CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe  Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.8

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product moisturized my skin well... but it made me break out into these big horrible painful cystic pimples. My skin doesn't do that normally. I know it was this product because it was the newest thing that I incorporated into my skin care routine. I had such high hopes for it because it had a high rating on Paula's Beautypedia website and it is marketed towards sensitive skin.

I quit using it and then I tried it again to see if it had the same effect and it did so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cerave is a brand that my dermatologist, magazines and many women swear by. Unfortunately, most of the things I have tried by the brand are not for me. I have combination skin, very clog and acne prone. This PM moisturizer broke me out terribly, I'm sad to say :/ Returned it.

on 8/2/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I thought it would be a well tolerated basic moisturizer. After about a week of use and loving it, I noticed deep set pimples in places I don't normally break out: under my eye, in the lines around my nose, sides of my mouth. It worked great for getting rid of flakes but the pimples were just too much.
It's kind of a shame!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I normally use CeraVe for body moisturizing, because it was recommended by my lymphedema therapist to keep the skin on my affected arm from drying out & cracking. To my chagrin, I noticed it has parabens—and then when I looked at my CeraVe AM & PM facial lotions, so do they. As a breast cancer survivor whose tumor was estrogen-dependent, I have become acutely aware of endocrine disruptors—chemical sunscreens (one of which is in the AM lotion), parabens, BPA and phthalates. That is why I’m not giving this five stars across the board—though the price is right, the packaging convenient, and the product does what it claims, I’m worried about anything that might cause my cancer to recur (or which might affect anyone’s estrogen levels). I gave up meat, poultry and eggs from animals given hormones for that very reason.

So I switched, first to HydroPeptide (available only online or at a limited number of spas, crazy-expensive) and H2O+ Infinity (pricy but not unaffordable, available at larger Walgreen’s, Rite-Aid, or online). Both have hyaluronic acid plus peptides to help deliver the ingredients into the lower layer of the epidermis. My dermatologist can’t believe I’m 66 and never had plastic surgery, Botox or fillers. HydroPeptide (if you can easily find it and don’t mind paying through the nose) never had endocrine disruptors (and donates to breast cancer research). H2O+ removed them from all their products beginning in 2016. If you order their stuff, make sure you get fresh new product—read the label, and if endocrine disruptors are in there, don’t open the package but return it and demand a refund and replacement by the newer versions.

I love Cera Vé products. I started using the facial wash and prefer it over Cetaphil or Eucerin. I love it! Recommended by my dermatologist also, another he says is great is VaniCream which I haven't tried yet. From any of these I have not have breakouts which is awesome! I wear the facial moisturizer (round jar) instead of primer which I won't bother to buy any kind again find them too heavy, good and sticky and CeraVè moisturizes and plumps my skin instead I find it excellent under my foundation which I apply very little of it only to even out color on my face luckily I have great skin with some sun spots from worshipping the sun, running, gardening, Miami Beach baking in high school years and beginning to show wrinkles with aging. I find these products great for the price!

on 7/5/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This has become my favorite nighttime and daytime moisturizer. It is very light but feels very emollient to the touch. It dries rather quickly but leaves your skin feeling soft and moist, not greasy. I also use this as my eye cream. A great buy at $7. Would recommend and would definitely repurchase.

on 7/1/2017 8:30:00 AM

I'm not good at writing reviews, but when I know something that is gonna help others, I do my best effort to do it, here are my 2 cents, long story short, my cousin is working with a Dermatologist, when she told me that, I started to ask her what creams, serums moisturizes, etc. where the best and her first answer was that her boss swears that this moisturizer is the bet you get in the market, I was in shock, I was expecting to hear some really expensive French or Japanese brand like Tatcha and I ask her again, okay that could be the best for that price right? but what I wanna know what's the best moisturizer I can get either over the counter or prescribed, and she says that the Dr. herself uses that and that what recommendsthat moisturizer to all her clients, you can believe it or not, but I'm on my first bottle, and for day time I use the one with 50 SPF, it's a little thick for my liking, but I'm trying to get use to it. I hope this help you guys to save money and invest it on something else that you're dying to buy. :)

on 6/12/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Completely re-writing my review - this broke me out. After 2 solid weeks of using it - I started to get inflamed pus-filled whiteheads - just all over randomly. I never broke out on my prior moisturizer, but it always left me so shiny. This one - sadly - did the same - but also made me VERY tacky. I loved using this moisturizer under my foundation. Because it leaves a tacky finish, my foundation just CLUNG to it, and it made my pores look amazing.

BUT - it clogs my pores. I'm also 100% sure it was this product, because it was the only thing new in my routine. Ugh. Back to my Olay Sensitive facial lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I know this has way more beneficial ingredients in it, but to be honest I don't see a huge difference in my skin when using this compared to the moisturizer I was using before (Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin). I really like the texture of this, it's very lightweight and it is hydrating. I don't think this is gonna be moisturizing enough for very dry skin, mine says for normal to oily skin on it and I think that's correct (I have combo skin). I think this will be good for during the warmer weather, but I need something more moisturizing for the winter/when my skin is feeling dry. I do like this, I probably would repurchase eventually but I wouldn't mind trying other moisturizers. This is good value for the money, but it's a lot smaller than Cerave's other moisturizers (like the lotion one) even though I think they're similar in price. I would suggest applying this on slightly damp skin after cleansing/toning, instead of fulling drying your face beforehand.

I really like this lightweight lotion. In the winter, I don't find this to be heavy enough to hydrate my normal-dry skin, so I opt for the Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream instead. The weather has changed and now I need something a bit lighter and this fits the bill. Bang for your buck, this is a good one to try if interested in using ceramides on your skin. I see this is sort of hit or miss by some users. This doesn't cause breakouts on me, and my skin feels plumped and hydrated in the morning. I use this in conjunction with a retinol at night. You can find coupons and sales quite often, so it isn't expensive to give it a try.