CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This broke me out terribly. I did a patch test and got deep, cystic pimples were I applied this. I never get cystic pimples! There is something that makes this formulation EXTREMELY comedogenic.

Great ingredients, relatively moisturizing, but do a patch test first!

I just recently just bought this product yesterday. I ran out of my somewhat alright moisturizer, which was garnier skin renew. That product though made my skin worst and broke me out. So I searched for a new product and stumbled onto this. I did a lot of research about this product such as the reviews and the individuals that used this product. Through my research I found out this product makes other break out because of the ingredients. No matter what though, I still tried it and I regret it. This particular product may work for some but as for me it did not. I applied this product just yesterday and the next day it broke me out. The texture of this product seems greasy to me and It kind of felt heavy. The only thing I could say is that it did make my skin soft but again it broke me.

on 8/24/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Good basic moisturizer. Texture is nice - light, hydrating and doesn't leave my oily skin greasy. Works well for nighttime in the summer, not quite hydrating enough for me in the winter. I have very acne prone skin and thankfully haven't had any issues with breakouts from this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Yuck! After doing some research I found some ingredients in here my skin possibly disagreed with. I stopped using this and substituted the CeraVe moisturizing cream in the tub. My skin TEXTURE is noticeably softer and smoother now. Steer clear if you have sensitive skin or skin prone to clogging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product moisturized my skin well... but it made me break out into these big horrible painful cystic pimples. My skin doesn't do that normally. I know it was this product because it was the newest thing that I incorporated into my skin care routine. I had such high hopes for it because it had a high rating on Paula's Beautypedia website and it is marketed towards sensitive skin.

I quit using it and then I tried it again to see if it had the same effect and it did so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cerave is a brand that my dermatologist, magazines and many women swear by. Unfortunately, most of the things I have tried by the brand are not for me. I have combination skin, very clog and acne prone. This PM moisturizer broke me out terribly, I'm sad to say :/ Returned it.

on 7/5/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This has become my favorite nighttime and daytime moisturizer. It is very light but feels very emollient to the touch. It dries rather quickly but leaves your skin feeling soft and moist, not greasy. I also use this as my eye cream. A great buy at $7. Would recommend and would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I normally use CeraVe for body moisturizing, because it was recommended by my lymphedema therapist to keep the skin on my affected arm from drying out & cracking. To my chagrin, I noticed it has parabens—and then when I looked at my CeraVe AM & PM facial lotions, so do they. As a breast cancer survivor whose tumor was estrogen-dependent, I have become acutely aware of endocrine disruptors—chemical sunscreens (one of which is in the AM lotion), parabens, BPA and phthalates. That is why I’m not giving this five stars across the board—though the price is right, the packaging convenient, and the product does what it claims, I’m worried about anything that might cause my cancer to recur (or which might affect anyone’s estrogen levels). I gave up meat, poultry and eggs from animals given hormones for that very reason.

So I switched, first to HydroPeptide (available only online or at a limited number of spas, crazy-expensive) and H2O+ Infinity (pricy but not unaffordable, available at larger Walgreen’s, Rite-Aid, or online). Both have hyaluronic acid plus peptides to help deliver the ingredients into the lower layer of the epidermis. My dermatologist can’t believe I’m 66 and never had plastic surgery, Botox or fillers. HydroPeptide (if you can easily find it and don’t mind paying through the nose) never had endocrine disruptors (and donates to breast cancer research). H2O+ removed them from all their products beginning in 2016. If you order their stuff, make sure you get fresh new product—read the label, and if endocrine disruptors are in there, don’t open the package but return it and demand a refund and replacement by the newer versions.

on 8/2/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I thought it would be a well tolerated basic moisturizer. After about a week of use and loving it, I noticed deep set pimples in places I don't normally break out: under my eye, in the lines around my nose, sides of my mouth. It worked great for getting rid of flakes but the pimples were just too much.
It's kind of a shame!

I love Cera Vé products. I started using the facial wash and prefer it over Cetaphil or Eucerin. I love it! Recommended by my dermatologist also, another he says is great is VaniCream which I haven't tried yet. From any of these I have not have breakouts which is awesome! I wear the facial moisturizer (round jar) instead of primer which I won't bother to buy any kind again find them too heavy, good and sticky and CeraVè moisturizes and plumps my skin instead I find it excellent under my foundation which I apply very little of it only to even out color on my face luckily I have great skin with some sun spots from worshipping the sun, running, gardening, Miami Beach baking in high school years and beginning to show wrinkles with aging. I find these products great for the price!