CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe  Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

I really like this stuff. It doesn't irritate my skin like the AM version does. It soaks in quickly and smoothly.

on 11/9/2016 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

THIS LOTION RIGHT HERE IS A LIFESAVER !!! I use it morning and night . It leaves my skin so smooth and it let's me glow. It doesn't clog my pores. No irritation. Texture is awesome too.

To Read all 505 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/5/2016 6:30:00 PM

I have combination skin and this PM moisturizer feels wonderful on it. I like the consistency: Not too thick but not watery either. Absorbs quickly. I decided to try this after reading a 5-star "expert's review" on Beautypedia. So happy I tried it. Awesome price too and it does go on sale from time to time.

on 10/29/2016 4:39:00 AM

I can't believe I used this product for nearly 3 years before realising this was most likely the culprit for my closed comedones, occasional breakouts, excessively oily skin and a 24/7 red face (this did not burn nor was my skin irritated, it was just very bright red all the time).
I only realised this after I started using a sheet mask lotion as my daily moisturiser because of how much better my skin was looking every time I used it and CeraVe PM sat ignored amongst my ever expanding skin care stash.
My closed comedones started to disappear and so did my red face that was so many shades darker than my very pale neck all the time, gone were the breakouts I always had. I woke up with clear, dewy and soft skin after this was taken out of my skin care routine and was replaced with a sheet mask lotion.
I tried to introduce this back into my routine at night and awoke the next morning with angry big red bumps on my face in areas that I never break out such as side of my nose and forehead. Not only did I try to use this once but twice just to make sure this was the reason for my breakouts and sure enough, this was the culprit. And now not only do I have huge big red, pissed off deep pimples that are slow to go away, I also am one of those lucky people whose red pimples are a fiery red as if they're filled with rage. How lovely. And the red ones are always the worst on my neck and the ones on my neck are the slowest to go away and heal and slow for the angry redness to go away.
I will say though the packaging is wonderful and it has a lock so travel with this is great, texture is wonderful and light yet moisturising yet it never was fully absorbed into my skin either. Don't get me wrong, I do think this provides very good moisture but I don't think my skin drank it up like it should have either and now that I think about it, it just sat atop my skin, unabsorbed and it made me so much more greasy and forget about this looking good under foundation.
Once this got the boot out of my skin care routine, my skin returned to normal and my skin is no longer producing an over abundance of oil like it did with this and now my foundation looks decent throughout the day instead of pooling up and being a nasty oily mess.
I feel so stupid for not even realising this was the culprit for my skin woes.
Now, I'm going to have to just wait out my breakout I'm experiencing after giving this a second chance.
For now, I'm keeping this only for my eye area and mixing a drop of Argan oil into it 2x/day and it works wonders for my under eye area since that area is chronically dry but once this is gone I will not be repurchasing it.
Overall, I do recommend you try this if you are looking for a well rounded moisturiser that is affordable with actual decent skin care benefits that are good for your skin such as hyaluronic acid and niacinamide and if your skin is extremely dry, this may be very beneficial to you but if you are easily clog prone like I am or prone to breakouts, proceed with caution.
11/5/16 Followup: Knocked this down to 1 lippie cause this morning and tonight this caused intense burning on my under eye area, this morning I just thought maybe it was a fluke and maybe my eye area was mad for some unknown reasons, I do wear contacts but I've never had a burning sensation to my under eye area due to contacts nor my contact solution. Tonight was worse than this morning. My under eyes are now puffy, red and burning after applying this after my shower and removing my makeup. I took some Benadryl, used some olive oil to remove this crap then put Aquaphor healing ointment on my under eye area to soothe the fiery feeling I felt on my eye area.
Chucked this straight into the bin as I wouldn't want to give this to anyone and risk them getting plagued with a fire ant feeling on their skin and eye area.
And to think, I actually thought this stuff was amazing and recommended it to so many people without realising the damage this was doing to my skin.
I'll gladly stick to my Elizavecca skin care lotions my skin seems to respond to positively.

on 10/27/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This product is labeled for normal-to-oily in Canada instead of normal-to-dry like in the US. The formula is identical.

This is the response from CeraVe when I asked about it:
"In Canada, we identified “normal to oily skin” on the packaging because the texture is slightly lighter than our regular Moisturizing Lotion and it also contains ingredients such as Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) that help reduce redness sometimes associated with skin conditions such as acne and rosacea which are generally considered “oily” skin conditions. However, niacinamide has benefits for dry skin and the product also contains all the same skin barrier replenishing ingredients found in our body moisturizers, making it perfectly suitable for dry skin as well."

I do understand the change in the label since it is not very moisturizing if you have dry skin or some dry parts on your skin. You might need to layer a heavier moisturizer over it or some serum underneath it. I applied many pumps of the CeraVe PM on my skin at night and still felt some tight dry skin. Do take note that I don't use any acne treatment or harsh cleanser. I just wash with water and applied this moisturizer at night. I have combination skin.

Another thing that didn't work for me is the burning, stinging and itching that I felt when I applied this moisturizer. Sometimes it was all night, sometimes it was random... My skin just felt uncomfortable. It also turned my skin red. I believe it is the Niacinamide in the ingredients. I saw other reviews stating the same things. So it seems like I can't tolerate it.

The texture of the CeraVe PM is sticky and shiny after you apply it. Which is why it is best to apply it at night.

Also, this moisturizer clogged my pores. I had a few whiteheads every day popping up when I used this. Even though the CeraVe PM is highly recommended on Skincare Addiction it just didn't work for my skin. If you can tolerate Niacinamide and if this moisturizer doesn't clog your pores, then it would be a great option for you. I just love the ingredients list.. sadly, not for my skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been reading reviews on here for years without contributing, but I recently started a new makeup/skincare regimen and decided it was time to contribute.

In my opinion, this is a requirement for anyone using a retinoid treatment. Dermatologists should send you home with a tube of retinol and a bottle of CeraVe PM.

A few months ago my dermatologist put me on a Retin-A regimen. I've read all about the side effects, so knew to expect redness/peeling/breakouts/etc. I thought I was one of the lucky few who dodged these side effects... until about 4-5 weeks in.

Enter angry red blotches. Waking up every morning with patches of a white scaly crust on my face. Coming home from work to look in the mirror and finding crusty skin. Going to the gym became painful -- as soon as I started to sweat, it felt like someone threw battery acid in my face. If I cried, the tears felt like knives going down my face. Even the gentlest cleansers made my skin burn like acid. The only relief was stopping the Retin-A for 4-5 days, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

I tried a ton of different things to help restore my skin barrier -- from drug store moisturizers to high-end, $100+ serums/moisturizers, to pure jojoba oil, to coconut oil. Coconut oil seemed to work best on the crustiness and redness, but I hate how it made my skin so shiny, and didn't like the feel on my face. It kind of sits there and makes me itchy. Plus, the crust would come back later in the day, anyway.

I kept seeing comments from people telling them their dermatologists had recommended CeraVe as the only moisturizer you need with retinoids. I kind of dismissed this, I guess? A few times a week I'll use the CeraVe AM lotion with SPF 30, and didn't see it helping much. Which, in retrospect, is kind of silly if you're only using it a few times a week. I also applied it over a bunch of other stuff, so I'm not sure it was ever soaking in.

ANYWAY - I picked up the CeraVe PM as kind of an, "Oh well, if it sucks at least I'm only out $6."

When I first used it, I honestly thought I got a defective bottle. You expect PM moisturizers to be thick and heavy. This was light - kind of gel-like and milky. I had to GIS to make sure that yes, this is how it's supposed to look.

So that night I cut out everything else. Just wash + Retin-A + CeraVe. It burned quite a bit, but literally EVERYTHING burned. Then bed. However, I like that it actually soaked in instead of sitting there making my face feel itchy.

The next morning, for the first time in a loooooooong time, I didn't have scaly patches. The redness had gone down considerably. My skin didn't seem to burn when I touched it. It felt like my old skin, only much better looking.

I'm still considering how I'll incorporate this into my morning routine, as I'm not the biggest fan of the AM moisturizer. But for right now, I'm so thankful I started using this. It has made my nighttime routine SO much simpler and cheaper, while also being so much more effective.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very good night time moisturizer and is not greasy on my oily skin it moisturizes your skin awesomely and i have not complains

on 9/19/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this product, CeraVe PM, today.( Washed with newly bought CeraVe Moisturizing cleanser first. I thought the cleanser felt lovely...does not remove makeup however...another review for another day). I applied the lotion "liberally" as per instructions. My face turned a lovely beet red and I felt like it was on fire. So, going back to Shopko. I don't feel like researching why this happened, but really confused as to all the hype.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have combo dry, sensitive rosacea skin.

This is a lightweight moisturizer without sunscreen good for sensitive skin no fragrance. I bought this product specifically because of the inclusion of niacinamide which is supposed to help with redness and ceramics which help maintain the skins barrier.

Works very well for me.After going through almost the entire bottle the redness on the cheeks is mostly gone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an affordable moisturizer and happened to see some really favorable comments about this product on the Skincare Board so I decided to try it out. I like it on its own, but I also think its great combined with an oil (so far I have tried marula oil and passionfruit seed oil with this).