this is the price. It's cheap, but not unusable. It's not highly pigmented, which I can't complain about for the price. The one thing I really don't like about it, and which is my fault for not recognizing in the first place, is the amount of glitter. I'm not a purely matte or satin type, but I often find myself looking a little cheap with it, but then again, my skills aren't so great so maybe over time I will be able to make this work a little better. The packaging sucks and is annoying to deal with, but like I've said before, can't complain with that price. I won't toss it or give it away, but I do struggle with the lack of pigmentation, surplus of glitter, and that colors don't blend too well together.

Great colours and pigmentation but is impossible to create a variety of looks as once you apply more than one color it blends into one shade making your whole eyelid one colour so it is something I will be tossing. I bought the blue one and cannot remember the name.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this is Copper Chic and love it. I was pretty skeptical based on mixed reviews but I guess it really depends on which quad you get. The color pay off on this one is awesome, all the pigments have a nice, smooth texture and are super blendable. As for wearability, I layered this on top of Maybelline color tattoo in creamy biege and it lasted through an entire day at a festival! I mean honestly it didn't even budge and I have hooded eyes. I am so happy with this purchase!

The colors are absolutely beautiful and pigmented but the wear if these shadows is awful! I applied concealer on my eyelids and set my eye lids with a light powder to mattify the lid and soak up any oil to prevent creasing, but at the end of the day when I got home there was no trace of any of the 3 shadows I used. I was really disappointed, no wonder I have most of the shades and I never reach for them, mystery solved. It really is a shame because they go on pigmented and th ry blend quite nicely. I really think maybelline needs to work on their shade formulation, I've also tried the other 4 pan quads and they're awful. I've also tried the nudes, the smokes, and the new blushed eyeshadow palettes from maybelline and they're just as awful. They lack pigmentation and don't last on the lid at all. I'll probably do a separate revoew on those awful palettes. Okay rant over, I do have to admit that maybellies makes some of thr best drugstore mascaras though, but their shadow game is weak.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I try to be generous in my reviews but I really can't be with this one- it is a product that just plain sucks.

I purchased the "mad for mauve" palette; all colors fade into a sort of mucky brown color. I have applied this with primer, concealer, etc. and it just does not work. Sure it looks beautiful at first, especially just sitting in its container, but another user was correct in that it fades in less than 2 hours.

I bought this in Give Me Gold. Reviews seemed mixed between love and hate and I had been trying to find a smaller Maybelline eyeshadow thing that had the two shades from The Nudes (or damned close) in it - the ones closest to UD Smog and Half-Baked - and thought this could be it. But no. The darkest brown in this 4-set is really weakly pigmented, the warm dark gold shade is pretty but a little too warm/orange on, and the light gold and pearl shades are too glittery. Both the glittery shades create a lot of fallout all over the rest of your face, too. They are basically all glitz with no substance. The best pigmentation and smoothest texture is the darker gold shade but it's just a little too warm, at least for my pale skin, even though I am warm toned.

The wearability of this eyeshadow set is weak, too. It blends okay but fades in less than two hours. The glitter chunks are the only thing left.

I bought this at Target for $7 and I'm just not impressed by it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this in Legendary Lilac, and I really like how creamy the shadows are. However, they're HELLA shiny, and need a lot of layers to build up any pigment. I would consider this in Give Me Gold though, since it would give a more subtle look, if one that's a glitterbomb.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this shadow quad knowing it had sparkle and shine, but how much I wasn't sure of....too much.
While the shadow had some plush textures and some pigmented colors, the glitter was over the top for me. The flimsy packaging didn't help.

I have this quad in Smoky Night and using it all together (using the web's directions), it all looked like one color. However, using all of these together I decided to maybe try them separately. By using Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal and Audacious Asphalt, I have found a smoky-eye heaven!! Now that I am reading the rest of the reviews, I found that Smoky Night is actually one of the worst quads so I will try out Sapphire Siren because even though this quad didn't look great, it felt real nice and it doesn't crease in my smoky eye experiments (LOL). Incase interested, here is my directions to do the smoky-eye with the Smoky Night quad:
1) Choose one of the four colors in Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo Cream Shadow: (Pomegranate Pink, Paint Me Purple, Tenacious Teal or Audacious Asphalt) and place all on the lid with your finger, blending outwards
2) using a brush, apply the matching shade in the quad (Pink with pink, Purple with purple, Teal with blue, Asphalt with black) to the outer corner of your lid
3) blend into the crease, these shadows are VERY pigmented so use the shadow sparingly, also blend along the upper lash line
4) apply black pencil eyeliner and using brush blend the liner into the shadow
5) apply mascara
Once you have some practice, you can create the easiest smoky eye of your life in five minutes!!