Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden
UDPP in Eden and UD's Sustainable Shadow BoxEyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Usually I'll make a long review but for this product ill just keep it short and simple, cut to the chase. No beating around the bush and all the other metaphors let's get down to the nitty gritty. Plain and simple this“Eden” ain't s*** compared to the original Urban decay primer potion. The original is the “QUEEN BEE” up in here. How you going to be 20 dollars, nice packaging love the wand; but how you going to be so expensive and so suck so bad. Yes Eden, you are matte but so is the original. Eden, you crease like a pants folds. Look, I'm not repurchasing this crap. I like the color. It's nude and very opaque. Creamy texture no noticeable smell. Please please if you buy use a tiny drop. The more you use the more it'll crease. I'm serious. Just buy the original udpp and use some type of base on top to make your eye shadows pop. Long story short don't waste your time and money on this. With 20 dollars I could've put gas in my truck.

on 9/26/2016 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the squeeze tube and since the first day I bought it when I squeezed the tube to get some product out a clear liquid would come out ,I would have to get all the liquid out then the skin tinted product would come out in a weird consistency,that happens every time I use it,I've tried shaking it but it doesnt help. Besides that this product is not extrordinary,my shadows would disappear after like 2 hours. It didnt give me any creasing and it is easy to blend,but I do get the same results just using foundation or concealer on my eyelids. But for the price its not worth it,I have the ELF eyelid primer that cost me 1dll and does a better job than the Urban Decay one

To Read all 337 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my Ride or Die, can’t live without, got backups of, desert island, holy grail primer!! It cancels out my tinted lids that already look like they have dark neutral eyeshadow on it and makes my eyeshadows, pop, gleam, last forever without fading AND doesn't crease, ya'll! If you want to SEE my full review then just COME ON!! JUMP ON IT!! And take the ride with me in my JACLYN HILL RIDE OR DIE MAKEUP TAG!! You'll have a ball!!

on 8/24/2016 2:23:00 PM

I got this as a free sample when I bought the Naked 3 palette, and it ruined my eyeshadow for the day. The primer made my eyeshadow lose all of its color and then it started running down my face. I tried to blend everything out, but the eyeshadow just kept sliding all over my lids and it looked blotchy.

on 8/4/2016 2:26:00 PM

Disclaimer: i have this in the old packaging, which i bought from NordstromRack for $10.

I've had and tried the original UDPP and i enjoyed that one so i thought what the heck, can't beat the price.

I like Eden even better! I love the flesh tone color, its perfect for my NC15 skin, which has a slight yellow/green undertone. Its perfect for those "no makeup days" when i just want to even out the color on my lids (they tend to be a tad dark)

The texture is creamy and emollient, but it has almost a powder finish. You don't need a lot, just about the amount of a rice grain. I find less is more.

Since its flesh toned it does a nice job of making shadows pop out a bit more (but tbh a white base would probably do a better job)

As for prolonging wear and preventing creasing i think the original does a better job.

Eden is useful and great for its own purposes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of those bait and switch products that torments me: I LOVE the color (I am N15 but my lids are dark so this really helps), the creamy emollience and blendability, and yes I even love the sponge tip applicator (though I'm sure it's not hygienic) BUT... this creases like crazy on me and of course does nothing to stop eyeshadow from creasing. And since that is the whole point of an eye primer, I am really disappointed. To be fair, I have hooded eyes and oily lids so it's a major challenge to find a primer that works. Original UDPP has been the best so far (and yes I have tried every eye primer ever made) so I wrongly assumed this would be that plus some color. Bummed to return this after so much excitement when I initally applied it. For now I'm back to original UDPP + concealer - nothing seems to beat that combo for effective lightening and de-oil-slick-ifying. To the UD product development peeps: please reformulate this and take out some of the oil in it. I'd rather have it be a little dry and draggy on application if that means it will work better to keep my shadows true.

on 5/17/2016 2:36:00 PM

One lippie might be harsh because the packaging is nice, but then again this is a pricey product and it's an eye primer, I mean...wait...I am right in thinking this is a primer aren't I?

My issue with this product? It creases BADLY on me. I'm super lazy and sometimes I really cannot be bothered to wear eyeshadow. I really wanted the Sin primer potion because I've had it before and that's great, but they didn't have it in stock so I went for this instead thinking it'll be a bit more of a nude look but it'll do the job anyway.
I want to say that I've used the original UDPP and I have the anti-ageing one which I really love, I also used Sin which I love too... but never Eden, and I never will again. There is nothing more unattractive than a big crease of bone coloured cream on your eyelids... It just isn't cute.
This is supposed to prime lids, and I've never had anything but stellar performance from other primers from UD...so why is this happening? I don't know... I just know - I've tried using a super thin layer and the same thing happens! I've tried and tried with this product but nope, it creases. Perhaps forgiveable with a cream e/s but not with a product designed to help makeup stay flawless looking. Despite the hefty amount of product you get, and the good packaging, it doesn't do the job and it's in the bin before it causes me anymore embarassment! Bummer. I recommend you don't choose this incarnation of the UD primers... it's not their best.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As someone who doesn't necessarily need to use eye shadow primer, I have to say I was still impressed with this formula. Whatever eye shadow I used over it, matte or not, stayed exactly where I applied it and looked exactly the same at the end of the day as it did when I first put it on. As mentioned, this stuff is a light nude opaque color and it makes the colors you put over it pop a bit more. My only complaint was the consistency was a bit thick. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way, but it was also a bit tough to apply and blend smoothly because it was so tacky. Overall pretty good. I definitely recommend this for its staying power.

on 1/29/2016 7:34:00 AM

It's a " nude matte". Dried too matte too dry thus exaggerates all the fine lines and makes you years older.

I think it's for someone with oily eye area. I am normal, with lines. Thus definitely not for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This eye primer in Eden is a so-so product. Yes, it primes your eyes and makes eyeshadows appear brighter, but it makes eyeshadows fade in hours. I expect this primer to at least make the eyeshadow long lasting; however, it does not. The application is also a mess; it is very difficult to apply and spread over eyelids and leaves a white streak on them. Just ugh.