Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of those bait and switch products that torments me: I LOVE the color (I am N15 but my lids are dark so this really helps), the creamy emollience and blendability, and yes I even love the sponge tip applicator (though I'm sure it's not hygienic) BUT... this creases like crazy on me and of course does nothing to stop eyeshadow from creasing. And since that is the whole point of an eye primer, I am really disappointed. To be fair, I have hooded eyes and oily lids so it's a major challenge to find a primer that works. Original UDPP has been the best so far (and yes I have tried every eye primer ever made) so I wrongly assumed this would be that plus some color. Bummed to return this after so much excitement when I initally applied it. For now I'm back to original UDPP + concealer - nothing seems to beat that combo for effective lightening and de-oil-slick-ifying. To the UD product development peeps: please reformulate this and take out some of the oil in it. I'd rather have it be a little dry and draggy on application if that means it will work better to keep my shadows true.

on 5/17/2016 2:36:00 PM

One lippie might be harsh because the packaging is nice, but then again this is a pricey product and it's an eye primer, I mean...wait...I am right in thinking this is a primer aren't I?

My issue with this product? It creases BADLY on me. I'm super lazy and sometimes I really cannot be bothered to wear eyeshadow. I really wanted the Sin primer potion because I've had it before and that's great, but they didn't have it in stock so I went for this instead thinking it'll be a bit more of a nude look but it'll do the job anyway.
I want to say that I've used the original UDPP and I have the anti-ageing one which I really love, I also used Sin which I love too... but never Eden, and I never will again. There is nothing more unattractive than a big crease of bone coloured cream on your eyelids... It just isn't cute.
This is supposed to prime lids, and I've never had anything but stellar performance from other primers from UD...so why is this happening? I don't know... I just know - I've tried using a super thin layer and the same thing happens! I've tried and tried with this product but nope, it creases. Perhaps forgiveable with a cream e/s but not with a product designed to help makeup stay flawless looking. Despite the hefty amount of product you get, and the good packaging, it doesn't do the job and it's in the bin before it causes me anymore embarassment! Bummer. I recommend you don't choose this incarnation of the UD primers... it's not their best.

To Read all 332 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As someone who doesn't necessarily need to use eye shadow primer, I have to say I was still impressed with this formula. Whatever eye shadow I used over it, matte or not, stayed exactly where I applied it and looked exactly the same at the end of the day as it did when I first put it on. As mentioned, this stuff is a light nude opaque color and it makes the colors you put over it pop a bit more. My only complaint was the consistency was a bit thick. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way, but it was also a bit tough to apply and blend smoothly because it was so tacky. Overall pretty good. I definitely recommend this for its staying power.

on 1/29/2016 7:34:00 AM

It's a " nude matte". Dried too matte too dry thus exaggerates all the fine lines and makes you years older.

I think it's for someone with oily eye area. I am normal, with lines. Thus definitely not for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This eye primer in Eden is a so-so product. Yes, it primes your eyes and makes eyeshadows appear brighter, but it makes eyeshadows fade in hours. I expect this primer to at least make the eyeshadow long lasting; however, it does not. The application is also a mess; it is very difficult to apply and spread over eyelids and leaves a white streak on them. Just ugh.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED!!!

I am really serious, this product is terrible. it creases so bad, and does not even last for 2 hours. Never ever buying the UD primer potion in Eden again. Awful waste of money, i suggest the Too Faced shadow insurance. it works so much better, and lasts longer.

on 1/10/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have deep set eyes and darker lids so I thought I'd give Eden a try in an attempt to brighten the eye area a bit. I was almost instantly unimpressed after applying. I didn't like the way it felt on my lids and the color did not work for my skintone (I am very, very fair in the winter with neutral undertones and the color came off quite yellow). For whatever reason, the texture made my eyes look very old and tired. I decided to keep it on just to see if it helped with creasing especially with my under eye concealer, it didn't. My concealer immediately creased into the fine lines under my eyes. After about 2 1/2 hours, there was messy creasing on my upper eyelid, too, which is actually quite unusual for me as I do not have oily lids and have had little problem with upper eyelid creasing even without primers. I also noticed some slight irritation around my eyes, though admittedly that could've been unrelated to the primer. I gave up and removed it. Unfortunately, I don't really see any reason for me to try the primer again.

on 1/6/2016 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I am seriously amending a very positive review of this product from excellent to horrible.

As I live in the tropics it was pointless wearing eye makeup during the day until I tried the UD Primer Potion in Eden. It was excellent and reliable.

I repurchased this 4-5 times over several years. I was clearly very happy it was like a little miracle in a bottle. I also went to great lengths to buy - such as purchasing through a US parcel forwarding service and paying the high international postage costs from the US to Australia.

I recently repurchased this and it came in a tube like container. Not only had the container changed but the formula is horrible. It feels like i have a layer of sticky glue on my eyelids. I had to drive home from work and wash my face because it was truly horrible as well as irritating my eyes to the point of tears. I have never had this happen with any other product so beware this is not the product that I thought I was buying. Even after washing and cleansing there was a film of sticky residue on my eyelids.

Urban Decay should have given advice to customers to not expect the same product, instead of masquerading a changed product as the original. I notice there are quite a few reviews saying that the formula has changed, so it would seem UD simply don't value loyal customers. Given the popularly of this product you think that the formula would have been valued enough to remain unchanged.

This has gone from a product that was a must have to down right rubbish. I will never again purchase any item from this label because they do not provide a reliable product. If there was a store within 500 kilometers I would be returning it.

on 12/23/2015 1:18:00 PM

I keep coming back to Primer Potion. I stray but, thankfully, Primer Potion welcomes me - and my creased eyeshadow - with open arms. I prefer Eden because it evens out the skin tone on my eyelid and makes my shadow stay all day long. For real, I don't worry about creasing at all. I will say, this primer does make my eyelid look a bit more textured but I tend to have that problem with every primer I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've used the original PP for years and always loved it. My eyeshadow would wear like iron and basically look the same after 12+ hours. When my last tube ran out, I decided to try the Eden version. I tend to have a fair amount of darkness on my lid, so I thought this would be perfect, and in that aspect, it is! But here's where the problem starts. My eyeshadow doesn't last near as long as with the original. It's faded and creasing when I look in the mirror at the end of the day. Not terribly, but I don't think it should be at all when I'm using UDPP. I've noticed that the texture of this is drier than the original, so I don't know if that's where it goes wrong or what. All I know is I do my regular routine (PP, MAC Paint Pot as a base + eyeshadows), and it just doesn't last. I'll stick with the original from now on.