CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe  Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 2/27/2017 11:56:00 PM

Originally purchased this and the moisturizing cleanser for my daughter who was having trouble with her cold weather parched skin. Decided to give them both a try since the containers were so large. I was pleasantly surprised. Both are very moisturizing , my skin "drank" this in immediately and felt soft, plump, it didn't accentuate any fine lines , and it it doesn't leave a greasy film on your skin. I would say this particular may not be enough for really dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This moisturizer really accentuated my dehydrated lines and dryness. My skin produced more oil than it usually does by the end of the day because of this. Overall, this is not moisturizing enough. I find that it just sits on your face.

on 2/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got this after many rave reviews, but it hasn't knocked my socks off. First off, it has more of a serum consistency than lotion. Indeed, right down to the Niacinamide content, the look and feel is a lot like Olay Regenerist serum, though less siloconey. It has a sticky/tacky feeling on the skin which does immediately relieve that dry/tight feeling after washing. However, I find that it needs another moisturizer on top or my skin will look and feel quite dry by morning. This is because the active ingredient here is hyaluronic acid, which is supposed to draw in moisture from the environment. Awesome, right? Well yes, except when the environment is dry. Then it actually works in reverse. The moisture from the product is lost to the environment. So this really isn't great to use alone in arid climates or during the winter when the air is quite dry. However, if you want a HA serum to use under your PM moisturizer, this is reasonably priced and will do the same jobs of HA serums priced much higher. I will not personally be repurchasing because I didn't see it made a difference in my skin and I wanted an actual creme/lotion. Very nice packaging though.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Very nice moisturizer. I use it in the morning with Blue Lizard spf 30 on top. The am moisturizer with spf by CeraVe was irritating to my face. I use the Renewing SA lotion at night for extra exfoliation and the Renewing SA cleanser morning and evening. My skin is in better shape than it has been after using high end skin care for years! Love CeraVe products and they don't break the bank!

Light weight with a thin like gel consistency. No fragrance and bottle has an easy to use pump that locks to make it travel friendly. My face feels moisturized and hasn't reacted negatively to this lotion at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! It's lightweight and not greasy at all. Absorbs quickly and does a great job of hydrating my skin. I have sensitive skin and it does not leave a burning or tingling feeling after applied and does not cause breakouts for me. I wish the AM version had the same consistency because I like to wear this in the morning under my makeup as well as at night, but I would like the SPF factor. The AM version just doesn't cut it for me but this one is great!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had somewhat high hopes for this as I don't demand a lot of a night cream anyway. Since I typically use actives at night after cleansing, I need a decent moisturizer to "lock" it all in and provide a little hydration to my oily-but-sometimes-flaky skin. Unfortunately, this was just "meh." Friends and reviews sang the praises of Cerave but this didn't do much at all for me. I used to work for a cosmetics line that based their skincare on ceramides and I was impressed with the ingredient list for this moisturizer. It includes the trifecta of ceramides, phytosphingosine and cholesterol necessary for optimal lipid barrier protection. Alas, I don't feel like this imparts a great deal of moisture. So, while it's not a bad or irritating moisturizer, I wouldn't bother buying it again.

This pains me... it really does. I decided to get on a healthy skincare and makeup regimen to kick off the new year. I wanted to be able to sport that naturally flawless look with minimal makeup and that would take the help of the right skincare products. Cerave was a brand I was always aware of but not attracted to for some reason. It struck me as being a clinical brand targeted only towards those with very sensitive skin or those who need specialized care for skin ailments. I was looking for something no-frills but effective. Come to find out that many, many people actually use their products on a daily basis. So I looked up reviews of this moisturizer on Paula's Choice, here on MakeupAlley, Amazon, Beautypedia etc and it pretty much had glowing reviews everywhere. So I figured it would be a slam dunk to add to my everyday skincare routine.

Holy cow. In the last two days I've been using this my face is literally beet red. Not just my cheeks or certain spots.. my whole face. I've scoured through hundreds of reviews and it seems a small handful of people have experienced this reaction too. Ugh this really bums me out because the ingredient list was so impressive 😔

on 1/4/2017 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Long story short: love this product! I was super skeptical of this product for a while after hearing many acne-prone users complain of how this product broke them out. I myself have sensitive, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea, and often break out from products that other acne-prone people have no problem with, so I was pretty apprehensive.

Glad I took the plunge though. After consistently using this on the left side of my face for about a week, I'm already seeing that side become less red/inflamed, smoother, and more even-toned. The consistency is somewhere between a gel and a cream. It goes on smoothly without any irritation from my skin.

That being said, this doesn't seem to sit well with other people, so I recommend patch-testing. Overall though, I'd still say this is a great option for people with acne-prone skin. I've mainly stuck with gel moisturizers in the past, which is generally recommended for people with acne, but haven't found them to be moisturizing enough. This product seems like a good balance between a gel that is light on the skin and non-comedogenic, and a cream that can actually deliver the moisture that your skin needs (especially if you're using drying acne products).

on 1/2/2017 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I went on a holiday to Canada and bought quite a few products while there. This was one of them. My bag was delayed on my way over and I bought this as a night time moisturiser to tie me over. I was really impressed and ended up buying another bottle before I left. This is a great moisturiser for people with oily skin. It sinks in really quickly and gives a lot of moisture to the skin without being oily. My sensitive skin looks lovely after having used this moisturiser and it doesn't look oily at all. I normally don't eat a lot of sugar, but I have over the holidays. I therefore cannot tell if this clogs my pores, or if my eating habits are the culprit. If this causes clogged pores, I will update my review. So far I am loving this moisturiser though, apart from some of the parabens in it (that are a bit iffy, hence the four lippies).