CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe  Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 6/12/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Completely re-writing my review - this broke me out. After 2 solid weeks of using it - I started to get inflamed pus-filled whiteheads - just all over randomly. I never broke out on my prior moisturizer, but it always left me so shiny. This one - sadly - did the same - but also made me VERY tacky. I loved using this moisturizer under my foundation. Because it leaves a tacky finish, my foundation just CLUNG to it, and it made my pores look amazing.

BUT - it clogs my pores. I'm also 100% sure it was this product, because it was the only thing new in my routine. Ugh. Back to my Olay Sensitive facial lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I know this has way more beneficial ingredients in it, but to be honest I don't see a huge difference in my skin when using this compared to the moisturizer I was using before (Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin). I really like the texture of this, it's very lightweight and it is hydrating. I don't think this is gonna be moisturizing enough for very dry skin, mine says for normal to oily skin on it and I think that's correct (I have combo skin). I think this will be good for during the warmer weather, but I need something more moisturizing for the winter/when my skin is feeling dry. I do like this, I probably would repurchase eventually but I wouldn't mind trying other moisturizers. This is good value for the money, but it's a lot smaller than Cerave's other moisturizers (like the lotion one) even though I think they're similar in price. I would suggest applying this on slightly damp skin after cleansing/toning, instead of fulling drying your face beforehand.

I really like this lightweight lotion. In the winter, I don't find this to be heavy enough to hydrate my normal-dry skin, so I opt for the Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream instead. The weather has changed and now I need something a bit lighter and this fits the bill. Bang for your buck, this is a good one to try if interested in using ceramides on your skin. I see this is sort of hit or miss by some users. This doesn't cause breakouts on me, and my skin feels plumped and hydrated in the morning. I use this in conjunction with a retinol at night. You can find coupons and sales quite often, so it isn't expensive to give it a try.

on 4/29/2017 4:19:00 PM

Recently I left for vacation without my usual moisturizer and I had to buy what was available at Walmart. I have read many good things about this moisturizer on MUA but also read that it clogs some people. My 50 year old skin is very sensitive, clog prone, and usually dry and flaky. My skin likes niacinamide So I gave this one a try. I am only on my 4th day of using this moisturizer but I can usually tell if something is going to work for me within a couple of days. After using this product my skin feels moisturized, plump and is not flaky. It does leave a film on my skin that doesn't sink in but my skin is comfortable and not tight feeling. It is not a heavy lotion but very hydrating. I plan on using this product even after my vacation.

I've just discovered CeraVe products and this lotion has become a fave, maybe even HG status! I needed a break from my usual face cream from Jurlique, as it was irritating my skin in combination with my retinoid. Maybe the essential oils were the culprit? Idk...Anyways, back to the topic at hand. While internet searching for a gentle moisturizer to use with retinoids, I kept seeing recommendations for this one. So I decided to give it a shot and I'm really impressed with how gentle yet intensely moisturizing it is. Sinks right in, even with the 3 other products I layer on underneath it. I'm slightly embarrassed that it took me this long to discover this gem that's been hiding in the beauty section of my local pharmacy all along.

I've only used this product for 2 days, but so far I'm incredibly impressed!

I have very sensitive skin and up until then only stuck to natural products. I abhorred products you could buy in both drugstores and high-end counters, simply because all I could see on the labels were chemicals, chemicals, and more chemicals. I've tried brightening products in the past, such as Vit C serums, Vit E formulations, chemical exfoliants such as AHA/BHA toners, etc, but my skin never liked any of these products and usually became irritated.

Up until my skin's downward spiral, I had only been using unrefined organic rose hip oil. It had worked great for me in the past, but for some reason(maybe due to stress and diet), my skin decided to rebel. Starting in November of last year, my skin became rough, flaky, incredibly dry, and because my skin was crying for help, it also overproduced sebum. I was dry and oily---what a combination.

Once the dryness subsided, I started getting acne flare-ups, more than what I'm used to. Some of them were cystic and never came to a head. My skin's protective barrier had become completely compromised.

I have to attribute my friend into helping me find this product---the two key ingredients to look for are ceramides and niacinamide. This product, almost overnight, helped heal my skin. It looks noticeably brighter and my hyperpigmentation is not as inflamed/red. Though it is marketed as a "PM" moisturizer, it works well under makeup as well. It is a lightweight gel-like formula that absorbs extremely well onto the skin. Though lightweight, it offers incredible hydration. I just can't rave enough about how well my skin took to this product after the episode I've suffered the last couple of months.

I'm going to continue to use this product(crossing my fingers that there are no adverse effects later) and search for a lightweight serum containing the same key ingredients to use in conjunction with this.

Edit: It's been a week since I've picked this up, and I still haven't changed my mind about this product. Reading the reviews on here it seems to be hit or miss, but I was lucky enough for this product to be a total hit. It's sped up the healing process on my skin. My overall skin tone is brighter and my skin's texture has improved drastically. Pesky dry skin, flakes, and overall congestion in the form of little tiny bumps have almost diminished completely. I can't wait to see how prolonged use will affect my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased. Me: dry/sensitive skin/eczema in a hot climate. The gel texture is super soothing. I used this on infant eczema, too, to better effect that products marketed directly for it. It's also my eye cream.

on 3/11/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I picked it up on a whim, but I expected it to be a thicker, heavy night moisturizer. It's actually quite thin and light, and I've been wearing it day and night, It goes under makeup very well, not greasy or shiny at all, but gives a nice glow. I still think I need a thicker, heavier night cream for our Canadian winters, but this makes a good day moisturizer for winter and will continue to be a good night moisturizer in the warmer, more humid summer months.

Edit: After using this for a couple of weeks, I suddenly started getting one huge pimple after another, especially in places where I don't normally get break outs. And these are the really deep kind, too. It's only gotten worse, to the point where I'm getting one or two new huge pimples per day and they leaving big marks behind. At first I blamed stress, but now - I think this may be the culprit. I am putting it away and will see if my skin clears up again. I'll be very disappointed if this moisturizer is to blame. I started using the Cerave Foaming cleanser around the same time, so maybe the cleanser is to blame - but I doubt it, to be honest, I think it's this.

Edit 2: My skin started to clear up as soon as I stopped using this. I have no doubt this moisturizer is what has been breaking me out so badly. I've never had such a strong adverse reaction to a product before! Never again.

on 3/9/2017 12:54:00 PM

Not the most luxurious product, but according to the ingredient list, this is full of all of the things our skin needs, especially ceramides and hyalauronic acid. I just started using Retin A, and did some research on the best moisturizers to help prevent irritation Retin A can cause, and this one comes highly recommended. I also use the daytime one with spf 30, which is a basic sunscreen moisturizer....but I like the PM forumla better. It has a gel-lotion consistency and sinks right in. Works well under foundation in the daytime too, as long as your foundation has an SPF. At night, after cleansing with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, I apply eye cream, also CeraVe, which is highly rated, and then wait for my skin to dry completely, about 10 minutes. I use my Retin A, give it a few minutes to sink in, then gently pat the CeraVe PM all over my face. So far I've had no problems with clogged pores/breakouts, and no peeling or flakiness from the Retin A. The price is decent, about $16.99 at the local CVS. Probably a lot less at Walmart.

I think this is a great moisturizer no matter what your age is, or what kind of skin care routine you have. Highly recommended!

on 3/3/2017 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really don't get all the bad reviews on here. This stuff is HG for me and I don't say that lightly about anything. I've spend 100+ on moisturizer and I can honestly say that this is better than all of them. I started using this when I started taking accutane a year ago. I tried everything to combat the severely dehydrated and cracking skin I had but nothing worked except this! Since then I have repurchased this 4 times and will continue to repurchase. I recommend this to everyone.