CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 3/23/2019 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to LOVE this. It was my HG ‘plain’ moisturiser to slap on alone or with other stuff. Reviews said the reformulation sucked. I ignored them and went ahead and bought another bottle only to discover they were right - it’s AWFUL. Not sure what they’ve done to it but it broke me out in places I never usually get break outs. I’m too old for hormonal acne so break outs now are usually product related.
I’m so mortified as I’d planned on using this for ever. Now I’m back to square one searching for another HG :/

on 2/19/2019 7:19:00 AM

They reformulated it and it sucks. It broke my skin out and turned my skin into a desert with large pores. Don’t waste your money.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this a couple of months ago, and after I bought it discovered they (CeraVe) were "bought out" by L'Oreal. I was watching Dr. Dray and she made this comment that they were bought by L'Oreal and that several of her viewers noted the change in formula. I don't think I used this before that buy out so I can only comment from my experience.

We're now in January, so it's colder and drier and this gives enough moisture, just enough however. I apply it to wet skin, (literally wet, learned this first from a video on Korean skincare and then Dr. Dray). Seems to sink in very quickly and is lightweight. I'm going to use it up, but once I do I think I'll either go for their moisturizing body lotion or cream in the tub. This PM lotion is ALMOST too lightweight for the winter time. I tend to feel more oily in the summer, so I think I'll repurchase when the summertime rolls around.

on 12/29/2018 4:14:00 AM

Hi, meet the devil. I have combination skin very dry but also extremely oily. I read amazing reviews here so I decided to give this a try. YES I DID READ THE FEW HORROR STORIES BUT CONVINCED MYSELF I WASN'T GOING TO BE ONE OF THEM. Why would i ever think that? I have the worst luck. ever. This broke me out and also made my face extremely red. I stopped using this lotion for just TWO damn days and my face cleared up. I had forgotten the color of my skin which is white af. And it's not over yet. Since I knew this worked so "amazing" for other people. privileged imaginary people. I gifted this to my cousin, her face broke out too specially her forehead and guess what? She turned tomato red too. Then we gave it to our soft baby faced 14 yeard old cousin. She's never had acne in her life, guess what? This lotion ruined her face two days before christmas!!!!! Her face turned red and broke out. LONG STORY SHORT DON'T BUT THIS.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this lotion enough but I think it's marketed totally incorrectly for what it does. It's very very lightweight and not at all suitable as a "night cream" even for the oiliest skin. If you have dry skin, don't bother with this one.

But I have recently come off accutane and my skin has stopped being dry and started becoming oily again. My regular Nivea night cream was just too heavy for me and everything was breaking me out and making me oily through the day. This hydrates my face fairly well and keeps me matte throughout the day, which is what I was looking for. Now my makeup stays in place all day and doesn't look like a greasy, creasy mess. Better yet, it doesn't break me out!

I usually layer it over elf water essence and paula's choice 2% BHA for extra exfoliation and hydration.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Apparently they reformulated this....I'm reviewing the latest 2018 version

I ran out of my usual moisturizer and opted to get this while my usual moisturizer arrived in the mail

PROS

- affordable price
- pretty decent ingredients. ..has the basics: hyaluronic, niacinamide, others i forget
- helped my breakout a bit i think

CONS

- not very hydrating. Actually, every time I used this, I mixed it with a few drops of a facial oil.....still not overly hydrating but much better. I like a thicker moisturizer at night, so i actually found i liked this better during the day....Although not sure about doing that in case it has exfoliating ingredients where your skin should not be exposed to sunlight. So beware.
- apparently, judging from many reviews on here, the old formula was better

Im curious to see how this would work at night, layering a thicker moisturizer on top

OVERALL

- it wasnt as thick as i like for a night time moisturizer BUT it did actually make my skin look good and i think helped with some persistant jawline breakout better than my usual moisturizer
- It's worth it to get this and try out, for the price. Again, if you want more moisturizing properties, try mixing with a facial oil

BTW i have tried ceeave's AM version in the past and did not like it at all. It had spf i think. Dont remember too many details, just remember i didnt like it and would not repurchase

After some time of using this, I think it would make some acne flare up under the skin and just leave it red. I WONT BE REPURCHASING for this reason. There's lots of other moisturizers out there to choose from.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This reformulation is garbage. Since they added sodium hydroxide, this has irritated my skin and broken me out. Not to mention that my skin ironically just felt dehydrated after I used it for a few days. I used this from when I was 19 to about age 23 with no problems, but I guess L’Oreal had to insert an ingredient that my skin can’t tolerate. Even if you can tolerate this lotion, it’s too watery and thin to even moisturize very much. Unless your skin is very thick and oily, I would not recommend this to anyone. CeraVe has become just about as crappy as Cetaphil, yikes.

**beware the reformulation**

I used this product as my Holy Grail for a year. Suddenly I'm breaking out with large cysts and pimples all down my neck, all over my forehead, soon my cheeks. I started eliminating all products it may be without even thinking of my Holy Grail. They changed the packaging but I heard nothing of the reformulation, but the ingredients list has changed once I researched into it. I have since stopped using this and a week on it's a little better, but will still take my skin another couple weeks to heal.

I am very unimpressed.

on 10/9/2018 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am relatively oily and I often get pimples and hormonal acne, however my skin was screaming for some serious hydration the last couple of years (as many oily people do, I tended to skip hydration as an attempt to manage my oiliness). So I was searching for an effective yet lightweight moisturizer and I came across cerave. I've been using it for about a month and I find it to be a great product. I use it right after cleansing on a wet face and even put in on my eyes area (it's certainly not intended for this, but it "cured" my eye eczema as it provided sufficient hydration for my chronically dry area there). This is a very good and super affordable product, I'll certainly be repurchasing.

I loved the original version of the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing lotion and used it night and day. It was my HG but then CeraVe changed the formula and now it breaks me out and pills under my makeup. My skin is very resistant and nothing breaks me out, I was so surprised to find out that CeraVe had changed the formula! Very disappointed and will not be repurchasing or recommending to my friends again.